Thread: I need experienced admin advice

Default I need experienced admin advice

I'm actually an admin on a very small board of about a dozen people. I'd like to know how to enable posting a youtube video directly to the thread instead of hyperlinking to the video on youtube.

I know my board is powered by phpBB and it's on myfastforum.org. It's not a really professional one and the two or three other admins don't know a whole lot about board administration either.

I just wanted to know if you guys had any tips on enabling that feature. I would greatly appreciate any and all help. Thanks for your time.

If you can get into the deep forum code in your phpbb board you may be able to get that embedding added. If you made a quick forum on their server you might not have access to a lot of forum structure.

VBulletin has hacks on its vbulletin.org site than enables the embedding of videos. The only problem with the hacks (in this version anyway) is that you can't control how often one uses the source code. I can restrict images in posts and sigs but video embeds you cant.

You might be able to check on a phpbb site....maybe this thread can help you:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewt...?f=64&t=546007

Thanks, I appreciate that. I didn't create the forum, I got admin powers as a joke and it just stuck. I'm trying to improve the site a bit cuz our traffic is atrocious. Thanks again, I'll look into that site. Appreciated.