0 0%

Thread: No Said Date - Track Review

Default No Said Date - Track Review

No Said Date

No Said Date

Masta Killa

RZA

They said the god was a never comin home...grandma in a nursing home

Grab the Mic then this - perfect opening - MK showing he can hold tracks on his own and he's not just one of the greatest guest MCs ever.

DRUNKENARTS

^^ ye what hills sed

There is nothing "classic" about this album at all, calling this album (and track) a classic is putting it up there with something like 4th chamber and that is something I just can't do.

This song is a banger but thats as far as the best joints on this album can achieve imo.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

It depends on what your definition of classic is, comparing any track to 4th Chamber would be very lofty standards. If something is a permanent mainstay in my playlist, it's a classic. If it has great replay value, if it has a great beat and great lyrics, it meets my standards. No Said Date meets those standards. Classic.

FRESH FISH

Quote Originally Posted by El Don View Post
    There is nothing "classic" about this album at all, calling this album (and track) a classic is putting it up there with something like 4th chamber and that is something I just can't do.

This song is a banger but thats as far as the best joints on this album can achieve imo.
    I agree wholesale. No Said Date is a solid album, key word: solid. The highs aren't as high, the lows aren't very low, and its consistently pretty good throughout. Most of the album hovers around 3-4 stars for me, except D.T.D, which is a 5 star classic to my ears. Who knows though, I'm the biggest Ghost fan in the world, so maybe I just like his verse on that one.

The real reason though is that Masta Killa is just a poor man's GZA. Yeah, I went there.

Agree with everything said xcept "MK is a poor man's Gza"

Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    I agree wholesale. No Said Date is a solid album, key word: solid. The highs aren't as high, the lows aren't very low, and its consistently pretty good throughout. Most of the album hovers around 3-4 stars for me, except D.T.D, which is a 5 star classic to my ears. Who knows though, I'm the biggest Ghost fan in the world, so maybe I just like his verse on that one.

The real reason though is that Masta Killa is just a poor man's GZA. Yeah, I went there.
    " Fifty caliber street sweepers shots from Shaolin that go to Massapequa." - Gza

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Once I heard this back in Spring 2003, I was hooked. Could not wait for the album to come out.