31 36.90%
  • 2 Star Boring

13 15.48%
  • 1 Star Wack

9 10.71%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Inspectah Deck - The Manifesto

Le Maître de la Vie Gitche Manito's Avatar

Finally found it in one of my local stores. Bought it out of charity.

Couldn't even go through the whole album.
    Comme les anges à l'œil fauve
    Je reviendrai dans ton alcôve
    Et vers toi glisserai sans bruit
    Comme les ombres de la nuit.

Great album, his best solo joint 4 sure ...

Quote Originally Posted by bluemutedwisdom View Post
    Great album, his best solo joint 4 sure ...
    ya all didnt list to uncontrolled substance or what?!
    i dont get it...

unso is way better

but manifesto is straight a banger...
    serious album... gets better with every rotation...

Uncontrolled Substance is a close second imho ...

I think so too.

so you guys think this is better than uncontrolled substance?

I think it's really close, about 7 classics each, but Manifesto has more songs.

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

I seriously just bought this album....

I was so shocked to see it at the store, that I had to buy it.

Its still not that good, but I gotta support Deck, he's trying atleast

It's too close to Uncontrolled substance but not better.
    For me U.S is still the best album of Deck.

most of the beats on here sounds painfully amateurish which is really a shame cuz Deck brings his A-game on the whole record. there are about 5-6 really good songs on here tho but not enough to save a 20-track album.

2.5/5

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

I just copped this album yesterday. Niggaz really think this is better than U.S.? WOW.
    My favorite track right now is Really Real...Deck is spitting on the mic but the beats let this one down, I've only heard this in my car stereo i'll give a rating in 2-3 weeks.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

fucking album sucks you guys are just being nice because he is wu...deck get the rza and true master and them and stop bullshittin us

i checked out deck's myspace and heard most of the tracks there. Not very impressed so far. Some of the hooks and beats have bad components to them. Some of the better tracks are just too short. There isn't one particular track on here that i like a whole lot, which is odd because on every deck album to date there is one track that i deem a classic.

On Uncontrolled Substance, there are timeless classics such as Longevity, Elevation, REC Room, Friction, etc. Not to mention that U.S. just sounded like a complete package and more uniform. All the production sounded like it was done by one executive producer. Not something just pieced together.

The Movement had one of my favorite deck songs ever called City High. I absolutely love that song! And I actually liked songs like Its Like That and Vendetta and Cradle to the Grave. But this album had some unforgivable bad songs too.

The Resident Patient had Sound of the Slums which was a fucking hot intro. Some certified songs like What They Want. Then i loved Handle That (This song goes HARD with U-God spitting some fire!), and My Style which is one of my favorite Deck solo songs ever! "My style sick as the plague, hold your head like i'm trimming your fade, face off like nicholas cage...analyze this like dinero!" damn the hook and flow on this is flawless. And probably my favorite Deck solo ever is All I Want Is Mine. Resident Patient is probably my favorite deck album with Uncontrolled Substance a close second.

Now this album:

Why did they break up Tombstone? The intro is too short. They should have made the intro and the interlude one song.

The sample in The Champion gets annoying after a couple listens. Sure the track is fire but I wonder how fast I'll get tired of hearing it.

Born Survivor is dope. Cormega has been money everytime he collabs with Wu. Deck could have come harder. Little bit too much obama samples on this one. What the hell am i complaining about this track is fire!

This is It - average track. What's with the beat just riding by itself and the song still only being 3:11 long? Not as much multi-syllable rhyming from Deck as I usually like. Song abruptly ends

Luv Letter - sample just bores me. After hearing it on Yolanda's House I just wasn't eager to hear it again, even if this is arguably better than Yolanda's House.

PSA - sounds like a cheap sounding snare. the beat is alright though. Song is so fucking short. Am i just listening to a snippet of the real song?

TRUE - this is a recycled sample. Spice one used this sample almost 20 years ago and used it so much better. So i am already disappointed. Deck rides the beat well but still i'd rather break out the spice 1 187 he wrote album to hear this sample. I'm actually a bit pissed off at whoever produced this and pretty much sampled it the same way. Fucking biters. Its too close to just be an accident.

