Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Perpetuated Ignorance

one has to understand the difference between information and knowledge (experience)
    many don't
    and that information (words) are symbols of knowledge, they aren't the real deal

Quote Originally Posted by Visionz View Post
    just understand that you come to your own understandings with a limited viewpoint, limited understanding of what's being presented and a very likely possibility of flawed interpretation.

None of which are limitations that God has to deal with and so that outlook will be different from your own. You only know what you've been told by someone else. How do you know what you've been told isn't a lie?

......."but the Bible says............"

exactly, you don't.

a lie believed to be truth will be presented as THE Truth by those that believed the lie. You talk so matter of factly "hell is eternal" when you got places that are hell here on earth that are surely temporary.

What you think you know and what you actually DO know are two different things.
    Dude I hate to be the one to inform you ..but the people who wrote the bible had direct contact with God....Im also sorry for you because the devil has blinded you to the truth and made you think you have found it in worldly knowledge....but here is what the bible says about people who think like you

If the Good News we preach is hidden behind a veil, it is hidden only from people who are perishing.Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

I will pray for you visionz

peace be with you !

Quote Originally Posted by prof zooruka View Post
    ..but the people who wrote the bible had direct contact with God....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    one has to understand the difference between information and knowledge (experience)
    many don't
    and that information (words) are symbols of knowledge, they aren't the real deal
    .but here is what the bible says about people who think like you
    many don't

^^^^

So mumm ra if im not mistaken you are saying that the bible is not knowledge just information right ??????

peace be with you !

I'm saying any written or spoken word is information & not knowledge
    did you personally witness god saying these things to people?
    No - then the best you have is hearsay
    this is why you (and not just you personally) will say they believe in god -
    to believe is to admit you don't know - you wouldn't say you believe you know what a tree is
    they read about him (symbols) and mistake those symbols for experience

you can read a million words about zebras - you would still conclude you only have information and not direct knowledge - even if those words are correct
    don't pass hearsay for knowledge
    peace
    Last edited by Mumm Ra; 01-20-2010 at 11:43 PM.

I'm saying any written or spoken word is information & not knowledge
    did you personally witness god saying these things to people?
    No - then the best you have is hearsay
    this is why you (and not just you personally) will say they believe in god -
    to believe is to admit you don't know - you wouldn't say you believe you know what a tree is
    they read about him (symbols) and mistake those symbols for experience

you can read a million words about zebras - you would still conclude you only have information and not direct knowledge - even if those words are correct
    don't pass hearsay for knowledge
    peace
    I beg to differ mumm ra........ One can obtain knowledge through information without experiance...for example take a doctor (your example) does he need to have experianced a person with cancer to have knowledge of the disease???? NO...he can recommend the best course of treatment based on his knowledge, which was obtained through information that he has recieved about the disease.... I mean what would be the point of universities and collages if people learn the information about subjects, but yet come to have no knowledge...then there years of study would be wasted,but thats not the case people come out with knowledge which enables them to go straight into there given profession and work efficiantly...without out having ever experianced a real life situation....because they have knowledge.

Having said that bible is knowledge of God...communicated through the information that is given...even though I may have never spoken to God personally, I can still have direct knowledge about him through what is written, to the point if I did meet God It would be like Ive known him a long time.

I think your getting experiance and knowledge mixed up.....one can have knowledge about anything they study, but actual experiance is somthing that must be obtained from real life encounters...

peace be with you !

Dude I hate to be the one to inform you ..but the people who wrote the bible had direct contact with God

....Im also sorry for you because the devil has blinded you to the truth and made you think you have found it in worldly knowledge....but here is what the bible says about people who think like you

If the Good News we preach is hidden behind a veil, it is hidden only from people who are perishing.Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

I will pray for you visionz

peace be with you !

You accept falsehood for truth to the point that you can not distinguish one from the other. You are not worthy to judge me even as you pass it on me.

What worldly knowledge is the inspiration for my thoughts?

What exactly is it that me and people like me are thinking?

Support the Real. Click HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Visionz View Post
    You accept falsehood for truth to the point that you can not distinguish one from the other. You are not worthy to judge me even as you pass it on me.

What worldly knowledge is the inspiration for my thoughts?

What exactly is it that me and people like me are thinking?
    My so called falsehood has proof to back it up..... JESUS !!!!!!!!!!

Also I could ask you , what qualifies you to call the bible falsehood...what because other worldly people have told you that and you want to fit in ???? or have you decided it for yourself and if so what brought you to that conclusion ?????? ... Look visionz Im all for questioning truths , but after I have seen enough of the facts I make my descion based on those facts...and I personally have seen enough evidance to prove Jesus is God and his message is Godly and truth.

peace be with you !

