Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cage Returning to Old Style

Platinum Chupa Chup DirtMcgehrk's Avatar

Default Cage Returning to Old Style

Just read this on his twitter:

"Feeling like my MPD has taken over I can tell you there will be a night and day difference in Cage and Chris Palko records.

I still want to push it in your earholes angry or sad.Hate or Love it but I do miss doing evil stuff like Movies For The Blind so I have started again.

New Cage record will be a continuation of Movies For The Blind. Think crossroads after Movies For The Blind and NOT choosing the Hell's Winter path.

Chris Palko record will depart Depart From Me."

It's nice that he's going back to that. I respect that he went in another direction with his music, but to be completely honest I liked his old style loads better. And I know this is Twitter, but as far as that goes, Cage comes through on almost everything he posts on there. I just wonder what label he's going to release his next album on (With Def Jux folding) and what producers he'll be working with.
    "Drag you to hell I'm evil dead, you can call me Sam Raimi/ These Muthafuckas
    want a verse but they can't pay me."

Platinum Chupa Chup DirtMcgehrk's Avatar

And now I guess he's considering a Chris Palko vs. Cage record. Interesting idea.
    "Drag you to hell I'm evil dead, you can call me Sam Raimi/ These Muthafuckas
    want a verse but they can't pay me."

I was just bumping Movies For The Blind 2 days ago. that shit is dope.

i heard Depart From Me and that shit sucks. im glad he's going back to that Movies For The Blind style

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

guess the drugs finally wore off

glad he's starting to see straight again, wtf was he thinking with that nerd hipster shit he was tryna pass off as rap... shit was decent dont get me wrong, but movies for the blind > all

Banned

so this faggot shit on his core fanbase and burned his wigger clothes only to come crawling back after no one bought his shit...

cage can rap, but the guys a fuckin loser!!!!!!

his last album flopped like a fish outta water, i think that shit put def jux outta business!!!!!!

would cage be going back to the shit that made him if his emo bitch movement worked out!?!?!?!? probably not!!!!!!!!!

somebody slap this chump and cop him some wet!!!!! ill listen to his new shit, but son officially hit the panic button!!!!!

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

hes a fuckin joke and that whole emo shit just proved that hes only into what can make money for him in the current trend of the day.

fuck him

Sleepyheaded Nonsense Dr Sleepwalker's Avatar

lmfao at wu-tang corp hip-hop fans ^. frauds.

He's a music artist, the best ones experiment with different shit. small example; Bowie/Stardust.. Thom York and his electronica phase, ect..
    He's a human, with a vast spectrum of thoughts and feelings, and lets his music reflect that. Whether it was the best choice for the best sound.

I think Cage as a person is wack, confused, awkward..

But he makes consistent real rap albums, that are anticipated by real rap fans.

So at the end of the day maybe it's what makes him so fucked up, that makes his music as good as it is.

Banned

i started checkin for cage when i heard him buggin on the radio in the early 90s... who the fuck you callin a fraud son!?!!??!!!!! he got gassed and fell on his face!!!!!!!!!

no one copped his new shit!!!!!! no one liked his new shit!!!!!!! i remember hearing him say he was embarrassed by his old shit, and now he misses it!!!!!

maybe 1/100 cage fans that liked movies for the blind liked his new shit...

i got a feeling cage has been gettin zapped off heroin during this sober phase, hes clueless!!!!!!!!!

i could fuck with hells winter, he was snappin on that..his last shit sucked though and deserved to flop!!!!!

shit flopped so hard el-p had to pull the plug on the label!!!!!!!!! still friends?!?!?!?! hahahaha!!!!!!

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Sleepwalker View Post
    He's a human, with a vast spectrum of thoughts and feelings, and lets his music reflect that.
    Hahaha fuck outta here with that corn

I think Cage as a person is wack, confused, awkward..
    I agree

But he makes consistent real rap albums, that are anticipated by real rap fans.

So at the end of the day maybe it's what makes him so fucked up, that makes his music as good as it is.
    Talking about confused, awkward and wack....what about your posts son?

I went out and bought Hell Winter the week it got released, and honestly, there were only a few joints on there.

I will never forget about the illness though

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

no, NOBODY LIKES his last album, at least from the perspective of his old fans

his voice isn't that good anymore anyway, and he used to be on drugs...that was his strength. he is past his prime, I rather listen to other rappers than support a wash up

FUCK CAGE
    bring back begongo!!

i think cage is a true talent. even with all the bullshit in the last 2 years or so.

if he would get back to straight HIP HOP, i think he'll be ok. hangin' with all those white boys not named el-p fucked his game up.
    depart from me wasnt horrible, but it damn sure aint a cage record people who've been down with cage could have ever expected.

fuck the bullshit, i wanna see another leak brothers album with beats by el-p & j-zone!!! lol
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

/
    Last edited by Seanuz; 12-27-2016 at 08:00 AM.

Hip Hop fans is some frail motherfuckers.

OT:
    Looking forward to this. Hell's Winter is easily his best album though, but with the right production he can still top it. Depart From Me only had one track I still bump tbh(though in the beginning I felt like it had some potential), so I'm glad he realized that wasn't the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

Sleepyheaded Nonsense Dr Sleepwalker's Avatar

May be corny, but a lot of hip-hop fans expect rappers to be one dimensional, and if they are and can hold it down the whole time on a one track mind, that's fine. But you can't hate on 'em for takin' risks even if they lost you as a fan in the mix.

And I am confused and akward when it comes to explainin' Cage, 'cus I've been a fan since his obvious beginning, and I can't stand the emo teenager not knowing who he is bullshit,. but he's such a GREAT rapper, and that's been proven to me before.
    He seems to be just a follower. Whatever people or scene's he's surrounded in, he adapted his music and image to fit.

None the less, I'll look forward to anything he drops, because;
    -He is a good rapper when you take away the layers of nonesense.
    -It's a rare occurence for a Cage album. I think like once every 4 years is his norm these days..

^More than I usually type on the internet, I may have set a record for myself.
    Mad lifted and fell into a little typin' frenzy, cheeaaaaaaaa

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Hell's Winter is my fav. project from him

I like when rappers rap about what they've been through, cuz u can't get more true than that
    bring back begongo!!