We Get Down - I agree with B-Rock on this one. One of the worse songs on the album. Not necessarily bad. But the hook just sounds so cliche. A wu guest spot/verse could have saved this song. Instead it awkwardly ends before even being 3 minutes long.

The Big Game - this is a good song. Like the production. But it just doesn't sound like it fits. Deck sounds better on these higher tempo songs. Don't like the autotune on the hook. Can't they sing the hook without so many vocal effects? Even i sound good on a hook with that many effects! Raekwon comes hard on the next verse.

9th Chamber 2 - Not as good as some here make it out to be. Sounds like Deck adlibing over his own verse. Beat sounds grimey and hard but a bit too "mastered" or over-produced. Sounds like the drums were done on a new sampler and the samples were done with an old sampler which gives is an in-authentic sound.

Really Real - one of my favorite tracks on this album.

Serious Rappin - good beat. But again, the drums on this song as well as others just sound cheap. You going with your downloaded drum kits and getting too lazy to sample your own drums? the first verse didn't exactly get me fired up. good verses, good scratches, good samples, but a drum track that just lacks soul and vibe.

Do What you Gotta - just average. I like the idea of the song though. Do what you gotta do. Again, I think a wu guest spot could have saved this song. And Deck's hook was alright but could have been put down a little bit better.

Crazy - I like the beat but the drums just sound cheap again. There's that cheap sounding snare again. But overall i really like this song. One of my favorite on this album. The beat could have been flipped a little bit better if they made the loop longer and less repetitive.

Gotta Bang - ironic that the beat doesn't bang. hook is disappointing. Kurupt usually comes harder. song doesn't sound cohesive. Reused sample at the end.

The Bad Apple - This doesn't even sound like Deck.

Brothaz Respect - recycled sample with a crappy sounding snare again and a Cappadonna verse that some have commented sounds off beat. Yeah this is disappointing.

5 Star G - sounds like a filler track. sounds like another short loop that they let run for less than 3 minutes before Deck got bored with it his damned self.

The Neverending Story - i like the strings and the samples on this. Drums sound unmotivated like practically every other song on this album. Hook sounds like they tried too damn hard hhaha. Damn it makes me really miss blue raspberry and Tekitha and the old people who used to sing hooks like this on wu albums. Deck comes through though.

So overall those are my first impressions. This album is forgettable. I probably won't be buying this album (sorry deck). Overall I give it about a 3/5. I think that the executive producer needs to be criticized for bad hooks and bad drum sounds and drum tracks on a lot of these songs. Also some of the songs just sounded incomplete. They either abruptly ended short of 3 minutes or just lacked a cohesiveness that an executive producer is supposed to be able to apply to every song. Not to mention some of the recycled samples. And then songs like The Big Game which is probably one of the better songs on this album seems like it doesn't fit and the hook brings it down a notch. Overall disappointing. Album sounds either rushed or uninspired.
    Last edited by Sense-A; 07-25-2010 at 01:00 PM.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

1. Tombstone Intro (Prod. by J.Glaze)
    The intro to this weird album, Deck shows his versitility on this one though, switching up his flow all over the track, spitting his pain on this, Beat is simple, After you hear this you're ready to hear the real album. 3.5/5

2. The Champion (Prod. by Alchemist)
    This is definitely top 3 on the album, Alchemist laced the beat up nice, Deck's style on this track is remarkable, This is the Inspectah Deck I wanna hear, Of course it's not "Wu-Tang Forever" Deck but it's pretty close to "The Movement" Deck which is good enough for me. He goes in raw on both verses, one of the best Wu-joints to drop in awhile. 4.5/5

3. Born Survivor ft Cormega (Prod. by Moss)
    Man......Cormega blacked out on this shit, his verse is a quotable, every bar is fire on here, I just wish the beat on this song was better, this could've easily been a 4.5/5 or higher, Deck comes through and shines aswell, but Mega is definitely the standout here. This was a dream collaboration in my eyes, it finally came true, they just needed a better beat. 4/5

4. This Is It (Prod. by Dtox)
    This tracks lacks because of the beat, and Deck is spitting the same shit we've heard since resident patient album, this one is very skippable. 3/5

5. Luv Letter ft Ms. Whitney (Prod. by INS)
    A little females joint right here, nothing wrong with this, Deck pours his feelings all over this beat for his woman, over a nice chill beat, Fes Taylor comes in and add his flavor to the track as well making this one a good effort. 3.5/5

