Thread: Brian Auger's Oblivion Express

Wu Vatican

Default Brian Auger's Oblivion Express

some of this got onto my ipod about sophomore year of college, i really still have no clue how it got there. but its some pretty good shit. my old pod came and went, and for whatever reason the other day they just popped back into my head.

a 70s prog rock group, smooth and funky, but not too funky. good stuff if your into that sound.

The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

Yes, he's got a funky edge to his music that still feels somewhat dark and moody as progressive rock. I'm still learning about his whole catalog but I have a couple albums. He's got a bunch of open drum breaks, one of the highest amounts I've seen in a progressive rock artist's catalog.

I've got to go back and listen to more artists like him, it depends on the mood I'm in though, since the music is usually dark and intense.

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

Here's one album I own, I love to pick up an album from my collection, look at the cover and get a feelings of happiness in 70's life from a cover photo like this one: