Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thoughts on the Confederate flag?

can somebody shed some light for me on the emotional value the confederate flag holds for its supporters? I am not talking about people wanting a return to slavery etc. what I mean is, are there other ways in which the flag is held in high regard in the south. for example, is it a symbol that most southerners would consider to be a part of their identity? I hope this question doesn't come off as retarded, I'm not trolling here. what are the various values the flag represents to most people in the south nowadays? what exactly do people think about when they refer to southern pride in this thread?

thanks for your input
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 06-24-2015 at 01:51 PM.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Jones View Post
    what are the various values the flag represents to most people in the south nowadays?
    The flag has many 'values' to certain redneck type folk but the only thing the flag represents is Racism and a terrible time in US history.

But changing the minds of the people who hold their ancestors on a pedestal will be a tough task.
    -----------------------

Veteran Member

Even here in Canada, some stores stopped selling.

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

Everybody saying its a white supremacy thing needs to shut off the tv and read a book immediately

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Jones View Post
    can somebody shed some light for me on the emotional value the confederate flag holds for its supporters? I am not talking about people wanting a return to slavery etc. what I mean is, are there other ways in which the flag is held in high regard in the south. for example, is it a symbol that most southerners would consider to be a part of their identity? I hope this question doesn't come off as retarded, I'm not trolling here. what are the various values the flag represents to most people in the south nowadays? what exactly do people think about when they refer to southern pride in this thread?

thanks for your input

its the rebel flag. Its actually anti government if anything.

and the civil war wasnt fought over slavery like the liberal media wants you to believe. It was about state rights and money. Slavery was way down on the list

The white supremacist who designed the Confederacy’s flag(s), one William T. Thompson, gave the definitive reason why every Republican, KKK member, and so-called Southern heritage advocate still supports flying that symbol of treason and racism. Thompson was proud to admit that “As a people we are fighting to maintain the heavenly ordained supremacy of the white man over the inferior or colored race; a white flag would thus be emblematical of our cause. Such a flag would be a suitable emblem of our young confederacy, and sustained by the brave hearts and strong arms of the south, it would soon take rank among the proudest ensigns of the nations, and be hailed by the civilized world as THE WHITE MAN’S FLAG.”

{>____<}

^That's exactly why the flag needs to be removed.

Welcome back, Pandemic.

NOI & Scientology superhero team up! YAKUB SPEAKS @ 01:02 mark
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 08-09-2015 at 02:05 PM.
    Retired.