Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Dre’s Detox Delayed Another Year

Default Dr. Dre’s Detox Delayed Another Year

Surprise surprise! Dr. Dre has told SLAM Magazine that Detox will be delayed another year. His excuse? He’s working on other artist’s albums. Really? Which ones? Bishop Lamont has been dropped from Aftermath along with all of the other artists who left. 50 Cent’s and Eminem’s albums get about 4 Dre beats each, if that. Maybe he’ll give a couple others to some other artists, but seriously, you’re telling me he is that busy that after all of these years he can not finish an album?

I think the real case is, and judging by his beats in 2009, that he’s lost his edge and knows nothing he will do will be as ground breaking as both The Chronic and 2001 were.

Don’t shoot the messenger.
    http://www.streethop.com/2010/01/new...-another-year/

C'mon, Dre! Quit laggin!

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

i stopped caring about detox around 2006......

i heard that the interview was done last year so that would mean this year

Keep firing, assholes! Mai Wang Tu Phat's Avatar

Yeah, it's supposed to be a hip-hop musical too, no thanks.

-

Dre is slow as shit doing his solo albums. I could care less about Detox ever coming out. That shit should've been out 7 years ago LOL. I remember he said on Still Dre song on Chronic 2001 album that niggas said Dre fell off and he said how nigga, my last album was The Chronic. The Chronic was out 7 years ago before Chronic 2001 came out. So that's why niggas said he fell off. It shouldn't take a rapper 7 or 10 years to come out with another album since the last album hahahahahahahahaha.

Keep firing, assholes! Mai Wang Tu Phat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Dre is slow as shit doing his solo albums. I could care less about Detox ever coming out. That shit should've been out 7 years ago LOL. I remember he said on Still Dre song on Chronic 2001 album that niggas said Dre fell off and he said how nigga, my last album was The Chronic. The Chronic was out 7 years ago before Chronic 2001 came out. So that's why niggas said he fell off. It shouldn't take a rapper 7 or 10 years to come out with another album since the last album hahahahahahahahaha.
    Whould you rather that, or have him come out with a one every year or two years but most of em not that great? Both of his albums were classics. Not many rappers can say every album they dropped was a classic. He's a producer anyways, and he his pretty old now.

-

There's been rappers that have done albums every year or every 2 years and the albums have been good. So that's just a excuse to me that he should take his time and not do a album every year or every 2 years. I know he's a producer but he's slow as shit putting out his own music. Doesn't it seem to be that there's a problem with him with the artists he works with because they seem to leave his label often? He couldn't do any songs for Rakim and Rakim left his label. Rappers need to stop kissing his ass and thinking that they need to go to him for beats when they need a hot song.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Dre delays his album yet again...... while Madlib will be putting out one record every month this year.

Madlib >>>>>>>>>>>>> Dre
    IMO
    but i'm also not a club nigga.

Detox is a myth

I bet Detox is bangin when it finally drops. Dre knows what he's doin, ppl just gotta hate cuz that's what they do.

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

ur the reaon dre keeps pushin the album back^

Banned

i remember a bunch of people on this site saying they didn't care about Cuban linx 2 anymore after it kept getting delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by ALCATRAZ View Post
    ur the reaon dre keeps pushin the album back^
    explain

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

dre understands that people like yourself will continue to suck on his nuts regardless of what he does ... he could comment tomorrow that "detox will not arrive until 2024" and you'll reply with "nigga it's bout to be over in 2024 watch it's finna be album of the year" ... case in point dre can shit on you (the fans) however he chooses and you will still be waiting hand over foot for an album that we will probably never even hear

it's the year two thousand and ten ... how long do you need to realize that dre is treating you like a bitch?

word? well, I ain't the worlds biggest Dre fan, it won't make a difference to me if he puts it out or if he doesn't, I wouldn't give a fuck.

besides, quit frontin like you even give a shit about this album, even if it does take til 2024, it ain't gonna effect u. I'm sure you'll just bump whatever shit music warcloud puts out and ignore detox anyway, even if he puts it out in a couple months.

Dre knows what he's doin and he's always been a perfectionist, I bet it the album will be slammin regardless of how long it takes, that's all I'm sayin.