Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hollow Earth

Default Hollow Earth

the earths crust is 800 miles thick.
    the deepest hole ever dug is a little over 1 mile deep.

how do you know if the earth is solid to the core?

Quote Originally Posted by WUnded Fox View Post
    the earths crust is 800 miles thick.
    the deepest hole ever dug is a little over 1 mile deep.

how do you know if the earth is solid to the core?
    It's Not Solid... It's Liquid Metallic... Mostly Super Heated Iron Which Produces Our Magnetic Field... Has To Be The Truth Unless Our North And South Poles Are Made Of Magic... And The Sun Is A Super Nice Star That Decides To Shoot Charged Particles Around And Away From Us So We Don't Die...
    Last edited by Dwyck; 02-28-2010 at 02:32 AM.

isnt there supposed to be like a minuture type of sun type lava ball burning on the vry core of the earth.... all this time i think this 2 be true..

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!

'

I take it most people here have never used a compass.

skampoe's eye is open.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwyck View Post
    It's Not Solid... It's Liquid Metallic... Mostly Super Heated Iron Which Produces Our Magnetic Field... Has To Be The Truth Unless Our North And South Poles Are Made Of Magic... And The Sun Is A Super Nice Star That Decides To Shoot Charged Particles Around And Away From Us So We Don't Die...
    liquid metal is the only thing that produces magnetic fields?
    how do you know the core is liquid iron?
    is there any data that proves that the core of our planet is liquid iron?

Veteran Member

I heard of the 'hollow earth' thing.

Strange how Google earth does not show the poles clearly.

I am not gonna believe either way cuz nowadays I move towards realizing the truth with my senses and logic.

If I am to believe the hollow earth thing, I would just be doing what I did when I was told the earth is full of liquid - I would be believing what someone else says without proof.

I don't know.

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

Okay, let's put it this way. Earth is like a onion, it stinks and it's layered.

Now, the crust is solid, the upper mantle is half-liquid, lower mantle and upper core is liquid, and the inner core is solid.

How do we know that?

The look of outer mantle can be SEEN - just look at any volcano eruption and it's obvious how it looks in there.

About inner mantle, we know that it's liquid by careful observation of earthquakes. No matter how deep is the hypocentre of earthquake, quake waves spread in ALL directions, including in the depth of the earth. Now, it's been noticed that secondary quake waves don't spread as fast as primary (the ones that spread on the Earth's surface, which is solid), but rather with the speed characteristic to liquids (in case you didn't know, waves spread slower in liquid medium than solid). According to that, we know that the inner mantle is solid. Also, by trigonometric observations of spreading of quake waves, it's been noticed that there exist diffraction and refraction of those waves, which happens when waves pass through different (layered) mediums, which is proof that Earth is layered inside.

About solid core, you must know that Dwyck was wrong and that liquid metals DON'T produce magnetism, only solid can do that. Because Earth's North and South magnetic poles move, and in the unpredictable directions, a good explanation for this is that there is a huge solid, metallic object in Earth's centre that acts like a magnet. Sure, it's not 100% proven, but explains that phenomenon in the best way possible.

Source: two years of studying Geomorphology and Geology.

And about Google Earth, the thing is that those satellites that make pictures used on GE circle more-or-less around equator, to make best use of Earth's centripetal and centrifugal forces, and because of that they don't have clear view on Earth's poles.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

http://geology.about.com/od/core/a/about_the_core.htm

Core Dynamics

In 1996, Xiadong Song and Paul Richards confirmed a prediction that the inner core rotates slightly faster than the rest of the Earth. The magnetic forces of the geodynamo seem to be responsible.

Over geologic time, the inner core grows as the whole Earth cools. Iron crystals freeze out at the top of the outer core and rain onto the inner core. At the base of the outer core, the iron freezes under pressure taking much of the nickel with it. The remaining liquid iron is lighter and rises. These rising and falling motions, interacting with geomagnetic forces, stir the whole outer core at a speed of 20 kilometers a year or so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inner_core

Temperature

The temperature of the inner core can be estimated using experimental and theoretical constraints on the melting temperature of impure iron at the pressure (about 330 GPa) of the inner core boundary, yielding estimates of 5,700 K (5,430 °C; 9,800 °F). The range of pressure in Earth's inner core is about 330 to 360 gigapascals (3,300,000 to 3,600,000 atm), and iron can only be solid at such high temperatures because its melting temperature increases dramatically at these high pressures.

