Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Batman 3 Already In the Works?

Default Batman 3 Already In the Works?

One of the biggest questions in the comic books world today, or as far as the Hollywood films are concerned, is if there will be a third Batman film. It’s almost certain that Warner Bros. Pictures will produce another one. After all, with such a big money-making monster in their arsenal, why keep such a hot franchise on the shelf? So, the question really asked is if Christopher Nolan will make it. In 2005, Nolan successfully re-launched the Batman franchise with Batman Begins, starring Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne. He followed it up with its sequel, The Dark Knight, the most successful comic book movie to date, as well as a film that reached Titanic-level box office success. Since then, we’ve heard very little of the franchise’s future, much less about Nolan’s plans on returning. He is one very secretive man.

While the fan community is out there playing casting directors on who should be the next villain and which actor should play them, there just might be something in the works concerning a “Batman 3”. The latest report came from Deadline Hollywood, who says that screenwriter/director David S. Goyer has left his position as show runner for the TV series FlashForward to focus on other projects, one being the third Batman film.

Courtesy of Deadline Hollywood:
    "As my feature projects have started ramping up again, I felt I was being pulled in too many directions," Goyer said in a statement. "I'm proud of the show and excited about the relaunch. It's in great hands."

Deadline Hollywood reports that Goyer is working with Christopher Nolan’s brother, Jonah, on the screenplay for another Batman film. If that is true, then we can assume that Christopher will be returning for the third movie. Goyer and Jonah Nolan co-wrote Batman Begins and Goyer contributed on The Dark Knight while the Nolan brothers co-wrote the screenplay for it.

Goyer is no stranger to the comic book movie. He’s written the screenplays to all three Blade films that starred Wesley Snipes. He was announced as the writer for X-Men Origins: Magneto, but that film will probably not happen as already reported here a while back. Goyer also wrote an early screenplay in 2001 for a Ghost Rider movie. Columbia Pictures went in a different direction with their 2007 film starring Nicolas Cage as Johnny Blaze, but now it looks like Goyer is re-writing his script from ’01 and updating it for the next film on the Spirit of Vengeance, another franchise getting an overhaul. He’s also written screenplays for Doctor Strange, Marvel’s Sorcerer Supreme, and The Flash, DC’s Fastest Man Alive, two super-heroes who have yet to get the movie treatment.

I should say that this report should be taken with a grain of salt. There is very little known about the third Batman film and whenever anyone who was involved with the previous two is asked about it, they either deflect the question or just simply refuse to give any information. Some super-heroes would learn a thing or two from Nolan about keeping their secret identities intact. Until there is official confirmation from those involved, this report should be taken lightly and not seriously. There will definitely be more coming from the Batman front in the near future. Until then, we'll have to live with this report that David S. Goyer and Jonah Nolan are working on a script for a third Batman film.
    i doubt it will top TDK but i still cant wait

it won't top tdk, but if the nolans are involved it should be good

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the scarecrow View Post
    it won't top tdk, but if the nolans are involved it should be good
    yeah won't top tdk but still will be great

The Dark Knight is just too fucking epic

id like to see TDK in a world where Ledger was alive.
    it was good but lets call it how it is

one of the best comic book character films ever? thats about right.

DEVIL BASTARD!!! PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT's Avatar

u got to say its the best

whats better than tdk? do sin city or 300 count?

i like batman returns quite a bit

I wish they start killing all the "love interest" in every movie like they did in tdk

especially rom coms

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT View Post
    u got to say its the best

whats better than tdk? do sin city or 300 count?
    Batman Begins is the one who's better. TDK has too many holes in the story. I'd nominate Watchmen here too, but if you weren't a fan of the comic book, you won't like the movie.

So because Goyer is back to help more with the script, it could top both Nolan Batmans, in the Box Office and in quality.
    bring back begongo!!

Veteran Member

What holes are you speaking of in TDK?

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

LMAO

not telling us how did Gordon survive the shooting..that's fucking retarded 4 a serious movie like this, he just lives LMAO
    plus I don't remember how did Bats find the location with Harvey Dent, Gordon and his family, he's just there like in a second anyway, which looks stupid. There are more of them, I guess read them on IMDB if u don't believe me, the script for TDK isn't as good as BatmanBegins
    bring back begongo!!

Veteran Member

Maybe he just guessed a likely location of where Harvey would bring Gordons family

i'd say watchman is more hardcore - but if your picking plot holes in tdk then you can pick as many in batman begins

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    Batman Begins is the one who's better. TDK has too many holes in the story. I'd nominate Watchmen here too, but if you weren't a fan of the comic book, you won't like the movie.
    funny, thats why i dislike it. and theres no way its better than TDK.