View Poll Results: What would you preffer?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lebron James (Solo)

3 37.50%
  • Dwayne Wade & Chris Bosh

4 50.00%
  • Another Combination of free agents

1 12.50%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Knicks Fans... or just NBA fans in General...

Banned

LeBron does not need NY....thats all im saying.

He will be huge no matter where he goes.

New Yorkers boo their own team and cheer Lebron.....they aren't good fans. I would hate to see his career wasted in a disfunctional Knicks organization.

Even if i am biased toward Cleveland, pretty much every negative i say about NY basketball is true.

its an absolute joke right now.

They recently did a rankig of the top organizations in sports in terms of not only success and financial gain but front office efficiency.

The Cavs ranked 4th.

I think the Knicks were close to dead last and this included all 4 of the major American sports.

Its not even that the Knicks suck as a team, altho thats a factor, its that they are run by inept people and it has been this way for some time.

Then look at Dan Gilbert, owner of the Cavs wh built a state of the Art practice facility that is sickenening its so luxurious.

I'd be personally SHOCKED if he left.

Trust me things aint lookin up in NY cuz they are not going to get Dwayne Wade either, and probably not even Bosh.

Banned

toochski, is this the rankings you were talking about??

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/teamrankings#table

yes, the cavs are ranked #5 now, but if you notice the year before lebron got there, the team was ranked #109

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    basketball is the only team sport where if you have 1 great player, you are already half way to winning a championship. look at michael jordan and the bulls. the rest of the team were bums. as soon as he retired, scotty pippen became just another player.

and toochski, come on. i thought you followed sports. how many times have you heard somebody say, it's not about the money, then they sign with a shitty team for more money? everyone that voted for you for best sports poster, should change their vote now.
    Do you even watch Basketball? Jordan never won anything until he had Pippen

The Bulls made it to the ECF and won 50+ games when Jordan retired the 1st time.

Banned

That was before Dan Gilbert bought the team and Danny Ferry was GM.....LeBron no doubt helped but they got a good owner with deep pockets. He is like Cuban only less intrusive.
    The whole organization underwent a makeover and its now top notch.

Its why he is not going to leave to start over from scratch.

Trust me, if anyone knows this stuff its me. If you listen to any interview about ths stuff WINNING and being in a good organization is most important. It ultimately comes down to basketball not money.

Which, again, is why he will stay. They have cap room next year too for another free agent.

Banned

toochski, you ohioans, are all the same. before the pitt-cincinnati game, i was talking to some bearcat fans. they swore up and down that brian kelly was going to remain their head coach instead of going to notre dame. they were saying the same things you are.

brian kelly and lebron james have a lot in common...

• both are/were with shitty organizations
    • both in demand by the best of the best organizations
    • neither would commit to their current team

if lebron really wanted to stay in cleveland, why doesn't he say that? and before you say contract negotiations, realize he isn't saying that he hopes to stay in cleveland. saying that he wants to play for a great organization is about as vague as you can get.

Banned

totally different situation. keep grasping arthur

Irondan 2: Curly's Gold Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster's Avatar

The Knicks also have an owner with deep pockets and they have a real solid gm and head coach. once they can shed 2 bad contracts, they are in great position.

Do you really think MIke Brown is a good coach, TOoch?

Are they really surrounding him with a solid supporting cast?

Again, I don't know if he's goind to stay or leave, but I can't see how you'd be surprised if he left.
    --youreallfags.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SPIRITdANIMAL View Post
    The Knicks also have an owner with deep pockets and they have a real solid gm and head coach. once they can shed 2 bad contracts, they are in great position.

Do you really think MIke Brown is a good coach, TOoch?

Are they really surrounding him with a solid supporting cast?

Again, I don't know if he's goind to stay or leave, but I can't see how you'd be surprised if he left.
    The knicks are owned by the fucking Dolans who also own the cleveland indians....they are TERRIBLE owners.

