Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Qi Gong

BuddaHazeMysteryDeepSpace pro.Graveface's Avatar

Im realy interested in tha Bagua , it looks healhty for mind, body and spirit
    Art of Graveyardpoetry
    http://www.reverbnation.com/c./a4/21...86/Artist/link
    http://www.myspace.com/mc-gravespace
    Mother Yin Father Yang are my GrandParents!
    Graveface is now Gravespace

Quote Originally Posted by Face of the Golden Falcon View Post
    PEACE Style...

I follow the healing sound techniques and organ toning techniques from the Shekhem's book:

Not as often as I should, but when I do... damn. It's like my spirit has been cleansed. I feel brand new.

HETEPU
    Yo Face. Peace. Is there any chance this book is available at Barnes N Noble?? Amazon? Or is it a site exclusive??
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

...born of a future war Face of the Golden Falcon's Avatar

^
    PEACE Urbz,

I think it is available on amazon.com but only through an associated seller, and was pretty expensive last time I looked.

HETEPU

Req Em Ab

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

a few months ago, I stumbled across the San Diego Asian Film Festival ( i was just goin to the movies to see "Where the Wild Things Are") and met some folks who i would later find out are world-renowned Qi experts...a husband and wife, both PhD's---the man an ex-kung fu movie stuntman who is one of the oldest living people in the world with the disease cystic fibrosis which he's been able to overcome thanks to Qi Gong. He walked across the entire United States in 1986 to promote Qi Gong and show what it's done for him.

His wife is a neuroscientist and also a fuckin Qi savant who can read your Qi flow and where your blockages are just from looking at you....(when i met them they were doing free Qi readings and telling people where their problems might be, they correctly diagnosed me at the time that i had some serious stress problems right around the time I abruptly left a MEGA stressful hellacious hell-hole job)..

so...

ever since i met them I've been attending their free monthly Qi gong classes and getting to know them better...and my energy level has completely changed, i don't fight with my girlfriend as much, i sleep better, have better digestion, and I'm playing better hockey..

but, contrary to the threadstarter's shown technique, the way we've learned is to always breathe in thru the nose and basically exhale down your throat into your own body.. It oxygenates the blood heavily and revitalizes you.

I'm still a beginner at it but i do it everyday and it definitely fuckin works....

PS: these folks have been at the Wu-dung mountains, been at the monastery, studied under Qi expert monks in other remote mountain monasteries in Taiwan.. and the guy is famous for having one of the largest kung fu movie collections in the world, no joke...i think it even says in that interview that he narrated some of the National Geographic shows about the Shaolin monks and shit....and he's currently a fight choreographer....some MEGA-cool people to meet completely randomly
    Last edited by the silencer; 01-26-2010 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban_Journalz View Post
    Yo Face. Peace. Is there any chance this book is available at Barnes N Noble?? Amazon? Or is it a site exclusive??
    Quote Originally Posted by Face of the Golden Falcon View Post
    ^
    PEACE Urbz,

I think it is available on amazon.com but only through an associated seller, and was pretty expensive last time I looked.

HETEPU
    you can find it on the Taui.biz website for only $15
    http://taui.biz/Products/277-tree-of-life-qi-gong.aspx
    Think I might pick it up as well....

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

i jus now learned how 2 breathe using my stomach instead of my chest... peep this realness, durin work i focus on breathin thru my stomach and i been burpin and fartin fuckin thirty thousand more times than before... this shit is serious business... the ac in the building always made me cold as fuck, now that i've corrected my breathing, i don't even think about the ac anymore... dont sleep my nigs, dont sleep

Im going to bump this because I used to do the 8 animal forms and stopped and I need to start doing it again. Furthermore there is much more knowledge to be picked up on in this thread. The book Falcon recommended looks truly ill. I need to cleanse my chakras much like I'm sure a lot of other ppl here ought to.

I bought that book shortly after falcon recommended it but haven't put it to use yet...

slackin

L~>1<~NKS

GOOD MORNING SHIT, not what I dump, but it helps that also.

i've a had a couple of injuries and this works great for recovery. Great for releasing lactic acid.

can't do it too often, your muscles will atrophy.

yeah Im on this for a cople of monthz now , even mantraz work good to calm the mind , the perfect breath is silent , I do 4 of 8 brocadez of silk, then Diamond mudra, Shiva mudra/mimic balance stances, and basic punches and kickz, finger push ups fist/clap pushupz and finger/knockle hits on a iron pole, gotta role with the seasons!!! in this summer Im pickin up on 11 movements of Quan Yin Qi Gong, did it cople times , its heavy but mad convinient.
    Art of Graveyardpoetry

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

I have asthma,

any tips to get my kung-fu game up?

PEACE

^^ 8 brocades of silk is cool to begin with ! it will cure your astma just find a good instructor or a video that makes u feel confident to do easy!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0Z2Np_yhTI
    Art of Graveyardpoetry

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pro.Graveface View Post
    ^^ 8 brocades of silk is cool to begin with ! it will cure your astma just find a good instructor or a video that makes u feel confident to do easy!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0Z2Np_yhTI
    No instructors around here, i'll check out the video later and:

8 brocades of silk? i'll look into it. Thanks

im mos def gonna purchase that book face suggest when i get the chance

i practise Tai Chi but not as often as i should, never got into the forms of Qi Gong but i would like to find a good teacher for any of these methods of meditation.

currently i practise the Zen buddhist tradition of zazen (again not as regularly as i should) but for those who want peace of mind and to help breathe correctly i suggest lookin into it.

i suggest that people who enjoy tai chi or qi gong look into practising zazen as imo , its more focused on the mind and soul, which is followed by the body. breathing and posture are two things i have improved which as lead to other benefits