31 36.90%
  • 2 Star Boring

13 15.48%
  • 1 Star Wack

9 10.71%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Inspectah Deck - The Manifesto

Veteran Member

Theres no difference, they just have an outdated tracklisting, its the same universally....Your still going to get this album..

1 "Tombstone Intro" J.Glaze
    2 "The Champion" The Alchemist
    3 "Born Survivor" (feat. Cormega) MoSS
    4 "This Is It" Dtox
    5 "Luv Letter" (feat. Fes Taylor & Ms. Whitney) Inspectah Deck
    6 "P.S.A." Lee Bannon
    7 "T.R.U.E." (feat. Meshel) Inspectah Deck
    8 "We Get Down" Inspectah Deck
    9 "The Big Game"(feat. Raekwon & AC) Mental Instruments
    10 "Tombstone Interlude" J.Glaze
    11 "9th Chamber Part II" Inspectah Deck & Khino
    12 "Really Real" (feat. Carlton Fisk & Fes Taylor) Inspectah Deck
    13 "Serious Rappin'" (feat. Termanology & Planet Asia) Mike Cash
    14 "Do What U Gotta" Flip
    15 "Crazy" J.Glaze
    16 "Gotta Bang" (feat. Kurupt & Billy Danze) Shorty 140
    17 "The Bad Apple" K.Slack
    18 "Brothaz Respect" (feat. Cappadonna & Fes Taylor) Cee The Architect
    19 "5 Star G" MoSS
    20 "The Neverending Story" (feat. Pleasant)

ILLadelph (but just moved to Ft.Lauderdale)

Quote Originally Posted by Senator C. Palantine View Post
    It's so frustrating listening to half the beats on here knowing that 'Ringz or a shit load of other better producers would have been more than happy to lace the beats.

Deck goes hard.
    after 1 full, straight thru listen w/ headphones, i'll say there's 10 songs i LIKE & will listen to regularly. of those 10, there's 5 or 6 that i was really impressed with. 10 songs from an album (even from WU today) is pretty satisfying.
    however, just like Sen. Pal. said, its very hard to get over the fact that u know ringz, rza, or true master couldve laced INS w/ ALL disgusting bangers. he is not good at all w/ selecting beats for his own albums. soooooooo frustrating!!!
    another thing - i can barely believe how TERRIBLE deck is w/ hooks/choruses on his solos.
    also, deck talking about/to bitches is maybe my least fave theme in hiphop (except for "lovin you" from 'unc. subst.'...that beat kills!).

lastly, INS was quite sharp here lyrically. i really hate that this couldve been very close to a classic if it had WU-elements production instead. still, this is a step up for deck.

**message to INS - deck PLEASE heed this advice & stick w/ rza & true master for "the rebellion". it could cement your hall of fame legacy.

*(INS is 1 of my all-time fave MCs!)

Deck has been doing it his way for a long time. You should of had a feeling about what you were going to get when you bought the album. Keep giving us that hot shit.

Deck's best work since Uncontrolled Substance. All his albums are bangers in my opinion, but in this album specifically Deck sounds more hard, confident and don'd the fuck out! His production skills are excellent. Ain't nothing weak on this album. 20 songs of classic/banging joints. great work Deck!

is there any europe tour?

he is in cologne / germany "essigfabrik" next month... and he hits another sport here...
    dont know if there are any other shows in europe

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

This shits definitely not in any stores in my area

An act of God

Odd with the distro.
    I found it at best buy and I saw it at target

The days of a Wu solo album with over 50% production from RZA are over. Except for a RZA solo. That ended in 1997. I think if someone did do more than 50% we would be getting the same shit as we did back in the day. That is not something I want because we have already been given it.

this album is real dope i dont get these people saying its shit. there is only a few tracks that i wasnt feeling but for the most part its an album you can throw in and let play through.

i thought US went gold?....i heard deck say it in an interview somewhere
    A million strands of spider webs weaved to make my vest
    Chi energy compacted deep within my inner chest
    One touch of my eagle claw clutch, rips your guts, brass head kill you fast with rapid head buts, ninja spying, the ammo flying, the steel iron blow a nigga neck from his head like dandelions

its an alright album but US blows this outta the water

This album has grown on me. Deck is always nice with his lyrics, but his flow is not the same as it was back in the day. Some of the beats and chorus’ make me scratch my head.

Top 5: True Champion (fav), Born Survivor, 9th Chamber, Serious Rappin’, Crazy
    Grade: (3/5) B- (still a bit of a dissapointment knowing his potential)

I've been listening to this album over and over for like the last 3 days and I must say this album is pretty good, I don't see why all the hate.

^^because the beats and hooks are shit, they sound cheap and dated...some people can overlook this and may even like 10 year old sounding production, some don't like it.

it's a shame because he is spitting, and he has alot of flows and lyrics here, but the production really detracts from it...i don't necessarily need wu-beats, but he could've done better with the beat selection. for example, you've got a song like 'crazy' where his verses are great but that beat just sounds generic and awful IMO.

in terms of lyrics and flows it's probably the best wu album in the last 2 years, but the production sucks hard with the exception of maybe 5 songs. what made it really disappointing for me is that the first 3 tracks are pretty dope.

again this is all my opinion. I'm sure based on averages and statistics it's probably a 4 star album lmfao