Thread: Sade thinks Raekwon is a Poet!!!

Prospect
    Were just worms in the worst part of the apple thats rotten...

Default Sade thinks Raekwon is a Poet!!!

I like the Raekwon album, it's tough and hard. I love the beats, and I think he's a poet. I like a lot of hip hop. -Sade

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/b...-industry.aspx

Sade on Kanye West, Amy Winehouse, Raekwon and the music industry
    Posted: February 16, 2010, 11:08 AM by Brad Frenette Music, Sade

The reclusive Sade rarely does interviews, so when The Ampersand had a chance to talk to the top selling female artist in Britain, we had to ask her about another well-selling British soul singer, as well as to speak about the internet rumours about possible collaborations with Drake and Kanye, and a few other things left out of today's piece:

On personal lyrics vs private life: Once you let the songs go, they aren't your songs anymore. What I hope we do is we let people read their lives into our songs. I hope that is what happens, and I feel that that's what it is. We all have familiar feelings as humans. I do approach that with a degree of trepidation before I write a song - do I really want people to know how I feel anyway. So I really want people to know what I see, what my life's been, who I am. Once I start writing a song, I have to let go and just sing from my heart and not be judgemental.

On how the industry has changed: If I auditioned for X Factor, I probably wouldn't get through the first process. They'd say - 'oh God, not her'. I think [the industry] is tough, but the beauty of the internet is that people who are a bit weird and disconnected can use it as a tool to expose what they do - that's the beauty of what's happened with the internet for music.

On the collaboration rumours with Kanye West and Drake:
    I don't think they have contacted me. I've never collaborated because I've always avoided working outside my safety zone -- I can be exactly who I am and can fail or success within the moment. I feel safe working like I do. I wouldn't want to work in a situation where I am expected to deliver because I think I wouldn't deliver.

On other acts catching her ear: I loved Amy Winehouse's Back to Black album. I think she's a great lyricist. I like the Raekwon album, it's tough and hard. I love the beats, and I think he's a poet. I like a lot of hip hop. I like Alicia [Keys] and the other Alecia, Pink - she's a real soldier. I like people whodo their own thing, who are brave enough to do their thing.

On performing on late night shows: I find myself wondering what I'm doing there. It's a bit clinical. You have to live in those few seconds. Being on stage, it has the ebb and flow, it's real ,a dn you are giving something back to the ppeople who've been there and gone through the whole thing with you. It's a great opportunity to express youself.
    I feel that when we're on stage, we're in it together -- me and the band and the audience, we're all in it. They want me to be good. We all do, and somehow it happens because of that.

On the next record: I haven't even really sat and listened to this one as a whole, as a body of work since we did it. I won't know what our next album is going to be until we do it.

Read more

Veteran Member

Sade is what's up
    Wu Tang Forever.

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

even tho rae is a fat stumpy fuck he always struck me as the type of dude who had no problem pullin tha ladies NO HOMOSEXUALITIES

^^^ wtf

Veteran Member

Great to see Raekwon gettin praise for OB4CL2.

Rae definitely is.
    http://images.meez.com/user07/3/9/3/0/8/3/9/3930839_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Yo on the reals... Sade's joint she got "soldier of love" is very militant sounding.. kinda fits the WU-Tang theme nice. Rae and Deck should do a remix w/Sade to that joint... namean Since they all are veterans of the music biz, what kind of harm can be done with that?
    Angelz in the midst please enlist/ heartz consist ov righteousness/ battle iron fist against souls so devilish/ ~ Ptolemy: 3 Kingz PNR MusiK