Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hollow Earth

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prolifical ENG View Post
    You must have forgot the Dynamo Theory which explains that.

What we dont know is why Earth's magnetic field switches polarity on a geologic time scale. We can use a Double-Dynamo Theory to show how the period can suddenly change, but so far that's all science has unless something was recently uncovered that I havent read yet.
    Nah, that's it. A lot of people work on it, measuring latent magnetism in deep-ocean crust, but they still haven't found the right answers.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

I'm loving this Slim. Its good to have someone who understands physics at all. I wish I had more study of it, Junior Year is just really starting to look at it in school in any detail. Oh well I have 5 years at least of formal education ahead of me (no way in hell I'm not getting a Bachelors out of the system), so I'm sure I'll at least get some more understanding even its just liberal arts type stuff.

I love the shit like calculating the pull of gravity between objects
    g=G m1 m2/r^2 or other esoteric shit like that.

Makes me feel like I actually understand the world a bit. But I can't see it being a career.
    HANKERING FOR SOME BEEF CURTAINS

BuddaHazeMysteryDeepSpace pro.Graveface's Avatar

Earth got a hollow space because its spinning!!!!!!
    Art of Graveyardpoetry
    http://www.reverbnation.com/c./a4/21...86/Artist/link
    http://www.myspace.com/mc-gravespace
    Mother Yin Father Yang are my GrandParents!
    Graveface is now Gravespace

BuddaHazeMysteryDeepSpace pro.Graveface's Avatar

follow the hammerheadz!
    Art of Graveyardpoetry
    http://www.reverbnation.com/c./a4/21...86/Artist/link
    http://www.myspace.com/mc-gravespace
    Mother Yin Father Yang are my GrandParents!
    Graveface is now Gravespace

Quote Originally Posted by Urban_Journalz View Post

I'll present some historical moments later on that will shed some much needed light on this subject though. Meanwhile, for those of you that doubt that the Earth is Hollow, answer these questions.

-Why does one find tropical seeds, plants and trees floating in the fresh water of icebergs?

-Why is all of the ice at the North and South Poles made of fresh water?

-Why do millions of tropical birds and animals go FARTHER North in the wintertime?

-If The Earth is not Hollow, then why does colored pollen cover the Earth for thousands of miles?

-Why is it warmer at the Poles than it is 600 to 1000 miles away?

-Why does the North Wind in the Arctic get warmer as one sails North beyond 70 degrees latitude?
    Bahahahaha! You are killing me man!

Quote Originally Posted by WUnded Fox View Post
    the earths crust is 800 miles thick.
    the deepest hole ever dug is a little over 1 mile deep.

how do you know if the earth is solid to the core?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kola_Superdeep_Borehole

Duh.

O.k. valid point. What do you say about the fresh water icebergs and the fact that there is pollen, trees, baby mammoths found in Russian rivers with fresh grass in their mouths found in said icebergs and so forth??
    I have some questions for you. Where do icebergs come from?

More specifically, do they originate from collapsed glacial formations on land or do they develop at sea?

If they do originate from the land, where did the water within them come from?

Aside from this, sea ice (different to icebergs) in formed from salt water but is freshwater in composition. I'll let you do some research to figure that out.

I'm not sure what your point about the pollen, mammoths, and trees is. The Earth's climate has, in the past, been markedly different than it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Bahahahaha! You are killing me man!
    Good to know, but can you answer the questions??
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I have some questions for you. Where do icebergs come from?

More specifically, do they originate from collapsed glacial formations on land or do they develop at sea?

If they do originate from the land, where did the water within them come from?

Aside from this, sea ice (different to icebergs) in formed from salt water but is freshwater in composition. I'll let you do some research to figure that out.

I'm not sure what your point about the pollen, mammoths, and trees is. The Earth's climate has, in the past, been markedly different than it is right now.
    My point about the pollen is, since pollen comes from plants grown in a tropical or semi-tropical climate, how did they get there if the Earth isn't hollow?? The Mammoths? Come on dude, seriously?? Mammoths are said to be extinct, but since you know nothing about Admiral Byrd's flight to the North Pole, it would be asking a LOT for you to know what the point of this post is. If the Russians are finding baby mammoths frozen in ice with fresh ice still in their stomachs, then it obviously means that they're NOT extinct and that they sought habitation elsewhere. A few skeletons being found doesn't mean anything except that scientists found something to keep most people shut the fuck up. No offense.

