Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Why the Fluck is RZA Wasting time with Wu-Tang Latino!?!?!

Default Re: Why the Fluck is RZA Wasting time with Wu-Tang Latino!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by led_mic
    Robert Diggs is a very learned man he looks past race and language, he understands that there are other cultures out there that can express ideas more hardcore and mind-blowing than many can even imagine. Hip-Hop is constantly changing, it is now the Hipanics' turn to take the microphone and tell our story as long as you all are willing to listen, you will find wisdom in that, whether it is through Wu-Tang or not it is going to happen its a freight train...Our responsibility as Hispanic musicians if there are any out there is to save our culure from becoming the mainstream fad it may become, the latin artists getting light out there are clumsy with their microphone and do not understand the potential our culture has to make a great social impact. We must save our culture from becoming exploited, and Wu-Tang can actually do that or at least help out.
    nice speech but it aint that deep man, Rza is just trying to get paid.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

^^^Hahahaha too funny
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

nice speech but it aint that deep man, Rza is just trying to get paid
    If RZA were "just trying to get paid" he would be recording with 50 Cent and Adam Levine from Maroon 5. Instead he is working with the likes of R.A., and Sean Price on shit so raw that I dont think anyone except them can truly understand. It IS "that deep" and anyone who cant see that really shouldn't be listening to hip-hop to begin with. Its all about knowledge, wisdom and understanding at least REAL Hip-Hop is.
    The Price of my ice is sky high/Im a fly guy/
    Thats every thug's dream/I really love cream its in my bloodstream/

BIG L

what does wu-latino have to do with hiphop? its a reggaeton label thats gonna put out reggaeton artists.

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

If RZA were "just trying to get paid" he would be recording with 50 Cent and Adam Levine from Maroon 5. Instead he is working with the likes of R.A., and Sean Price on shit so raw that I dont think anyone except them can truly understand. It IS "that deep" and anyone who cant see that really shouldn't be listening to hip-hop to begin with. Its all about knowledge, wisdom and understanding at least REAL Hip-Hop is.
    What makes you think 50 gives a fuck about Rza? He can take a beat from a hobo and make it play regularly on MTV. He works with RA cuz thats all he can work with.
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

what does wu-latino have to do with hiphop? its reggaeton.
    Reggaeton as mainstream commercial trash is worthless it is just as bad, in fact worse than what is known as "Rap". What I'm talking about is a latin perspective on life through poetry and innovative beats. Hip-Hop is a place where you make your point of view known and most importantly listen to others. Hispanics are the largest growing minority, be it Puerto Ricans, Mexicans, or whetever. Hip-Hop is the expression of the minorities, think back to the 80's...we are forgetting where hip-hop came from but to understand where it is headed we must not try our hardest to remember. RZA understands this and if he is working with Underground legends and he knows where to find these artists, he will not limit something with so much potential to a mere "Reggaeton Label".

BIG L

my point:

wu-tang latino is not gonna be about conscious latino hiphop or hiphop at all. its going to be a reggaeton label with reggaeton artists.Rza isnt in this to uplift the hispanic community, Rza got into this genre to cash in. if you can find a way to get a positive message across while getting Rza paid, so be it.

edit: wu-tang meets in indie culture has NOTHING to do with his wu-latino venture. these things are being done for two different purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by wadeDyNaMiTe
    but really if you think about, how is this gonna be that successful? how many serious raggaeton fans do you think know the music and history of wu-tang and are faithful listeners to where they will be interested in reggaeton just cuz its wu? i dont see how slapping the wu logo on something is gonna get people to flock to wu-latino music. you're gonna abandon the genre where your fanbase is at(a very anemic fanbase at that) and go into a totally different genre where you have nothing and expect a wu brand that hardly anyone within that genre knows about to make you successful?

i think this is the path that wu i going in right now where they dont really give a shit about commercial success and are doing stuff to satisfy themselves. there is aboslutely nothing wrong with that at all, but its just seems that some cats in wu really think that doing this stuff is gonna put them back on top.
    Actually, WU was so big down in Puerto Rico that my graduating class painted WU logos on their windshields... And, LOL, Once WU was scheduled to have a concert in San Juan but they didn't make it cuz ODB was lost in Miami or some shit ,LOL... funny shit meng, niggas started rioting & shit...

l"C.A: Polophony entrances, sound guides your nemesis..."l

Quote Originally Posted by LordReveal
    Dont worry about my financial status, little nigga, I'm very well paid.
    Post you're bank account info to prove that you're paid then, if not then stfu & go to the back of the line cuz nobody gives a fuck corn ...

Quote Originally Posted by CydonianArtifact
    And, LOL, Once WU was scheduled to have a concert in San Juan but they didn't make it cuz ODB was lost in Miami or some shit
    that's mad funny, typical odb

Quote Originally Posted by CydonianArtifact
    Actually, WU was so big down in Puerto Rico that my graduating class painted WU logos on their windshields... And, LOL, Once WU was scheduled to have a concert in San Juan but they didn't make it cuz ODB was lost in Miami or some shit ,LOL... funny shit meng, niggas started rioting & shit...
    where were you guys when all these wu albums were going wood?

Personally I dont know why RZA does the shit he does, I am not RZA. What I do know is that he is an extremely intelligent individual who appreciates different points of view. RZA doesn't want to "cash in" on anything he wants to teach you different things, he is a teacher someone with knowledge that we should all strive to learn. And the lesson of the day is "Latin Issues". Do you know who RZA is? Just listen to his music!

BIG L

Personally I dont know why RZA does the shit he does, I am not RZA. What I do know is that he is an extremely intelligent individual who appreciates different points of view. RZA doesn't want to "cash in" on anything he wants to teach you different things, he is a teacher someone with knowledge that we should all strive to learn. And the lesson of the day is "Latin Issues". Do you know who RZA is? Just listen to his music!
    he might be a teacher but he isnt gonna be lecturing on wu-latino.

Quote Originally Posted by wadeDyNaMiTe
    where were you guys when all these wu albums were going wood?
    Well Ironflag,Tical 0 & pretty tony sold pretty good down here, but like MOST of the bandwagon WU fans, dudes hopped off. Same shit happened globally ...

I have a question to those of you who are criticizing wu latino & reggaeton.... Do you even know spanish?