View Poll Results: TURN MY HEADPHONES UP!!

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10: Masterpiece

2 66.67%
  • 9: Incredible

0 0%
  • 8: Banger

0 0%
  • 7: Really good

0 0%
  • 6: Good

1 33.33%
  • 5: Average

0 0%
  • 4: Boring

0 0%
  • 3: Weak

0 0%
  • 2: Wack

0 0%
  • 1: Gucci Mane

0 0%

Thread: Freestyle Professors - "Gryme Tyme"

Default Freestyle Professors - "Gryme Tyme"

01. Intro
    02. Turn My Headphones Up!
    03. Valley Of Death
    [prod. by J-Supiria]
    04. Who Am I?
    05. Luv U
    (ft. Stanley Grimes & DJ Rocalot)
    06. Confuse A Few
    [prod. by & ft. Lord Finesse]
    07. Breakin' The Rules
    08. Gryme Tyme
    09. Jump On It
    (ft. Don Q & Akbar)
    10. Let Me Tell You Something
    11. Time Flies
    [prod. by Minnesota]
    12. The Lord's Prayer
    [prod. by Buckwild]
    13. The Breakdown
    (ft. Lil' Sha)
    14. Testify
    15. We Comin'
    [prod. by Show]
    16. Those Was The Days
    [12 Finger Dan RMX] (ft. Kasha)
    17. Think About It
    [prod. by Diamond D]
    18. Radio
    19. Knick Knack
    (ft. Stanley Grimes & Akbar)
    20. Outro
    (ft. G.W. Foxx)

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

just got this shit in the mail right now and banging that shit on high volumes at the MO', i've had it on my ipod prior to this but the musical experience is ALWAYS enhanced once you got your own official copy to bump with full artwork and all that good shit.

if you haven't checked this one out yet you're doing yourself a big fucking infavour cuz this is nothing short of amazing for us boom-bap heads. it stands together with "Tha Blaqprint" and "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Niggas Pt. II" as the finest and rawest of 2009, a feat. in a year full of good releases. this is actually Freestyle Professor's debut album although they've been around in the shadows of DITC and the BX since 1994 when they released the underground classic "Down With The FP's", produced by Showbiz and Ahmed. Since then not too much have been heard besides a few guestspots until 2006 when they launched their own record label and started releasing a whole bunch of unreleased dope shit from the '90s.

the lyrics and beats on "Gryme Tyme" is a perfect marriage, the two MC's bounces off eachother with preciseness whether they just spitting ill freestyles or doing heartfelt concept joints like 'Valley Of Death', 'Lords Prayer' and 'Think About It' amongst others. guests are kept to a minimum and only within the family (Don Q, Akbar, Stanley Grimes and even Lord Finesse) which is a plus in my book.
    production-wise the shit is equally strong, Branesparker is the main producer and he supplies hardcore breaks with muddy samples straight off some dusty vinyl. His sound is very close to the DITC squad, which shows when he manages to hold his own with his beats against their contributions (they all contribute a beat each; Show, Finesse, Diamond and Buckwild). Other guest beats comes from Minnesota (who supplies a real dope joint) and J-Supiria.

i could go on forever breaking down this joint track-by-track but what's the point, all I wanna say is that you should definitely pick this up as soon as possible. especially if you're a fan of the grimey '90s east coast boom bap and especially D.I.T.C. projects like Show & AG's "Goodfellas" and Big L's "Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous". the Freestyle Professors, who released the album independely, need your support too so order this shit at www.freestyleprofessors.com and support that real hip-hop!!