6. P.S.A (Prod. by Lee Bannon)
    I can't make a decision about this track, one day I think it's wack, then another day I'm feeling it, Deck himself is spitting hard on this one without a question, just going straight in on here. Getting straight to the point. 3.5/5

7. T.R.U.E ft. MeShel (Prod. by INS)
    This is one of my favorites on this album, the realness on this track is undeniable, Deck is just doing his thing on here, I like everything about this track, from beginning to end. Hook is perfect for this song too, Deck let's his listeners know what time is on this one. 4/5

8. We Get Down (Prod. by INS)
    This is my shit right here, a lil uptempo track to change up the pace on the album, Deck goes in on here too, sounds a lil like a club track but it's all good, i'm feeling this shit, it took time to grow on me but it did. This is definitely one of the best tracks on this album. 4/5

9. The Big Game ft Raekwon & AC (Prod. by Mental Instruments)
    The Beat on here is weak, I was very disappointed by this one, this should've been the best track on the album, 3 verses wasted over a wack beat. But that's the problem with most of this album. 3.5/5

10. Tombstone Interlude (Prod. by J.Glaze)
    Nothing special after we've heard the intro, I think this was unnecessary but it gets you ready for the second half of the album. 3/5

11. 9th Chamber (Prod. by INS and Khino)
    This is straight wack, disrespectful to the original version by far. Beat is wack in every way and Deck sounds wack as hell on it, was not feeling this at all. Bad move disrespecting the original. 2/5

12. Really Real ft. Carlton Fisk & Fes Taylor (Prod. by INS)
    This is the best track on the album, from the beat which is hard but smooth if you know what I mean, the hook is smooth as shit, but its street at the same time, Carlton Fisk opens this shit up hardbody "Scarface, Angel, blood, & a chainsaw" this man has never spit a wack verse from what I've heard from him, and it gets better from there, Fes Taylor comes through and smashes his verse, flowing very well with the beat, and Deck just hits the home run on this one, this track is the streets. 5/5

13. Serious Rappin ft Termanology & Planet Asia (Prod. by Mike Cash)
    The beat on here is weak, Planet Asia sound sthe same on everything I've heard from him, Deck delivers, Termanology delivers but the beat turns you off. 3/5

14. Do What U Gotta (Prod. by Flip)
    This is actually an ok, track right here that "Kobe at the buzz of a 3" line almost made me turn this shit off but, Deck goes in on here, the hook could've been way better though, besides that this is pretty nice. 3.5/5

15. Crazy (Prod. by J.Glaze)
    This is pretty nice as well, Deck is flowing on here riding the beat nice. Beat isn't all that great this is where Deck does his job to keep the listener in tune and he does it.
    4/5

16. Gotta Bang ft Kurupt and Billy Danze (Prod. by Shorty 140)
    Disappointed. Kurupt is spitting idk what, Hook is weak, Billy Danze couldn't save it, Deck verse was aight, beat is wack. 3/5

17. The Bad Apple (Prod. by K.Slack)
    This is another iffy track one minute i like it, next day i'm skipping it, Deck defintiely does flow on this shit though, some of his best bars on this album, his first verse is just nasty, this is that "Movement" deck right here, this track is definitely hardbody. 3.5/5

18. Brothaz Respect ft Cappadonna and Fes Taylor (Prod. by Cee the Architech)
    This track lost all potential with Cappadonna's opening bars, Deck definitely does shine on here, Fes Taylor drops a good verse too, beat is aight nothing special. 3.5/5

19. 5 Star G (Prod. by Moss)
    Wack. 2/5

20. The Neverending Story ft Pleasant (Prod. by Agallah)
    A great way to end the album, deck goes in on this shit, this beat is fucking smooth for Deck's spitting on here, Pouring his pain on this track, he definitely needed more shit like this on the album, hook is nice as shit too, Definitely Top 5 on this album. 4.5/5

Beats - 2.5/5
    Lyrics - 4/5
    Overall - 3/5
    Last edited by Hollow Dartz; 02-06-2011 at 02:27 AM.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

-

Another wack album from Inspectah Deck LOL. I don't like his solo albums.