I beg to differ mumm ra........ One can obtain knowledge through information without experiance...for example take a doctor (your example) does he need to have experianced a person with cancer to have knowledge of the disease???? NO...
    YES
    and don't forget what I said about correct hearsay -
    he can have correct hearsay about the disease ..... without having knowledge (experience) of it
    he can recommend the best course of treatment based on his knowledge, which was obtained through information that he has recieved about the disease....
    he can't rightfully know that information is TRUTH until it is UTILIZED (experienced)
    you're telling me there is a 0% margin of error in that doctor knowing what is going to happen verses what the information tells him is going to happen?
    understand that it is a very thin line between info/ knowledge, but a line nonetheless
    also, with that being said - closed systems (instruction manuals/ mathematics/ changing a car tire, ect) can be learned through reading

but you are on to something totally different, especially by your example below -
    by your reasoning i should be able to read the Autobio of Malcolm X (good example cuz it wasn't written by him), and KNOW (no margin of error) that every single letter in every quote is correct
    that every event, view and thought of Malcolm's, as written by someone else, was exactly correct
    is this not illogical sounding to you?
    even if everything IS 100% on point, i don't have knowledge of him doing anything, i would just have correct hear-say

I mean what would be the point of universities and collages if people learn the information about subjects, but yet come to have no knowledge...then there years of study would be wasted,but thats not the case people come out with knowledge which enables them to go straight into there given profession and work efficiantly...without out having ever experianced a real life situation....because they have knowledge.
    you DO get a lot of first hand experience in college prof -
    besides, you're downplaying info - just because you're forced to memorize a bunch of info doesn't mean it's totally useless
    if your reasoning were the case, NOBODY would fail at their profession once they got outta college, because they would KNOW (no margin of error) exactly what had to be done

Having said that bible is knowledge of God...communicated through the information that is given...even though I may have never spoken to God personally, I can still have direct knowledge about him through what is written, to the point if I did meet God It would be like Ive known him a long time.
    let me set an example:
    imagine YOU are (Y) the BIBLE is (B) and GOD is (G)
    you are telling me you can have DIRECT knowledge (Y -----> G)
    by reading the bible (Y -----> B -----> G) (Y -----> G)
    your logic is fundamentally flawed, as B G, but rather is information (symbols/ words) of G

I think your getting experiance and knowledge mixed up.....one can have knowledge about anything they study, but actual experiance is somthing that must be obtained from real life encounters...
    i don't have anything mixed up - but you still have knowledge mixed up with information

Jesus isnt proof, he is a propenent of perpetuating a falsehood.

if Jesus is your proof, then Mohammed is Islams proof, Moses is Judaisms proof, to which Jesus would just be in the line of "proofs" and making Christianity nothing special compared to other world religions.

see what your close minded self fails to realize prof, is that because you believe one thing doesnt make it true to everyone, or everything. If as you say, i have true free will, then i can choose how i follow God, and he shouldnt have a problem with that, since wants us to choose.

There is NO proof that any religion is 100% true, and one man who has been words have altered to the extent that, the bible is the opinions of monks, scholars, secular rulers, and a corrupt Vatican. there is nothing true about the Bible on the subject of God.
    Last edited by THE MASON; 01-21-2010 at 01:02 PM.

My so called falsehood has proof to back it up..... JESUS !!!!!!!!!!

Also I could ask you , what qualifies you to call the bible falsehood...what because other worldly people have told you that and you want to fit in ???? or have you decided it for yourself and if so what brought you to that conclusion ?????? ... Look visionz Im all for questioning truths , but after I have seen enough of the facts I make my descion based on those facts...and I personally have seen enough evidance to prove Jesus is God and his message is Godly and truth.

peace be with you !
    notice how you're not answering any of my questions. Just want to point that out.

Second, I'm not calling the entire Bible a falsehood. You take it that way but that goes back to your own inclination to judge without knowing. (something you yourself should very vigilant against) But no, the falsehood comes from the doctine surrounding the bible. The doctrines that have turned christians into judgemental, holier-than-thous. The doctrines that justify bloodshed and torture, it's all falsehood. God's love is universal and his mercy beyond comprehension. If you go around pointing the finger so sure of what you know and what God thinks, beware and humble yourself for NONE surely know.

Jesus brought God's message but that message is God's alone. Jesus said so himself but the doctrine surrounding him has built him up to more than he ever claimed.

Support the Real. Click HERE

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Dude I hate to be the one to inform you ..but the people who wrote the bible had direct contact with God....
    How can you verify this?