Thread: Curtis Mayfield

Wu Vatican

Default Curtis Mayfield

school me on the god. i have superfly, what else is top notch in his discography?

The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Starvin' individuals kill Tommy's Avatar

I'd take a look at the "Curtis" album, that shit is fucking banging. In my eyes, it's his greatest album, which is a deep compliment considering all of his stuff is classic.

You get the full 9:00 length "Move On Up" on this one, plus many more beasts. You can't really find any of this on YouTube which is a shame as I would've put them up for you but you can check them on Spotify and then maybe download them. If you've already checked out Superfly, I definitley recommend this one next.

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

I don't have that Curtis album yet, I mighta heard some of it's songs at one time though. I have Back To The World on vinyl and a 45 of "Future Shock" the song Cypress sampled for a skit on their first album, you know the one that talks about cheeba?

can't forget the classic tune Freddie's Dead, that's an unforgettable one in the genre of soul music to me, also Superfly.

Here's Future Shock, real funky stuff:

Wu Vatican

thanks guys. imma check it out!!
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.