Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Why the Fluck is RZA Wasting time with Wu-Tang Latino!?!?!

I agree, Reggeaton is NOT Latino hip hop. It is just like all that pop rap that is out now except its in Spanish.

There are real dope MC's out there that can rhyme and flow in castellano. One time on the WORLD FAMOUS wake up show, Sway played a track from these kids in Peru, I think they were called Pantera?, These cats were tight! Talkin bout poverty and revolutionary type shit.

IMO hip hop as it once was, a voice of the people, had the potential to bringg about awareness to the plight of the majority of people, that of being poor and all the hardships that follow,

BUT with hip hop dead, it will neva happen, unless we bring hip hop back!!

The song on the end of the Tony Tuch c.d., the first one, Is that hip hip, or Reageton?

becous this shit is hot
    went to the woods, spent time alone, meditated under a waterfall climb to the highest peak of the mountain; now I'm back, enlightened, fully trained, to be the greatest Jackass the Corp has ever seen. all hail Me, you fucking Skruds.

ehhhhhh @ wu latino in my opinion, i think rza shoulda just kept focus on da killa beez/wu elements, which is already a HUGE plate for him

i liked wu latino, me bein latino it wasn't meant for all Wu fans im guessing

Quote Originally Posted by Black Tye Chi View Post
    Someone? Why not focus on getting back the empire you created? I don't know about ya'll but I'm one Wu fan that's indifferent to this whole reggaeton fad and I don't see any need to start a latino division. La Rhumba was good, but not worthy of a whole label
    poor attempt to dip in the latin market i suppose

Quote Originally Posted by led_mic View Post
    I must disagree, there is a need for Wu-Latino the only problem is that all the Regaetton artists do not utilize the Spanish language correctly, they simply imitate and reflect the mainstream "rap" culture, i.e. money, bling blink, bitches et cetera. There are plenty of latin emcees and i mean real EMCEES out there that can offer complex rhymes with some actual content. It pisses me off that the mainstream regaetton artists are dehumanizing and exploiting their culture in that way. The Mexican man has much to bring out to light, much oppression, frustration and a whole new dimension of hip-hop. I agree that Wu-Tang may not be the vehicle that this Hip-Hop can utilize to come out to light but there is definetly potential there...
    werd , reggaeton is just a bad trend thatll die out or be restricted just to the club scene one day , theres so many talented latin emcees in the states and latin america that come out with actually substance in thier music , plus a good portion got mad luv for wu

and the only thing its good for is making chicks dance n degrade themselves
    Last edited by Nick Fury; 07-11-2007 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CydonianArtifact View Post
    This is where you're wrong. All El General did was reggae in spanish while reggaeton is reggae,salsa,hiphop & even Puerto Rican bomba & Plena. Ricans invented reggaeton pure & simple & to those asking why RZa's doing this,well, that's why he's paid & you're not ....
    reggaeton aint hip hop , it WAS hip hop influenced , now its commercial rap influenced
    Last edited by Nick Fury; 07-11-2007 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
    Reggaeton sucks... and i know spanish. I was born in Puerto Rico and have lived all my life in Puerto Rico. Spanish reggae was first made in Panama. There was this dance hall beat called dembow and the panama people started making spanish reggae but with different reggae beats then in Puerto Rico they started the same as panama, but now the only beat they use is the fucking dembow. They have been using that beat for more than 10 years. That shit is pathetic. Daddy Yankee is trash. I don't know why you are dissing that mexican cuz he doesn't like reggaeton, that has nothing to do with him being mexican cuz i have mexican friends who don't like reggaeton but have heard some PUERTO RICAN hip hop and they love it. In fact, i have a mexican friend who hates reggaeton, but also hates the commercial mexican rap, but he likes REAL Boricua Hip Hop.

Fuck reggaeton

mas claro no canta un gallo , fuck kakos

Quote Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
    Real puerto rican hip hop artists:

Siete Nueve
    Luis Diaz
    Tek One
    E.A. Flow
    A-Gen-T29
    Coo-Kee ( he produced beats for tego but those where hip hop beats)
    L.I.D.E

and much more..... Puerto Rico has a great hip hop scene!!!!
    and its still growing in pr and all of latin america

Quote Originally Posted by Big Risk View Post
    Why the fuck do you care so much? Props to Rza to giving REAL Latino emcees a chance to spread their word. You fuckin haters go right through me cause half of yall aint even spanish or speak it.
    thats the thing , reggaetoneros arent real emcees , some are rappers but they aint hip hop

The HighMindedLowLife SilvaFistz's Avatar

yeah reggeaton is not dat good imo, check these guys out they r better. they are called "cartel de santa" and they are from mexico

Well they aint doin shit now...

PRODIGAL SUN 2L8Lit da croatianMC's Avatar

i thin that the Wu-Latino emblem is shitty looking..
    I C.R.E.A.M

I agree....He's got too much things on this hand for this stuff.