Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pat robertson says haiti deserved it

Banned

i just can't believe in 2010 people still believe in a god. seriously, 500 years after proving the world wasn't flat, you would think people would come to the notion that there isn't an invisible man in the sky.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

yeah the modern personal god is dumb. its like i cant beleive when i see athletes pray to god to help them win sport event, like how dumb is that? and why would god prevent another person from winning something so that you can?

is that really how you think god would work? little personal favours because he happens to like you more than the next guy? please.

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey Bone View Post
    yeah the modern personal god is dumb. its like i cant beleive when i see athletes pray to god to help them win sport event, like how dumb is that? and why would god prevent another person from winning something so that you can?

is that really how you think god would work? little personal favours because he happens to like you more than the next guy? please.

never thought about it like this

i guess we are waking up

Banned

yeah, when kurt warner won the super bowl with the rams, he said it was because he prayed to god and was a good christian. does that mean he hasn't been a good christian the past 10 years? did goc like ben roethlisberger more than kurt warner last year? and what has ben roethlisberger done to fall out of favor with god this year? he didn't even make the playoffs.

instead of having the best athletes on your team, they should just draft the best christians. i bet mother teresa would have made a great left tackle if she were still alive.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    instead of having the best athletes on your team, they should just draft the best christians. i bet mother teresa would have made a great left tackle if she were still alive.
    lol

but asking god to take something away from someone else, who wants it just as much as you do, is just as good a person as you are, and may even be just as 'good' of a christian aswell, you expect god to make this happen.

what sort of god is that?

and why does god give a shit about you winning some sport event when theres over a billion people without good water to drink living in extreme poverty, why isnt god answering all their prayers? poor people are usually the most religious.

Banned

Diggy...

The Mamluk empire of egypt was basically an empire run by former slaves.

So your 'wikipedia' information was a bit scewed when it said, the 'only successful slave revolt in human history'......actually VERY skewed.

Banned

by the way, i had kurt warner on my fantasy football team this year and didn't even make the playoffs. although, maybe that has something to do with my team being named the Christ Punchers

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

i'm not too worried ... he's really old which means he'll probably be dead soon ... not that i'm wishing death on any man, but i can see that the deaths of those type of people can only mean good things for the younger generation

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    Diggy...

The Mamluk empire of egypt was basically an empire run by former slaves.

So your 'wikipedia' information was a bit scewed when it said, the 'only successful slave revolt in human history'......actually VERY skewed.
    Your Mamluk empire statement does not support your point.

Try again please.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

pat robertson just showed the world he's another michael savage that he's a stupid motherfucker

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

I don`t agree with pat robinson`s comments....I don`t like it when people use God and punishment as a reason for a tragic event...however saying that God does punish people and nations for there disobediance... but Im not sure he does that anymore now that Jesus has come....having said that God loves people and doesn`t take pleasure in hurting people ... I believe most of if not 99% of all natural disasters and problems that occure to humanity are caused by the devil.

peace be with you !

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

peace be with haiti

Check out Tumblr.com
    Last edited by Jammaj; 08-08-2010 at 04:00 PM. Reason: updating

what a fuckin idiot!