[In My Own Words]

There's No Reason That Super Heated (Liquid) Iron Couldn't Produce Magnetism... The Molecules Are Changed Obviously... But The Elements Are Still Iron... And I Would Have To Leave It Up To You To Disprove That Because I Can't... In Fact The Liquid Flow Enhances Movement Which Would Generate More Magnetism... There Is Plenty Of Pressure In The Earth's Center To Melt Iron... And Of All Places On Earth... The Center Would Logically Contain The Most Pressure... The Edges Of The Inner Core Is Where It's Believed To Be Cooling (Hardening) Some...

But As The Earth Cools Down Though It Will Gradually Become More Solid... So One Day Your May Get Your Wish... Sadly None Of Us Will Be Here To Celebrate It...

slim, since you actually know what you are talking about...

during and after an earthquake, how would you account for "shadowing" which is an area on the opposite side of the epicenter that does not experience the global wave?

how does volcanic activity prove the mantle's composition? do we know the source of pyroclastic flow? besides GZA?

are you familiar with admiral byrd's work?

Veteran Member

edit
    Last edited by diggy; 03-01-2010 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim T View Post
    Okay, let's put it this way. Earth is like a onion, it stinks and it's layered.

Now, the crust is solid, the upper mantle is half-liquid, lower mantle and upper core is liquid, and the inner core is solid.

How do we know that?

The look of outer mantle can be SEEN - just look at any volcano eruption and it's obvious how it looks in there.

About inner mantle, we know that it's liquid by careful observation of earthquakes. No matter how deep is the hypocentre of earthquake, quake waves spread in ALL directions, including in the depth of the earth. Now, it's been noticed that secondary quake waves don't spread as fast as primary (the ones that spread on the Earth's surface, which is solid), but rather with the speed characteristic to liquids (in case you didn't know, waves spread slower in liquid medium than solid). According to that, we know that the inner mantle is solid. Also, by trigonometric observations of spreading of quake waves, it's been noticed that there exist diffraction and refraction of those waves, which happens when waves pass through different (layered) mediums, which is proof that Earth is layered inside.

About solid core, you must know that Dwyck was wrong and that liquid metals DON'T produce magnetism, only solid can do that. Because Earth's North and South magnetic poles move, and in the unpredictable directions, a good explanation for this is that there is a huge solid, metallic object in Earth's centre that acts like a magnet. Sure, it's not 100% proven, but explains that phenomenon in the best way possible.

Source: two years of studying Geomorphology and Geology.

And about Google Earth, the thing is that those satellites that make pictures used on GE circle more-or-less around equator, to make best use of Earth's centripetal and centrifugal forces, and because of that they don't have clear view on Earth's poles.
    A Volcano is no proof at all that the Earth's core is no proof that the entire lower core and upper mantle are liquid. Would you want someone to assume that your entire 2nd and 3rd layers were made up of puss simply because you had mad zits on your face? Use the same analogy here.

An Earthquake is energy. Pure, raw energy. To try and guess the anatomy of a vehicle based on how fast energy is travelling through it, especially energy as raw as this, is a bit dangerous. Couple that with the fact that the speed is only being compared with a few other vehicles and not the possibility that we may be facing something that we know nothing about. Energy itself moves at it's own pace so there's no telling from one earthquake to another exactly what the inside is made of because it's all one big guess in the end for most of these scientific observations. Not to mention the fact that these scientists have to keep this information as acceptable and dummied-down as possible, in order NOT to have people going to their congressmen and presidents saying, "WTF else HAVEN'T you told us?!?!"

I'll present some historical moments later on that will shed some much needed light on this subject though. Meanwhile, for those of you that doubt that the Earth is Hollow, answer these questions.

-Why does one find tropical seeds, plants and trees floating in the fresh water of icebergs?

-Why is all of the ice at the North and South Poles made of fresh water?

-Why do millions of tropical birds and animals go FARTHER North in the wintertime?

-If The Earth is not Hollow, then why does colored pollen cover the Earth for thousands of miles?

