Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dr. Dre’s Detox Delayed Another Year

Quote Originally Posted by ALCATRAZ View Post
    dre understands that people like yourself will continue to suck on his nuts regardless of what he does ... he could comment tomorrow that "detox will not arrive until 2024" and you'll reply with "nigga it's bout to be over in 2024 watch it's finna be album of the year" ... case in point dre can shit on you (the fans) however he chooses and you will still be waiting hand over foot for an album that we will probably never even hear

it's the year two thousand and ten ... how long do you need to realize that dre is treating you like a bitch?
    people like yourself will continue to suck on tupacs dick regardless of him being deceased and thus unable to do..anything

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

PPL still care for this album?
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    PPL still care for this album?
    lol

i entered this thread thinking the same thing

People will hate on detox anyway, the 10 year wait made people expect the greatest album off all time off any genre, it will be dope but it will not meet expectations by faaaaaar.

true, at this point detox could be a perfect album better than both chronics combined and still fall short of the hype. Dre really fucked this one up. Wasn't that beat on that Dr. Pepper commercial supposed to be a big breakthrough, but i guess not.

dre may be on the keyboard for the pic, but he sure isn't on the keyboard on his tracks... i don't blame him, but come on, be honest, give credits to the ghost instruments players (and producers).

SHAOLIN STUDENT

just going to point it out again
    Dre delayed another decade while we get a new Madlib record every month.
    to say the dude's irrelevant would be ridiculous, but he never releases anything.
    and when he does..... it's not bad by any means, but dre's more recent tracks whether that be on CL2 or Chronic 2001, is club shit. 2001 and his works after with 50 and em was all CLUB SHIT.
    it's not all that thought provoking of music.
    simple thumpin beats with a piano sample.
    dont get me wrong, when it comes to SOUND QUALITY dre is king. he's got the cleanest sounding beats by far..... but i personally prefer some raw shit with more of an artistic approach.

Personally I don't really want another solo album from him, I felt 2001 capped off his rap career really well.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by narc View Post
    people like yourself will continue to suck on tupacs dick regardless of him being deceased and thus unable to do..anything
    no one even knows you post here

you make comments n shit, but no one ever quotes them

you have opinions, but they are never acknowledged

you suck at life and you suck at innernets

Quote Originally Posted by DrBold241 View Post
    just going to point it out again
    Dre delayed another decade while we get a new Madlib record every month.
    to say the dude's irrelevant would be ridiculous, but he never releases anything.
    and when he does..... it's not bad by any means, but dre's more recent tracks whether that be on CL2 or Chronic 2001, is club shit. 2001 and his works after with 50 and em was all CLUB SHIT.
    it's not all that thought provoking of music.
    simple thumpin beats with a piano sample.
    dont get me wrong, when it comes to SOUND QUALITY dre is king. he's got the cleanest sounding beats by far..... but i personally prefer some raw shit with more of an artistic approach.
    agreed. and i might had, if dre is the king when it comes to sound quality, i guess dj quik is the emperor. and still, he manages to release more projects than dre. how strange...