Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Beastie Boys

there was a lot of cats in the mid/late 70s that could claim to be "pioneers"
    the scene was blossoming, it was still underground, but it was evolving quickly, i dont think anyone is the "originator" of all this music, although Cold Crush Bros are closest
    also 3rd Bass are the best white rap group and best white rappers by a mile
    yall talkin bout the beasties? and now snow?!
    snow wasnt even a proper rapper, he was on some reggae type shit!
    ive decided that i change my mind, beasties arent hip hop, because theyre too shit

Cool Rapture

The first rap to hit the mainstream with a huge hit and worldwide appeal and really made others see its potential was a simple but effective rape on a Blondie track called rapture which was an experiment for her but not for the other acts that started to appear daily after Raptures release. I wouldnt even class it as a rap tune but the rap she use's half way through it opened alot of creative minds.
    Check it out. For me it was rapers delight. I still love that tune after all these years.
    Hip hop has never been my main thing unless its something exceptional but it has always been around me. WT and Method man have achieved the impossible and won me over.
    Hey fella's. Can any one give me a list of O D B'S videos ? I'm not sure how many he done. I have Brooklyn zoo and shimmy shimmy which i love to watch and hear. Pure entertainment. I was looking forward to him making many more until i heard the bad news. So now i will get whats available.

Hey mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    can we at least agree that this thread should be moved to the Hip-Hop forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by tekunique View Post
    MODS, please move this thread to the Hip Hop section. Thanx.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Actually your right. I have just listened to Informer. Its not rap. But i still like it.

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizzard View Post
    Word

You don't know shit.
    I know for a fact that you are a fucking moron. I start the thread, drop knowledge about em, and you spend your time being annoyed that you have to click "Sound Shack" instead of "Hip-Hop" forum. You should probably start up a couple new threads in Hip-Hop about B-Boys then and get the fuck outta this one you fuckin crybaby.

Quote Originally Posted by benzo View Post
    I know for a fact that you are a fucking moron. I start the thread, drop knowledge about em, and you spend your time being annoyed that you have to click "Sound Shack" instead of "Hip-Hop" forum. You should probably start up a couple new threads in Hip-Hop about B-Boys then and get the fuck outta this one you fuckin crybaby.
    i didnt realize YOU were the one who made the thread. since you made it, you have the right to put it whereever you want. but let me ask you, what made you throw it up on the sound shack ? by reading your post, you claim they are pioneers etc. then you should def. know beasties are hip hop, whatevers man im just pickin your brain, and btw, i was at the final concert of their last tour @ MSG NYC. peace.

Wu Vatican

Tekunique-what's up man? i have been defending them on my beleif that they are indeed true hip-hop. the reason i put it here though is that, as i stated earlier, they don't do JUST hip-hop. they have been blending styles and innovating outside of the hip-hop realm but IMO, that doesn't take away from their hip-hop credibility. It's too bad the thread turned into a Hip-hop VS non hip-hop issue cause that wasn't the point. go back and read some of the posts I made earlier. my intention was to spark appreciation for these dudes who've made alot of great music, including some classic, real hip-hop. I saw em in Dallas and it was incredible! Peace-

the reason i put it here though is that, as i stated earlier, they don't do JUST hip-hop. they have been blending styles and innovating outside of the hip-hop realm but IMO, that doesn't take away from their hip-hop credibility.
    now i see your intention, and your statement is indeed true. thanx clearin shit up, peace.

Stephen Strange _ZZ_ The Wizzard's Avatar

It's not i'm annoyed about clicking one as opposed to the other, it's more about giving credit and the message, to me, is fucked up when they are in sound shack.

then all this shit came to be an argument about wheater they are hip-hop or not. But I read and you've cleared things up for me. The deal is they have tripped with different styles but in the end they are still hip-hop and when I say "you don't know shit" I'll say I was wrong, i'm just a music nerd with nothin better to do than get stoned and argue on the internet.

peace.

-

Beastie Boys suck. Only album i like by them is Licensed To Ill. I remember when they performed She's On It song in Krush Groove movie, they got booed LOL.

Wu Vatican

All good Wizzard. It's more fun to build and learn than argue so you should find yourself having a great time here! Peace-

Quote Originally Posted by mashupcreation View Post
    The first rap to hit the mainstream with a huge hit and worldwide appeal and really made others see its potential was a simple but effective rape on a Blondie track called rapture which was an experiment for her but not for the other acts that started to appear daily after Raptures release. I wouldnt even class it as a rap tune but the rap she use's half way through it opened alot of creative minds.
    Check it out.
    Fab Five Freddie told me everybody's high
    DJ's spinnin' are savin' my mind
    Flash is fast, Flash is cool [Grandmaster Flash..]
    Francois sez fas, Flashe' no do
    And you don't stop, sure shot
    Go out to the parking lot
    And you get in your car and you drive real far
    And you drive all night and then you see a light
    And it comes right down and lands on the ground
    And out comes a man from Mars
    And you try to run but he's got a gun
    And he shoots you dead and he eats your head
    And then you're in the man from Mars
    You go out at night, eatin' cars
    You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too
    Mercurys and Subarus
    And you don't stop, you keep on eatin' cars
    Then, when there's no more cars
    You go out at night and eat up bars where the people meet
    Face to face, dance cheek to cheek
    One to one, man to man
    Dance toe to toe
    Don't move to slow, 'cause the man from Mars
    Is through with cars, he's eatin' bars
    Yeah, wall to wall, door to door, hall to hall
    He's gonna eat 'em all
    Rapture, be pure
    Take a tour, through the sewer
    Don't strain your brain, paint a train
    You'll be singin' in the rain
    I said don't stop, do punk rock

Well now you see what you wanna be
    Just have your party on TV
    'Cause the man from Mars won't eat up bars when the TV's on
    And now he's gone back up to space
    Where he won't have a hassle with the human race
    And you hip-hop, and you don't stop
    Just blast off, sure shot
    'Cause the man from Mars stopped eatin' cars and eatin' bars
    And now he only eats guitars, get up!

this shit came out like in 76/77.. word.

Quote Originally Posted by mashupcreation View Post
    Fight for your right to party and no sleep till brooklyn still get blasted loud. Usually while im driving. Those 2 tunes never fail to put a smile on my face. I am surprised they done a tour and are still together. So they were good ?
    Did u know the video for no sleep till brooklyn got voted the worst video ever made.
    While we are down memory i want to advise the younger generation to pretend vanilla ice didnt happen and to look up and acknoledge Snow.
    His 1 and only hit is called Informer and is due for a rerelease any year now.
    The scene was still in its earley stages at the time.
    Every one was into break dancing and graffiti art. Grand master flash and the furiou 5 warned us back then about cokaine with a hit called white lines (go away) Then out of the blue came Snow with informer. A classic.
    He was called snow cos he was the whitest man ive ever seen.Even his hair was white. I couldnt wait for his second release but he got shot,
    The great white hope was gone. The next white man to even contend lyrically was Emenem (respec in the high ).
    Look up white lines as well. Words of wisdom.

The women get excited' the money gets divided
    now im broke. its no joke etc

Shit ! I feal old but happy to have lived those days. Every thing seemed so innocent compared to now.
    Are you being serious about Snow?? That track is fucking shit!! Really shit.
    18th March 2006

Wu Vatican

beastie boys sickest ever.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.