Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Post your REAL collection...

Dope shit ya'll

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by El Don View Post
    Neither are Gravediggaz...he's wu connected and that was good enough for me to include him.
    wu connected? what do you mean?

Read up on him and find out for yourself.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

he's cool with them, but it doesn't mean that he's a wu affiliated or wu killa bees ..

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    he's cool with them, but it doesn't mean that he's a wu affiliated or wu killa bees ..
    Please show me where I said he was a killa bee or that he was a wu affiliate...if you actually look at my pics you will notice that I didn't place his cd in my wu affiliates section but rather my miscellaneous collection, meaning the shit thats just random.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

Nice collections from everybody here, I see some albums I still need and hope to see more from y'all. I guess I'm more of a vinyl guy when it comes to Wu collecting, I won't post every piece I have, but here's a few of my favorites

From top right to left, left to right to bottom:

Ol' Dirty Bastard -Return To The 36 Chambers Instrumentals
    Ghostface - Supreme Clientele Instrumentals (official Epic Records pressing)
    GZA - Liquid Swords Instrumentals
    RZA - Ghost Dog Instrumentals (Japan import)
    Inspectah Deck - Uncontrolled Substance Instrumentals
    Gravediggaz - Constant Elevation/Diary Of A Madman white label 12"
    Wu Tang & Friends - The 5 Styles Of Shaolin EP
    La The Darkman - I Want It All/As The World Turns feat. Raekwon 12"
    Wu Tang Clan - Protect Ya Neck/After The Laughter (yellow label pressing before white Loud pressing)
    Raekwon - OBFCL Instrumentals and promo cassette
    Gravediggaz - 6 Feet Deep EP (remixes of Bang Your Head & 1-800-Suicide)

Words From The Genius original issue, autographed by GZA in 1994: I remember the day I was digging through a cabinet of cassettes at a Jamaican record store on 125th St. in Harlem NY and this fell into my hands out of a pile.

Audio: At my soundcloud account you can find some vintage freestyles I have from Ol' Dirty & Meth from the mid 90's, more to come that I have on cassette in the future

Video: Check my dailymotion page for video interviews & performance from the 90's, Shyheim rhyming in the club as a youngster before his 1st album, interviews with Method Man before Tical, etc.

o shit! That last pic is ill! What's the story behind him signing it.
    It's the god, god.

grt05: I got the CD signed by him at an in-store for the release of Liquid Swords at a record store called Harlem Music Hut which used to be on the corner of 125th St. and Broadway in Harlem New York. I didn't say much, just walked up, introduced myself, got the autograph and left, the store was kinda crowded with a line out the door.

He was surprised when I passed him the cover, the reaction was as if that album was something he'd forgot about and moved on from in life. From some interviews and that verse he had on Protect Ya Neck, I know it was a somewhat bad experience for him over at Cold Chillin'. I could tell he was proud of that album though, like he couldn't believe someone appreciated Wu from the very beginning in the midst of their new-found success in '94.

The store was in a neighborhood where I grew up and went to school as a child, I was cool with the owner who I used to work for a little while. Right across the street from where that store used to be is where I bought my first hip hop album ever at a Woolworth's department store at the age of 7.

O shit, I just saw the OB4CL promo tape...got a closeup?
    It's the god, god.

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

ill post some shit when i get my camera running again
    We do it for the people.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

I have to admit my Wu collection only consists of FishScale and Soundtracks from the Shaolin Temple. Everything else (all solos, all five group albums, KB compilations and soundtracks as well as some KB material) are MP3.s I got into the Wu around 05-06 so I'm still kinda new to it all. However I do plan on getting everything on CD when I can

Which reminds me - I heard Words From The Genius and Golden Arms Redemption are out of print and are no longer on sale. Is it true?

Quote Originally Posted by fatboybrandon View Post
    grt05: I got the CD signed by him at an in-store for the release of Liquid Swords at a record store called Harlem Music Hut which used to be on the corner of 125th St. and Broadway in Harlem New York. I didn't say much, just walked up, introduced myself, got the autograph and left, the store was kinda crowded with a line out the door.

He was surprised when I passed him the cover, the reaction was as if that album was something he'd forgot about and moved on from in life. From some interviews and that verse he had on Protect Ya Neck, I know it was a somewhat bad experience for him over at Cold Chillin'. I could tell he was proud of that album though, like he couldn't believe someone appreciated Wu from the very beginning in the midst of their new-found success in '94.

The store was in a neighborhood where I grew up and went to school as a child, I was cool with the owner who I used to work for a little while. Right across the street from where that store used to be is where I bought my first hip hop album ever at a Woolworth's department store at the age of 7.
    dope!
    Shaolin shadowboxin' and the wu-tang swordstyle...
    If what you say is true...
    The shaolin and the wu-tang could be dangerous!
    En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...

Quote Originally Posted by grt05 View Post
    O shit, I just saw the OB4CL promo tape...got a closeup?
    Here it is, you can go to my Flickr account and click on the magnifying glass above the preview for a super close up here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/43888669@N05/4323467716/

Maybe next thread should be what records with original Wu samples people have as a collection, I have a few: Bob James, Black Ivory, 5th Dimension, Roy Ayers, Jack McDuff, Bobby Womack..

DJ /Tastemaker/Asskicker J-Ronin's Avatar

for the record Sav is Wu affiliated. he has several songs with killah priest, a song with hell razah. a song coming out with capadonna, another with inspectah deck . another track with priest that has not come out yet. not too mention the freestyle he has with rza and buddah monk and the fact that rza and popa wu did a drop for his 2nd mixtape

what else do you need? some so called killa bees got less going on than that! wu is family like our older brothers, cousins and uncles ya dig?
    ALL ELEMENTS vol. 12 hosted by M.O.P. out now!! - vol.11 hosted by Jadakiss in stores now
    www.twitter.com/jronin
    www.twitter.com/savkillz

DJ /Tastemaker/Asskicker J-Ronin's Avatar

on another note i should take pics of my collecton, i got rare vinyl, promo cds, i even got a ghostface ligther lol. got an exclusive t-shirt masta killa gave me for made in brooklyn as well. they only made a handful of them
    ALL ELEMENTS vol. 12 hosted by M.O.P. out now!! - vol.11 hosted by Jadakiss in stores now
    www.twitter.com/jronin
    www.twitter.com/savkillz