Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: when/how did time begin?

Question

when/how did time begin?

Answer

When the simulation/illusion was switched on

Why does time seem to go faster as you get older?

I remember that a semester, or a year in school, when i was in grade school, seemed like forever. A month seemed like forever. Christmas was always a long time away. My birthday was always a long time away.

Now the years fly by. A week feels like a day. A month goes by as fast as a week used to. Now I'm old.

I remember reading someone's explanation being that when you are only 7 or 8 years old you haven't been alive that long so your short time up to that point is perceived as being longer. The explanation wasn't satisfying.

It probably all breaks down to perception. Does time seem to go by faster because I'm an adult toiling away at jobs and paying bills and not enjoying my time as much as I could when I was younger?

Someone in prison probably disagrees. When you're in a jail cell, time takes forever. Is it true that time goes by faster while you're having fun? And why is this? Is it perception, again?

What can I do to slow down time? How do you avoid wasting time?

What's the longest you've ever gone without looking at a clock or checking what time it is?

It's the first explanation, satisfying or not. A year, month, day becomes a shorter period of time as a fraction of your life as time goes on.

When you're 7 a year is a 7th of your life. Theres a massive difference between your perception of time then and what it is in your 30s.

God knows what it's like for old people - your body is falling apart, your minds not as sharp, you can no longer understand the fast changing world, if you ever did, and it must seem to pass in a flash.

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

To Push out
    The Big Bang
    Sound - Movement
    Circulation - Living
    The pushing out and movement of light and sound and how it affects the material/mass in it's path
    Emit - Time
    Time ends when that light and sound dissipates and affects it's last particle.
    There is more light and sound behind it to reanimate that particle though. Time will restart
    BC. and BCE.