-Why is it warmer at the Poles than it is 600 to 1000 miles away?

-Why does the North Wind in the Arctic get warmer as one sails North beyond 70 degrees latitude?

I look forward to any explanations. Scientific if possible, or at least semi-reasonable. No blind guesses to purge oneself of thinking outside the box. Please. Thank you.
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

Hollow Earth is an idea almost as old as when we gave up on an earth centered universe... So its probably not true... a lot has changed.

The heat issue on the poles has to do with the angle of the earth's tilt, im almost certain. But I haven't looked it up (I'm just roughing it out here with some logic), and clearly neither have you. The poles get almost as much light as the equator, but they're cold because of the snow reflecting light... The less snow the less reflection. So there is a band of cold sort of midway between the poles and equator.

Edit: Polar ice caps form because high latitude regions receive less energy in the form of solar radiation from the sun than equatorial regions, resulting in lower surface temperatures.
    Last edited by TheBoarzHeadBoy; 03-01-2010 at 05:40 PM.
    HANKERING FOR SOME BEEF CURTAINS

Earth's interior being "solid" is using definitions different from what we determine is a solid on the surface. From the mantle and the heat and pressure, the "solid" has both elastic and viscous properties.

In seismology the p-waves and s-waves determine the distinct layers. The p-waves dont go through liquids. The layer makeup is mostly determined by knowing the material density.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoarzHeadBoy View Post
    Hollow Earth is an idea almost as old as when we gave up on an earth centered universe... So its probably not true... a lot has changed.

The heat issue on the poles has to do with the angle of the earth's tilt, im almost certain. But I haven't looked it up (I'm just roughing it out here with some logic), and clearly neither have you. The poles get almost as much light as the equator, but they're cold because of the snow reflecting light... The less snow the less reflection. So there is a band of cold sort of midway between the poles and equator.

Edit: Polar ice caps form because high latitude regions receive less energy in the form of solar radiation from the sun than equatorial regions, resulting in lower surface temperatures.
    I noticed that you took the time NOT to answer any of the aforementioned questions with regards to the Hollow Earth.

To add on to that, the AURORA BOREALIS.

The scientists say, that this is caused by energized particles in Earth's Magnetosphere. The Magnetosphere encompasses ALL of the Earth. So, if this were true, shouldn't we be seeing the Northern Lights ALL OVER THE WORLD??? Why are these lights ONLY confined to Earth's North and South Poles??? It's because the Central Sun's lights only shine from such points.

F.Y.I. Earth isn't the only planet that's hollow. Mars, Jupiter AND Saturn have the very same Auroras shining from BOTH poles. Don't believe me??? Go to Google Images and type in Mars Aurora, Jupiter Aurora or Saturn Aurora and see that the truth is evident son.

Again, I'll be back with more in-depth detail with regards to this, but if you have the bronyaz to go to Google and check it out, you'll see that Man's science in this arena is NOTHING but semi-educated guesses.

Also, you still haven't touched on the fact that ALL ICEBERGS ARE FRESH WATER. Where is this fresh water coming from??? Get at me son.
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

Salt water cannot freeze at earth temperatures. The molecules won't do it. Its salt water minus the salt... Why isn't there salt in Rain? Doesn't Rain fall from the sky? Doesn't it come from the oceans too?

Earth isnt hollow. The earths core is magnetic. Its metal elements like iron and uranium and such. Its poles are where the magnets point. Thus the suns rays interact with the most magnetic points to create the auroras...

See I can argue with you and we're probably both wrong because we're both just making stuff up that sounds reasonable. And there are two auroras... Borealis and Australis... Magnetic North and Magnetic South.

From wiki:

Auroras are the result of the emissions of photons in the Earth's upper atmosphere, above 80 km (50 miles), from ionized nitrogen atoms regaining an electron, and oxygen and nitrogen atoms returning from an excited state to ground state. They are ionized or excited by the collision of solar wind particles being funneled down and accelerated along the Earth's magnetic field lines; excitation energy is lost by the emission of a photon of light, or by collision with another atom or molecule:

Last edited by TheBoarzHeadBoy; 03-01-2010 at 06:27 PM.
    HANKERING FOR SOME BEEF CURTAINS