• Sinapse

10 43.48%
  • Infinity

13 56.52%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: (VOTE)Sinapse Vs. Infinity

funkmaster general pRoTeChTyAnEcK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RINO View Post
    thats the point, its easy to keep everything ON beat, but stuff like ^this adds some extra life to the beat imo (altho mcees might have a problm with it i guess)
    I know what you mean cause I do off patterns myself, so it wasn't a knock against what Sin is doing. The drums were super chunky and I liked his use of the sample, but I was just groovin a bit more to Infinity's beat and felt more flow especially with the ill switch up in there too.

Big ups 2 both producers.
    Last edited by pRoTeChTyAnEcK; 02-14-2010 at 06:55 PM.

Peace to all the listeners/voters...

As for the "off beat" feel that Irie mentioned, I bang out everything by hand live, no software sequencing, and I am not a fan of quantize so I think the swings and slight mistimings are a natural product of that. it's not a style that I tried to develop, more just a byproduct of how I produce but thanks for the comments fellas, timing is something I work hard on all the time, no pun intended lol. also wanna say it's not like i am some anti-software cat, I do it that way b/c its the most fun to me and feels the most natural. i realize no one gives a shit if you don't use quantize or if you play live, they only care how the beat sounds.

peace and big up to everybody listening and voting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinapse View Post
    , I bang out everything by hand live,

has a Doom sounding choppiness to it. somebody here heard it and said it sounds similar to doom drums.idk

voted sinapse

props to y'all both, Infinity had a cool beat, but sin wrecked the sample and created a better atmosphere to me.

peace y'all
    Last edited by 5hundred&one; 02-15-2010 at 08:33 PM.

both beats were sick and both producers took the sample into new directions.
    i voted from an MC's perspective and i spit over both beats.

sinapse had a real gritty analog flavor to it. i was digging the depth of sound too.
    Sin's drums were dope but the quirks interrupted my flow even when i tried to ride the wave so to speak. if he kept the snare steady it wouldn't have been an issue but some parts were just too jerky.

i liked both of infinity's changes but the 1st one made me spit flows involuntarily.
    his beat had that golden era energy to it. that resonated with me more than anything.
    oldschool breakbeat and a premo-esque chop.

i vote Infinity.

this was a great battle.
    premo vs doom lol.

Peace again to all the listeners/voters but lots of votes that didn't mention the tracks, feedback is appreciated so thanks to those who posted and gave some comments. Good to see a lot of voting tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    has a Doom sounding choppiness to it. somebody here heard it and said it sounds similar to doom drums.idk
    Word up, first of all I love Doom as a producer so that's a big compliment to me. I think that whole group of producers referred to as "choppy" or "off beat" i.e. Doom, Madlib, etc..., basically all they do is play shit with quantize OFF when they make patterns. In the last week or so i have read all sorts of commentary about how to achieve this feel in beats by chopping them up and shifting hits etc after the fact, even by using various quantize settings to shift hits (weird yeah i know). Personally, I didn't like quantize from the start several months ago b/c i felt it was shifting the swing i would try to play. so I just abandoned it early and wound up with this "off beat" sound, but didn't realize until I started sharing my beats and people told me lol...it's an interesting topic tho.
    Last edited by Sinapse; 02-15-2010 at 09:17 PM.

And yeah was a cool battle, great contrast of sounds. Props again to Inf on the flip

I never ever quantize. Thats a no no for those that keep it real. I either play out a drum pattern on the pads and then loop those live drums in sequences or else I hit up the classic loops and add upon them.Even when I use a loop I didnt play I still go over and accent it with additional drums or I put effects over it to alter the loop.

idk there are tons of ways to make ill shit. In the end its all about if its fresh or not.programing or free hand.its all good imo

yeah def man like i said earlier no one gives a shit bout nothing except how the joint sounds to them. the process is just personal preference and whatever is the best way to tap your creativity

Peace

pardon the interruption, but thats how i fell bout ma rhymez..

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!

^
    Yeah I understand what you are saying, I think it's a lil diff with rhymes, but point taken...let's squash the negativity

Peace

fuck interrupting the thread.

if ya'LL 2's squash the beef then that would be the illest.

Imagine , we could make this place shine. I remember when I first found the audio booth and Black Sunn (then Sun Tzu) and Plex and Lord Zero and all them WWI cats was gettin in IN(!!!) and I was like "yeah , i need to get in on this". Well over a matter of time shit just got hectic and somehow at something that should have been the height (sound theory) we went seperate ways hard.

You gotta understand that with all that unessasary beef the audio board looks silly.

...just saying.

yeah but a lot of the going separate ways is just b/c of time, people are moving on to diff stages of life, going diff directions musically and all that...Sound Theory was a last hoorah of sorts in that regard b/c it was nearly impossible to pull it together with people already diffusing, but it happened...still the negativity is stupid

heres my breakdown

sinapse - im diggin the sample use and the drums, the kicks are chucky. im diggin the sorta "off beat" pattern, but to me they arent that off beat, at some points more then others imo, at least as an emcee. this beat sounded better in terms of the overall mix of sounds, nothing clashed with other sounds, compared to some more previous beats.

infinity - the drums are like rollin rocks for real, those kicks are real tight. the switch on the beat is straight killin. i feel that the switch had the best use of the sample given. but overall i think more could have been done with the sample, but the chops that were there are tight. but the switch and the drums are real nice on this one.

overall - imma give it to sinapse, i was feelin the drums and the sample use was better. infinity definitely had a nice flip on the sample but it wasnt used quite as well. both beats had SICK drums though.

props to both