10 12.99%

2 2.60%

2 2.60%

0 0%

0 0%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Nas - Illmatic

-

LOL@Keraj hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Those albums aren't better than Illmatic. Puerto Rock, Memory Lane is your favorite song on the album? You can't be serious LOL. NY State Of Mind, Life's A Bitch, The World Is Yours(video version remix is better), Halftime, One Love, One Time For Your Mind, Represent and It Ain't Hard To Tell are the best songs. I never listen to Memory Lane. I was listening to Illmatic this morning and I love the album pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

LOL@Keraj hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Those albums aren't better than Illmatic. Puerto Rock, Memory Lane is your favorite song on the album? You can't be serious LOL. NY State Of Mind, Life's A Bitch, The World Is Yours(video version remix is better), Halftime, One Love, One Time For Your Mind, Represent and It Ain't Hard To Tell are the best songs. I never listen to Memory Lane. I was listening to Illmatic this morning and I love the album pictures.
    I love all those tracks bro.

But Memory Lane is one of those songs that TAKES YOU THERE. Its so visual. That's what I always loved about that song. It can make you reminisce on anything just by hearing the beat alone... NY State if Mind is probably my next favorite, followed by The World Is Yours. But no weak tracks for me on that album.

Quote Originally Posted by puerto rock View Post
    I love all those tracks bro.

But Memory Lane is one of those songs that TAKES YOU THERE. Its so visual. That's what I always loved about that song. It can make you reminisce on anything just by hearing the beat alone... NY State if Mind is probably my next favorite, followed by The World Is Yours. But no weak tracks for me on that album.
    Maybe CJ would like the original production. Nas wanted the song to sound more nostalgic so Premo used a different sample.

I like both.

Banned

Memory Lane is dope how can you never listen to it? Lol CJ named the entire album as "the best songs"

I never heard that original sample, nice. I like it but it doesn't feel right for the song after all of this time only hearing the album version.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

If you dont ike this album you dont like real rap music, period.

-

True. I love his videos The World Is Yours, The World Is Yours remix and It Ain't Hard To Tell from the album. Props to him for sampling Michael Jackson's Human Nature on It Ain't Hard To Tell and for saying I'm like Sly Stone in Cobra. I love Cobra movie and I got it on dvd. That's my favorite Sylvester Stallone movie.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Illmatic dropped twenty five years ago today. Vibes still resonate from this after all these years. Definitely a top three hip hop album.