Thread: Report: Freedom on the Decline (Really?)

Default Report: Freedom on the Decline (Really?)

According to Freedom House...

World saw declines in freedom in 2009, think tank finds

The unsolved murder of human rights activists in Russia. Their detention, torture and murder in Iran. Their jailing in China and Vietnam.

Attacks on journalists in the Philippines, Pakistan, Mexico and Somalia.

Coups in Africa and Central America.

All isolated incidents around the world that together made 2009 a grim milestone in world freedom, according to a United States think tank that tracks liberty around the globe.

Declines in freedom around the world outweighed gains last year, for the fourth year in a row, Freedom House says in its annual survey published Tuesday.

"This represents the longest continuous period of deterioration in the nearly 40-year history" of the report, writes this year's author, Arch Puddington.

Also,

A total of 89 countries were rated free in 2009. That's 46 percent of the 194 countries and territories in the survey, representing 46 percent of the world's population.

Source:
    http://m.cnn.com/primary/_y9HBcM-ijrfievlDw

So, to sum it up, their blatantly telling the you your (our) freedoms are being stripped away. Yet, it goes over the heads of many who sit mesmerized fixated wondering why Simon Cowell wouldn't be returning to American Idol next season. Wake up sheeple; we got bigger issues going on. We as people stand stronger than any dictating government. We got numbers. Almost 7 billion!!!

thats nothing new .......

Yeah I know, just venting my frustration on the population for allowing such operations run by cronies to take place while I was on vacation these last 28 years building a house on planet X. Hah, that's one looooooong sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by We Todd Did View Post
    I was on vacation these last 28 years building a house on planet X. Hah, that's one looooooong sentence.

kewl d00d