9.25/10

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

word claaa7 i'm a peep dis

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    just got this shit in the mail right now and banging that shit on high volumes at the MO', i've had it on my ipod prior to this but the musical experience is ALWAYS enhanced once you got your own official copy to bump with full artwork and all that good shit.

if you haven't checked this one out yet you're doing yourself a big fucking infavour cuz this is nothing short of amazing for us boom-bap heads. it stands together with "Tha Blaqprint" and "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Niggas Pt. II" as the finest and rawest of 2009, a feat. in a year full of good releases. this is actually Freestyle Professor's debut album although they've been around in the shadows of DITC and the BX since 1994 when they released the underground classic "Down With The FP's", produced by Showbiz and Ahmed. Since then not too much have been heard besides a few guestspots until 2006 when they launched their own record label and started releasing a whole bunch of unreleased dope shit from the '90s.

the lyrics and beats on "Gryme Tyme" is a perfect marriage, the two MC's bounces off eachother with preciseness whether they just spitting ill freestyles or doing heartfelt concept joints like 'Valley Of Death', 'Lords Prayer' and 'Think About It' amongst others. guests are kept to a minimum and only within the family (Don Q, Akbar, Stanley Grimes and even Lord Finesse) which is a plus in my book.
    production-wise the shit is equally strong, Branesparker is the main producer and he supplies hardcore breaks with muddy samples straight off some dusty vinyl. His sound is very close to the DITC squad, which shows when he manages to hold his own with his beats against their contributions (they all contribute a beat each; Show, Finesse, Diamond and Buckwild). Other guest beats comes from Minnesota (who supplies a real dope joint) and J-Supiria.

i could go on forever breaking down this joint track-by-track but what's the point, all I wanna say is that you should definitely pick this up as soon as possible. especially if you're a fan of the grimey '90s east coast boom bap and especially D.I.T.C. projects like Show & AG's "Goodfellas" and Big L's "Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous". the Freestyle Professors, who released the album independely, need your support too so order this shit at www.freestyleprofessors.com and support that real hip-hop!!

9.25/10
    Yeah it's a dope album, but I wouldn't consider it a 9.25/10 album, it does get a little repetitive and personally I like their older material better.
    Last edited by crds; 01-08-2010 at 10:17 PM.

^ aight to each their own fam, i might be a little over-hyped since i just got this shit but this is exactly the type of hip-hop i've been fiending for.. even more so than what "Ob4clII" brought to the table actually, altho Rae-Rae is a better MC than either of these MC's. this got the sound of a classic record to me, mos def.

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    ^ aight to each their own fam, i might be a little over-hyped since i just got this shit but this is exactly the type of hip-hop i've been fiending for.. even more so than what "Ob4clII" brought to the table actually, altho Rae-Rae is a better MC than either of these MC's. this got the sound of a classic record to me, mos def.
    That's all good man, I'm glad you rate it and enjoy it a lot.

Its not very often i do this, in fact rarely ever, but im right up there with Claaa7 and im gonna give this a 9.2 or 9.5 outta 10. Although it could be coz i just got this album and im over hyping it a little, but i this is absolutly amazing.

From the beats to the rhymes, to the socially concious lyrics, to brag rap, to women this is almost flawless. Branesparker is amazing on the boards and they got help from the D.I.T.C producers. Finesse comes up with a true banger where he spits the hook, was dissapointed he didnt drop a verse but it was great to hear the legend on the mic at all. The beat from "Confuse a Few" is one of my favourite Finesse beat in quite some time, but imo Diamond D's beat for "Think About It" is not only one of the best on the album, but one of the best Diamond has produced in quite some. And the lyrics are second to none, this track NEEDS to be heard. In fact the whole ALBUM needs to be heard.

Please go support these guys. This is real underground hip-hop, with a huge nod to the glory days of the 90's, but yet it sounds 100% modern and never sounds dated. Freestyle Records have given hip-hop fans a lot of gems latley, with the Showbiz & AG limited vinyl and the 100X unreleased album, but this may be the pick of the bunch.

Not one song is out of place, truly raw brilliant hip-hop that im going to be bumping for a long time. Check this shit the fuck out.
    Last edited by Durag; 06-07-2010 at 01:14 PM.