View Poll Results: What would you preffer?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lebron James (Solo)

3 37.50%
  • Dwayne Wade & Chris Bosh

4 50.00%
  • Another Combination of free agents

1 12.50%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Knicks Fans... or just NBA fans in General...

Question Knicks Fans... or just NBA fans in General...

So after the season is over Lebron James is a free agent, and is expected to sign the richest contract in NBA history...

Not only is Lebron a free agent, so is Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh... of course a long with other real talented cats like Joe Johnson.

My question is...

Assuming that New York has the most money to offer (which is probably a well known fact) would you rather take Lebron James and be satisfied or would you instead take Wade and Bosh if the chance comes??

Honestly I rather have both Wade and Bosh in my team over only having Lebron, I bring this up because my friends and I were having this discussion the other day, and I find it bizzare that they preffer to just have Lebron in the team over having both Bosh and Wade...

Whats your take?

-Lebron James (Solo)
    -Dwayne Wade & Chris Bosh
    -Another combination of Free agents (If you pick this one, which one will they be?)

Banned

You have no idea about the NBA do you???

This isnt baseball were the Yankees can just buy everyone, there is a salary cap.

The Cavs can offer more money and years than anyone else.

He will not be a Knick.....part of this thread I agree with...

The Knicks should focus on other free agents.

But to think they will land Bosh AND Wade is also ridiculous.

I dont see Wade leaving unless he goes back to Chicago, his home.

Expect the Knicks to get a second tier free agent....someone like Michael Redd. Its possible they could land Bosh but expect Bosh to get offers from alot of teams that are alot better than the Knicks.

I don't think Lebron is going to go anywhere. People say that he should go to a big market to make more money from sponsors, but being in Cleveland hasn't exactly held him back from making money. And Cleveland can offer him the most money. I think he stays with Cleveland. But if he goes anywhere I still think it should be with the Nets. Harris, James, and Lopez can make a nasty combo.

I think Wade is staying in Miami, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bosh joins him in Miami and they becamse Bryant/Gasol 2.0. Bosh is a shitty first option, but I think he can be a Pau Gasol like 2nd option.

Yes but at the same time, you have no idea how clean the knicks salary cap is dude. They let go all the cats that were making big money... bobody in that team right now is making more than 1.5 million. Trust me they got the cap space... do your research first homie. Also, money talks man, and people love NY and would love to come play up here. Bron is coming to NY or the Brookly Nets... I am damn sure he isnt staying in Cleveland, especially if they dont win the Chip.

^NY can only offer him the max contract. It doesn't matter how much cap space they have.

Banned

Your from the bronx so of course your going to have a weird view of how sports works.

This is not baseball!!!!!

Your just another New Yorkers with pipe dreams.

Its great that you cleared the whole team...but the problem is you team is awful, the Knicks organization is awful.

LeBron has made it clear. Its not about anythign else but winning. And a great organization.

The Cavs have both. The Knicks have neither.

He is not toing to NY in the prime of his career to start over and be scrutinized and hounded by the NY media.

I would love to bet you money on the Knicks not getting LeBron or Wade.

you are thinking with your heart and hoping and praying too much.

Buying into that NY media hype machine

I woulnt say that they are that bad. They are a little above average this year... especially as of late...

They have some real promising players, but lack a true all star, and a point guard. I ve seen them almost win games against some of the best teams this year, but could not do it because there is no true scorer and finisher in that team. I think with either Wade or Bron the knicks will be more complete, and a true competitor.

And yes I am hoping.

Hopefully we can get get both Wade and Bosh, and turn this city back in to the basketball loving city it once was..

Veteran Member

I Voted Lebron By Himself But I Would Accept D.Wade And Bosh Or Truthfully Just D. Wade.

The Reason Why Is Lebron Is The Best Player In The Nba Period Fuck What Kobe Stans Say. He Would Instantly Make Them A Threat And They Build And Add Players To Help Make Them Way Better Then Clevelands Been Able To Do And Still Do It In His Prime.

My Concern With D.Wade And Bosh Is It Looks Like Wade Can Possibly Break Down And Bosh Is Just Soft If He Were To Come In And Play Like He Did In The Olympics With A Lot Of Hustle And Energy And Never Gave Up On A Play I Would Be More Intrested But In Nba Games It Doesnt Look Like He Gives It His All. But Them Together Would Be One Of The Best 1 2 Punches In The Game So I Would Take It And Be Happy. But For This To Happen I Still Think Jefferies Or Curry Has To Be Traded So Will See If That Happens.

