Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I Do Agree With Allen Iverson And Some Other NBA Players That...........

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

that's too much like fascism, if u ask me. it's too strict. i don't agree they should wear a suit before they come to the game, maybe just normal clothes...but where is the line between 'normal' clothing and hiphop clothing, for an example?
    bring back begongo!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clan Destine View Post
    Yes I understand that Stern was a consensus pick of the owners but this where the analogies to a typical job are poor. Its not like the guy who pays you in your job has to listen the ideas of a league commissioner type who doesn't pay you salary directly and is paid by the owners just like you.

if you work for a corporation, the owners (shareholders) choose the CEO and board of directors who make the rules for the company. if i own 1 share of stock in walmart, i can't go in telling everyone that they don't have to wear their blue vests anymore. it's up to the people in charge to make the rules.

when i played basketball in junior high, i had to dress up for away games. we didn't have to wear a suit and tie, but i think we had to wear khaki pants and a collared shirt. in high school when i played ice hockey, same thing, we had to dress up a little.

Good rule, but Stern's a prick.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    that's too much like fascism, if u ask me. it's too strict. i don't agree they should wear a suit before they come to the game, maybe just normal clothes...but where is the line between 'normal' clothing and hiphop clothing, for an example?
    LOL..fascism??? these dudes are multi fucking millionaires. Pleases stop with the overreactions.

The line is simple. No denim, u must have a collar on ur shirt, its got to be button up, etc. I'm sure they have a guidline for it.

LOL@ people trying to act like there is not a difference or 'where is the line' between casual attire and formal attire.

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    LOL..fascism??? these dudes are multi fucking millionaires. Pleases stop with the overreactions.

The line is simple. No denim, u must have a collar on ur shirt, its got to be button up, etc. I'm sure they have a guidline for it.

LOL@ people trying to act like there is not a difference or 'where is the line' between casual attire and formal attire.
    Word.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

ionno, it's just...I understand the problem, but it's still weird
    bring back begongo!!

Fuck Sterns lying ass and fuck the NBA.

I can't help it, I'm from Seattle.

Banned

yea i miss the supersonics...Great name and logo

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    yea i miss the supersonics...Great name and logo
    I miss them too. A lot of good memories going to Supersonics games. Now that it is 2010, Seattle's idiotic government has let the money that they bargined for by letting them go to OKC, pass by them.

-

I heard that Seattle might be getting a team again. I hope it happens sometime soon. I don't think they should've left Seattle. Gary Payton is trying to get a team back to Seattle. I hear what ya'll are saying about the NBA's dress code being enforced by David Stern but i don't like it. Forcing these guys to wear businesslike clothes to the games before they play isn't gonna make these guys change who they are and i think David is trying to make them change their personalities and that's not gonna happen.

I think they should make certain teams wear the short shorts again during games.

Banned

i bet you would. so which guys do you want to see wearing short shorts?

its a stupid and pointless rule that doesnt address the real problem at all. the NBA's problem is the actions of their players, not their attire. the players are not part of corperate america. the owners and GMs are but not the players. they go into a smelly locker room and then go out on the court and play a game. they're not in an office setting or having board meetings with corporate executives.

but hey, when you're the boss you can make all the rules you want, no matter how pointless and stupid. fair enough, just dont try and tell me its good for the league.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Banned

ok, MLB... the manager has to wear a uniform or he is not allowed on the field (how does this affect the game?)

NBA... Coaches and assistant coaches must wear a sport coat or suit coat. (how does this affect the game?)

NFL... Players are issued a two-piece sock. One part is white, and the other part is the team color like blue for the Rams. If a player has only the white or only the blue showing, that's a violation.

The white sock, worn over the full-length stockings in team colors, must extend to the midpoint of the lower leg. Stockings must meet the pants below the knee.

how do socks affect the game???

Banned

should i have been using affect or effect? i always mix those up