• 2: Boring

1 50.00%
  • 1: Waccadoccious

0 0%

Thread: M.O.P. - "Ghetto Warfare"

Default M.O.P. - "Ghetto Warfare"

01. Intro
    02. Welcome Back (ft. Tephlon)
    03. Roc La Familia (ft. Jay-z, Memphis Bleek & State Property)
    04. Instigator
    05. Interlude #1
    06. Fuck MOP
    07. Stomp Tha Shit Out Ya (ft. Capone-N-Noreaga)
    08. Interlude #2
    09. Fire
    10. Got To Go
    11. The Bottom
    12. Put It In The Air (ft. Jay-Z)
    13. What The Fuck?!
    14. Wanna Be G's
    15. Live From Ground Zero
    16. Take A Minute
    17. Muddy Watters
    18. G-Boy Stance (ft. Foxx)
    19. BKNY (ft. Heatmakerz)

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

finally got this album in the mail yesterday, i've been trying to get my hands on this one for a lil' while to complete my MOP discography (including "Handle Ur Bizness EP" and "Marxmen Cinema" 2xCD mixtape). this album was originally recorded between 2002-2004 for Roc-A-Fella Records but shit got shelved and the Posse eventually got the masters back and released it independently.

it's probably their weakest effort to date, or wait - i should say their least great effort to date cuz the shit is still banging! MOP never dissapoints with their releases, nothing but quality albums under their belt and this is no exception. "Ghetto Warfare" is great proof of Fame and Danze never selling out and changing their sound no matter what label they own; the only hint that they is on Roc-A-Fella is guestspots from Jay-Z, Beanie Sigel and Memphis Bleek. Especially Jigga works great with the ill Brownsvillians!

lyrics is as raw, furious, funny, emotional and gripping as always and if you're a fan of MOP you'll feel like coming back home as soon as the LP starts with the Teflon intro "Welcome Back"; which has Fizzy flipping the same beat that opened up their previous album 'Warriorz'. highlights include the soulful adrenaline shot that is "Instigator", a vintage mash-out chant-anthem laced by 9th Wonder. "Muddy Watters" is a dedication to fallen soldiers and a message to keep striving, Tommy Tee brings out raw emotions out of both Fame and Danze with a crazy beat. Many times i feel that MOP is at their best when they get in this zone. "Stomp The Shit Out Ya" is another hardcore anthem, featuring Capone-N-Noreaga over a beat that Wu-Tang fans will definitely recognize as 'The Monument'. the two duos definitely should work together more as they really build off eachother well.
    the only song i really can't vibe off here is "The Bottom", a reagge flavoured slow jam saluting their home of Brownsville. it's an aight track but it feels a bit out of their lane. the second interlude is quite annoying too but not much to whine about really.

the biggest dissapointment is the lack of DJ Premier involvement; there is no production credits on here and i'm thinking he might have laced "Got To Go" (as well as the mix of 'Instigator') but on the 3 previous joints he had 5-6 beats on each LP so we as fans definitely became spoiled by that combination. still, MOP can definitely hold their own with or without Premier so if you haven't peeped this yet then download right NOW or cop if you manage to find it!

rounded up to 4/5
    Last edited by claaa7; 01-09-2010 at 09:24 AM.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

-

I didn't like this album because of the beats. There was about maybe 2-3 songs i liked.

^^ lol damn Charles, i'm suprised :P

-

Why are you surprised? You've never heard me diss a M.O.P. album before? I didn't like their Marxmen Cinema mixtape either.

lol nah i was being ironic because of your comments about the album being bad because of the beats.

-

I haven't liked a M.O.P. album since Warriorz. I do like their 187 and Broad Daylight songs and videos from Street Certified ep.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.