Fresh water icebergs come from the fresh water icebergs come from the inner earth, because that's the only way that a fresh water mass could form so abundantly. Same reason why the mammoth was found in Russia. Where else could fresh water icebergs come from??

Also, I notice you very nicely avoided the Aurora Borealis comment that I listed earlier. Explain that one, since you have so much to speak upon and please remember that the magnetosphere circles the entire earth, so if, IF the Northern Lights are the result of energized particles being activated in the magnetosphere, then why don't we see these lights ALL OVER THE WORLD, instead of the North and South poles?? Could it be that the Aurora is the result of the rays of the Central Sun shining and not that pseudo-scientific bullshit?

I already answered your "questions" about pollen and aurora and you, very conveniently, didn't read my posts in order to continue pushing your agenda. So I am not going to repeat myself.

You obviously have no idea how much fresh water is there on Earth. Believe, it's more than you find in pipeline.

About mammoths, and what the hell did you expect if they became suddenly covered with snow or became near-instantly frozen in any other way? If you're frozen you don't age, and if you're dead you don't digest no grass.

I'd be really interested what C14 analysis would have to say about age of those mammoths.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

Quote Originally Posted by Slim T View Post
    A lot of mix-ups in a single post.

First of all, you can't even compare volcanoes to pimples. A zit is an inflammation of sebaceous gland. Volcano is not an inflammation. I explained how volcano works in previous post, so I won't repeat myself.

First of all, you can't see energy. Energy is a concept devised by scientists to explain why certain phenomena happens. What you can see, though, is work. Energy, as itself, can't move a sand grain: movement of sand grain is work. Energy that's "released" (although it has been there even before, in form of potential energy) in an earthquake is actually earthquake's work, which manifests itself in waving. Speed in itself is a measurable physical quantity and, although it can't tell everything about a structure of a vehicle, it can tell a lot.

And yes, it is a big guess in a lot of things, and that's why those things are called theories. Every geological research centre in the world is currently gathering data to support - or break down - those theories. That's what science does. It's not just intelectualizing, as most people's thing, it's mostly hard work in gathering and analyzing raw data; most of people don't know anything about that part of scientist's work, because, quite frankly, it's exhausting and boring, but necessary.

Yes, they do keep things dumbed-down in order that general public understands what they're talking about. I can now start throwing complicated equations and results of measurements in order to prove my point, but what would I achieve with that? I actually agree with what my high-school teacher told me: "Understanding without knowledge is blind. Knowledge without understanding is dangerous."

Never heard of that. Examples?

I must admit that's a good question. You can make your graduation thesis on that.

If you're talking about migration on Southern hemisphere, I think the answer is self-understanding: they're moving closer to equator, just as Northern animals are doing during their migrations.

Keywords: winds, aerosol. Earth's athmosphere is never still, it always moves. Pollen are so small particles that they're dispersed in air by the way of aerosol, and they're easily moved by any air movements.

Except for the answers you already got, you must look at the geomorphological structure of Artic/Antarctic. First, the coldest measured place on Earth, the Vostok station, is located on a plateau on 3488 m above sea level, which is approx. 2000 meters higher than pole itself, and don't forget that the temperature of athmosphere cools down by 1 Kelvin with every 200 m of height.

About North pole, it's located at sea and sea itself works as a temperature regulator. The coldest place on Northern hemisphere is Oymyakon, Russia, far away from sea and without the benefit of sea temperature regulation, and because of it's northern exposition, it has extremely low temperatures during winter.

Because north that 70 degrees altitude you have already passed the polar front, which is athmospheric phenomena that's cruical to weather in the Northern hemisphere. Even more than warmer, wind there becomes slower and therefore humans (and thermometers) register it as warmer.
    I can compare volcanoes to pimples, because both of them are places where an excess of matter is ejected at or near a surface of great mass. Be it the Earth or the Human Body. That being said, you still haven't managed to tell me why the Earth's interior is all lava simply because of a volcano or two.

Energy is a concept devised by scientists?
    Wonder what else those scientists cooked up that's being mistaken as natural phenomena. And I notice that with all the talk about energy, all you really managed to say was, "It's all a theory." Did it really take all that or were you trying to impress someone other than yourself?

