Thread: Tragedy on War Report 2

Default Tragedy on War Report 2

You know this makes my day...

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/162952 ... tory.jhtml

Capone-N-Noreaga are getting back to the grimy hip-hop of their 1997 classic, The War Report, on their upcoming new album, N.O.R.E. promised.

"We had the idea for the War Report [sequel]," Nore said via phone from Miami late last week. "We was actually calling it Report the War. We was gonna do all the songs [from The War Report] in a backwards order. Like call a song 'Money Blood' instead of 'Bloody Money.' Instead of 'Illegal Life,' we would do 'Life Illegal,' so on and so forth. It was gonna be everything but backwards. Then what happened was, as we started to record for The War Report 2, I didn't want to force it. I didn't want to force calling a record 'Money Blood' if it wasn't that. The sh-- started flowing. You don't go to the ocean and say, 'The waves is flowing this way, but I wanna try to force the waves to go this way.' You don't do that. So the way we was recording it, I was like, 'I can't mess with Mother Nature.' It's flowing perfectly. We went and got Imam Thug, a person from the original. We got Mussolini. Tragedy [Khadafi] is on the album. As you know, he's incarcerated. But we got a couple of verses, and he'll appear on the skits. Then we gonna get some new features. I ain't gonna say who, 'cause it should be a surprise."

Definitely expect Busta Rhymes, who is executive-producing the album (tentatively due April 20), as well as Raekwon, who's helping the Queens duo put out the project in partnership with his Ice H20 imprint.

"It was crazy, because I had a deal with the company [Raekwon is] dealing with," Nore said of EMI. "The crazy thing is, he heard about it. His brother K, Kareem, reached out to me and said, 'Why don't we do it as a team?' I was with it. But I said, 'If we gonna do it like that, we might as well bring it back full-circle, C-N-N. Not a Nore solo.' So right now, I'm not even recording Nore records. I got some big-time producers calling with beats, and I tell them, 'Not right now. I'm chilling.' I don't want to record a party record. I don't even want to be near a party. That's not what C-N-N represented. It represented the gutter. If the records could be played in a party, then good. But big-up Rae and the whole Ice Water. Mel, K, everybody. We gonna execute the plan."

Rae also appears on the track "Dutch Masters vs. Phillies," a debate over cigar brands. "I'm a Phillie guy; Rae is a Phillie guy too," Nore said. "I can't believe he was repping Dutch Masters.

"Rae set the platform for everybody to go back in and do their art," Nore continued, referencing the success of Only Built 4 Cuban Linx ... Pt. II. "Busta is going back in and doing his E.L.E. [2]. Fat Joe is doing Darkside. I don't think I ever been this focused in my whole career. I don't wanna f--- up the War Report legacy. I'm taking it too serious. I'm taking it real serious, because The War Report has its own following, its own legacy. I don't want to take anything away from that. I think we're making a helluva album. Maybe even better than The War Report. I know that's a lot to say, but wait until you hear it."

Capone-N-Noreaga's last LP, Channel 10, came out in the spring of last year. Since then, they've been recording and out on the road, touring by themselves and with Raekwon.

damn that's great to hear!! this album should be dope when looking at the guests, the executive producers and the inspiration.. imo CNN hasn't dropped a real quality album since their first but this could be it. props for posting!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

-

Tragedy Khadafi is locked up? What did he do? I'm not too thrilled about this War Report 2 album. I think it's gonna suck. Noreaga hasn't been a good rapper since the first CNN album hahahahahahahahahahaha. I'll continue to support Capone's solo albums but i'm not listening to anymore CNN albums because of Noreaga's wack rhymes. Busta Rhymes is executive producing the album? Please don't do it Busta hahahahahahaha. LOL@Busta is doing a sequel to Extinction Level Event album hahahahaha. It's gonna suck if it does come out.

Poet Of The Streets

Khadafi been locked up for like 3 years now. drugs.

Veteran Member

"Tragedy Khadafi is locked up? What did he do?"

Crack sales

-

I guess he wasn't making enough money from doing music. So he had to sell drugs huh? So sad. Has he ever heard of a job? Hahahahahahahaha.

Two-Five-Two Forever Shine...

It remains to be seen if this is going to work, but I gotta say I'm extremely happy with the effort here and the thought behind it. Getting Tragedy and Iman Thug on this, asking Raekwon for guidance (and following the blueprint of what he did on Cuban Linx 2), and getting (or trying to get back) to the essence of the original War Report, I cant help but to like what I'm hearing about this so far...

"I dont even want to be near a party... "

from what i heard is that he was using the crack and doing all types of ill shit.... but regardless can't wait to hear trag back with cnn that was soo ill back in the day.
    http://images.meez.com/user07/3/9/3/0/8/3/9/3930839_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Poet Of The Streets

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I guess he wasn't making enough money from doing music. So he had to sell drugs huh? So sad. Has he ever heard of a job? Hahahahahahahaha.
    The typical corner boy a lame but Khadafi no joke yo been thru some wild shit chek his documentary. He aint seem to be that "fit into society felon".

hows the first war report, i been sleepin on it, but ima def listen to the 2nd cuz rae got a hand in it, i always hear war report 1 is tragedys best album LOL

nice read, glad they opted outta the backward crap... not very original... tho TWR2 isnt either but i can dig a sequel.

TK's ill... i like the Busta production too.
    anticipating this album

Quote Originally Posted by Jasjit View Post
    hows the first war report, i been sleepin on it, but ima def listen to the 2nd cuz rae got a hand in it, i always hear war report 1 is tragedys best album LOL
    wow, don't sleep - the first "War Report" is a CLASSIC no doubt. if you like Wu-Tang, Mobb Deep and Kool G Rap you gonna fucking love that LP. i bumped that shit yesterday and there's no way in hell that the sequel gonna be better but it might still be ill.

Tragedy made a incredible LP in '93 when he was still Intelligent Hoodlum called "Saga of a Hoodlum" that you need to check ASAP.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!