Mike Brown was coach of the year and he has won championships and molded his team under the tutalige<sp> of Popovich and San Antonio. They won 66 games last year, made the Finals in another year they had no business making.

They have a deep team this year, and its looking more and more like they will be adding Jamison.

I can't see how any NBA fan outside of a knick fan would want to see him in NY. Do u realize how annoying that would be?

On top of that, I dont see what the draw is. New York has nothing on that roster. NO draft picks...nothing, they are dropping everyone.

Nobody has convinced me with a decent arguement for why going to NY would be a good basketball move for LeBron as far as being in conttention to win a championship NOW.

That team is so far away from knowing how to win big games....im a little disapointed in a few of you cuz i thought u knew ur bball alittle better.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rode Block View Post
    Do you even watch Basketball? Jordan never won anything until he had Pippen

The Bulls made it to the ECF and won 50+ games when Jordan retired the 1st time.

lol, so it was scotty pippen and not michael jordan that was responsbile for those 6 championships?

Banned

it was both you nitwit.....they dont win 6 without both.

Banned

personally i think luc longley was the superstar on that team. without him, you wouldn't even know michael jordan's name

Banned

nah, longley wasnt even t he best center on the team.

Bill Wennington would dunk on you and then knock down a ten footer in your eye

Banned

hey toochski, will you kill yourself for real this time when lebron heads to nyc and the cavs relocate and become the pittsburgh condors?

Irondan 2: Curly's Gold Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    The knicks are owned by the fucking Dolans who also own the cleveland indians....they are TERRIBLE owners.

If an owner puts in a good GM and head coach and is willing to spend money, then they don't have to be geniuses for a team to be successful

Mike Brown was coach of the year and he has won championships and molded his team under the tutalige<sp> of Popovich and San Antonio. They won 66 games last year, made the Finals in another year they had no business making them

I don't think it takes a great coach to win a bunch of games with lebron james in the eastern conference and then choke in the playoffs. I also think brown makes some really quesitonable decisions as far as plays and rotations, especially in the playoffs.

Shaq was a swing and a miss too.

They have a deep team this year, and its looking more and more like they will be adding Jamison.

I can't see how any NBA fan outside of a knick fan would want to see him in NY. Do u realize how annoying that would be?

I don't care where he goes, and Im not saying he's definitely going to leave cleveland at all. I jus don't see how you can say the chances are negligible

On top of that, I dont see what the draw is. New York has nothing on that roster. NO draft picks...nothing, they are dropping everyone.

The Knicks have expiring contracts and a couple of trade assets. As copnstructed, they aren't great, but with a little luck, they could become instant contenders.

Nobody has convinced me with a decent arguement for why going to NY would be a good basketball move for LeBron as far as being in conttention to win a championship NOW.

That team is so far away from knowing how to win big games....im a little disapointed in a few of you cuz i thought u knew ur bball alittle better.

I don't know why, wu-tang fans don't know shit about sports

I don't think the knicks will be able to get rid of Jeffries AND Curry, and I think it will have to be not this summer but next before they are major players.

That being said, the draw of NY as a basketball destination is obvious, and I just don't think cleveland's organization is as great as you're making it out to be.

But of course, if they win hte championship...
    --youreallfags.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.

Banned

well Daniel, i think Shaq has been just what we needed.

a pyschical force down low defensively and a guy who still creates fouls and mismatches on offense.

An enforcer. He threw Rondo to the ground a few time in the opener. Plus in the half court dominated playoffs, he will be even better.

He just makes us deeper.

I think his chances of leaving are negligible because I just dont see a place out there where he can have as much success.
    The 'lure' of NY is overrated and not even a factor. LeBron has said its not.

Vandelay....if he leaves, i'll wish death upon him. they will kill him if he comes back. It will make Modell look like nothing.

If he leaves for New York??? I'll just laugh everytime i see footage of the twin towers falling.....it will make me feel better.