What your high school teacher said makes sense only if you happen to have one of the qualities mentioned. Since people usually use quotes like that to shy away from the fact that thinking outside of the box, in it's TRUE essense, scares the shit out of them, you haven't said anything.

Graduation thesis? It really sickens you to admit that you have no idea, doesn't it?

As for the magnetosphere, even in your picture, it can be seen that it still spans the entire area of the Earth, meaning that even if the lights were further away, we could still see them. Unless you don't know this either, stars are much further away than that and we see those pretty clear, so try again.

I can compare volcanoes to pimples, because both of them are places where an excess of matter is ejected at or near a surface of great mass. Be it the Earth or the Human Body. That being said, you still haven't managed to tell me why the Earth's interior is all lava simply because of a volcano or two.
    Those "volcano or two" is actually hundreds of volcanoes, and by the way, where would you say that lava comes from? You think there's an area in Earth's crust where it appears out of nowhere?

Energy is a concept devised by scientists?
    Wonder what else those scientists cooked up that's being mistaken as natural phenomena. And I notice that with all the talk about energy, all you really managed to say was, "It's all a theory." Did it really take all that or were you trying to impress someone other than yourself?
    Can you see energy? Can you hear energy? Maybe I was off with my wording, but the point is that energy makes work and work is what moves everything. Your table, which doesn't move, has an exact amount of potential energy, so what are you gonna do with it?

Not to mention how you only read the first sentence of my paragraph and ignored all the rest.

What your high school teacher said makes sense only if you happen to have one of the qualities mentioned. Since people usually use quotes like that to shy away from the fact that thinking outside of the box, in it's TRUE essense, scares the shit out of them, you haven't said anything.
    The thing is that you know some stuff here and there, but don't understand a bit how it actually works, so you jump on any - literally ridiculous - pseudoscientist theory and think how you are now special because you think outside the box and how it all makes sense. Although it doesn't, because if you understood a bit more how stuff works you'd realize how idiotic this whole "inner sun" and "hollow earth" theory is. I mean, inner sun? How can you say that phrase with a straight face?

Graduation thesis? It really sickens you to admit that you have no idea, doesn't it?
    Not at all, and I think this is a good topic to be researched.

(You really think that I am ashamed because I don't know something? You clearly are - because you are the one who has an explanation for everything.)

As for the magnetosphere, even in your picture, it can be seen that it still spans the entire area of the Earth, meaning that even if the lights were further away, we could still see them. Unless you don't know this either, stars are much further away than that and we see those pretty clear, so try again.
    Further away, less dense, and I proved it's visible in tropical areas, so what's your point? Why don't you actually read a meteorology textbook once if you wanna argue your position?

To think outside the box, you need to understand thoroughly what's exactly in the box before you start looking outside of it. Also need a good reason to look outside of it rather than not wanting to bother to learn whats in the box.

My point about the pollen is, since pollen comes from plants grown in a tropical or semi-tropical climate, how did they get there if the Earth isn't hollow??

This might shock you, but the Earth's climate hasn't always been the same around the poles.

The Mammoths? Come on dude, seriously?? Mammoths are said to be extinct, but since you know nothing about Admiral Byrd's flight to the North Pole, it would be asking a LOT for you to know what the point of this post is. If the Russians are finding baby mammoths frozen in ice with fresh ice still in their stomachs, then it obviously means that they're NOT extinct and that they sought habitation elsewhere.

I'll stop you right there. Could you provide some evidence for the statement you made, a definition of "fresh ice", and how you made the massive leap of faith to "mammoths are not extinct".

Fresh water icebergs come from the fresh water icebergs come from the inner earth, because that's the only way that a fresh water mass could form so abundantly. Same reason why the mammoth was found in Russia. Where else could fresh water icebergs come from??

The sky.

Aside from that, like I previously inferred, sea ice, formed from salt water, is largely freshwater, because salt is excluded during the freezing process.

Also, I notice you very nicely avoided the Aurora Borealis comment that I listed earlier.

I didn't ignore it, it had already been answered more than once already.
    Larry David would probably tell you to read a fucking book. I'm not sure though.

Are you lot really debating if the earth is hollow? I'm at a loss with this entire situation.
    Bank heist in Kathmandu, it was a slaughter
    The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water