Any Other Pick Up I'm Not Intrested In At All Bosh By Himself Or Him And Joe Johnson Or Stodamire And Johnson I'm Not Intrested I Rather Just Work With The Talent The Knicks Have Chandler And Gallanari And Give Hill And Douglas Time To See What they Have And Draft Well And Build A Team That Way And Then When Your A Solid Enough You Can Pick And Choose A Couple Of Free Agents To Put You Over The Top. This Will Take Time But I've Waited This Long I Can Wait Longer For Them To Put A Solid Team On The Court.
    Wherever I go, my crew, is true to swarm
    Got stripes in New York like Yankee uniforms-Biggie

Come on Nicky

LOL.

I mean regardless if its him or not, I think the knicks have enough talent in their squad to be Chip contenders, they just need 2 more pieces to the puzzle.

Starvin' individuals kill Tommy's Avatar

I can't see Lebron leaving, but if he DID, I'd hope he'd go to the Knicks rather than have the package of Wade and Bosh.

Banned

LeBron's a front runner when it comes to pro sports. He grew up a Cowboys and Jordan fan.

But the important one, OHIO STATE, is all that matters.

He is a Buckeye thru and thru.

ANd as far as the Knicks being contenders....

Lets be realistic...they have a LONG way to go before they are PLAYOFF contenders.....serious ones.

They play no defense have no inside game, no discipline.....D'Antoni's system masks alot of their flaws, but his system is also not conducive to winning championships.
    Thats why Phoenix dumped him.

And the Nets??? Come on man, they are awful.

New Yorkers are being very unrealistic about this whole situation.

for this thread, i'd take wade n bosh over lebron... im not a knicks fan but if they was given the opportunity outta these then that's who id pick.

but this is fantasy.

Irondan 2: Curly's Gold Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 12weLvE View Post
    Yes but at the same time, you have no idea how clean the knicks salary cap is dude. They let go all the cats that were making big money... bobody in that team right now is making more than 1.5 million. Trust me they got the cap space... do your research first homie. Also, money talks man, and people love NY and would love to come play up here. Bron is coming to NY or the Brookly Nets... I am damn sure he isnt staying in Cleveland, especially if they dont win the Chip.
    You all have Jared Jeffries AND Eddie Curry's contracts on the book for next year.

EVERYBODY on that team makes more than 1.5 million

Regardless, Cleveland can offer him slightly more money in salary because of the salary cap restructuring, but he would make the most money in a bigger market.

I think lebron is going to choose the team that he feels gives him the best chance to win a championship.

But I don't know who that could be.

If the knicks could some how shed curry AND jeffries, they could have Wade, Bosh AND LeBron, but that isn't going to happen.
    --youreallfags.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.

Veteran Member

I Feel Like This Has Been The Most In Depth Disscused Topic In The Sports Zone For A Year Or So Now. Theres Been Many Moves In Baseball, Hall Of Fame Inductees And Snubs, Olympics Coming Up In 30 Days Or So, NFL Playoffs, And Even Though I Dont Care National Championship In College Football Yet It Comes Back To NickyTooch Defending Lebron Staying In Cleveland And Knicks Fans Saying He Coming To the Knicks Even Though The Thread Is Who Would You Rather Have, And Not About Who They Are Getting.

Lets Leave This Argument Behind Right Here With This Post Lebron Would Like Nothing More Then To Come Play For New York But Cleveland Is Going To Hand Cuff Him Into Playing For Them. If He Leaves After They Were Able To Give Him More Money And Go Deeper In The Playoffs Yet He Still Goes To The Knicks He Will Look Horrible To Everyone Outside Of New York Which Is Why He Against His Will Sign With Cleveland.
    Wherever I go, my crew, is true to swarm
    Got stripes in New York like Yankee uniforms-Biggie

Irondan 2: Curly's Gold Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster's Avatar

^^^Thats a fucking dumb assessment. Wutang fans don't know shit about sports. Also, quit capitalizing every word. I'm never reading any of your posts again.
    --youreallfags.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.