Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EPMD-Back In Business

-

Default EPMD-Back In Business

Back In Business was their last good album and it was their reunion album. I was glad they settled their differences because this album was needed for EPMD fans. I like the songs Da Joint(tight video), Never Seen Before(tight video), Do It Again, You Gots To Chill 97, Put On, Jane 5. Nice album pictures.

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

Yeah this a great album their last classic the first 4 were better this is the last one that's amazing unfinished is their best for me

-

I think their best albums are Business As Usual and Back In Business. I like Business As Usual album cover. I don't understand why there's a lot of cops and dogs and a helicopter after them on the album cover LOL.

Don't most people dislike Business As Usual? I always thought that was the least loved EPMD album...
    Last edited by KJR; 05-27-2013 at 08:10 AM.

-

Why would most people dislike Business As Usual? That album has a lot of good songs such as Hardcore with Redman, Jane 3, For My People, Rampage with LL Cool J, Golddigger, Rap Is Outta Control, Brothers On My Jock with Redman, Underground, Give The People What They Want(video version is better). I think their weakest albums are Out Of Business and We Mean Business. We Mean Business has some good guest appearances from Raekwon, KRS One, Redman. I forgot who else is on the album but there was some good rappers on there. I didn't like most of the beats. Out Of Business has the classic song Symphony 2000 with Method Man, Redman, Lady Luck. They did another Symphony song with M.O.P. but the one with Method Man, Redman, Lady Luck is better.

I dunno man, judging from Wikipedia, both Back In Business and Business As Usual were given mixed reviews from critics for whatever reason. Out of the two, which one do you like more Charles?

I don't think Back in Business is a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    I don't think Back in Business is a classic.
    how bout "Business As Usual"?

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

All 5 of their first records are dope Business as Usual is a classic I think maybe people hated on it when it came out but it's stood the test of time for sure!

-

Check Two, nobody cares about your gay opinion. KJR, i don't care what music critics said about EPMD's albums. It's hard for me to say which is better between Business As Usual and Back In Business because i like both of them a lot.

Fair enough. I think Erick Sermon took a different approach to producing BAU which is why some didn't like it as much.

-

KJR, have you heard Erick Sermon's No Pressure and Double Or Nothing albums? I love those albums. Lots of good songs on both albums. His Hostile collabo song with Keith Murray on No Pressure is his hardest song. Love the video too. I liked Keith's clothes he wore in Hostile video. He had on a black sweatshirt hoodie with blue jeans and brown boots.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Check Two, nobody cares about your gay opinion. KJR, i don't care what music critics said about EPMD's albums. It's hard for me to say which is better between Business As Usual and Back In Business because i like both of them a lot.
    Your post didn't make any sense fool.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    KJR, have you heard Erick Sermon's No Pressure and Double Or Nothing albums? I love those albums. Lots of good songs on both albums. His Hostile collabo song with Keith Murray on No Pressure is his hardest song. Love the video too. I liked Keith's clothes he wore in Hostile video. He had on a black sweatshirt hoodie with blue jeans and brown boots.
    Nah i haven't, I'll have to check it out

-

KJR, also check out Erick's Insomnia album which is a compilation of different rappers. Erick only has one song on the album. Redman and Keith Murray had videos from the album which were Funkorama by Redman and This That Hit by Keith Murray. Keith's song is actually called This That Shit. Both songs are tight and i like the videos. Erick also did another solo album called Def Squad presents Erick Onasis. You should check that out. The other solo albums he did called Music, React, Chilltown NY suck. PMD's solo album Shade Business is decent but i didn't like his Business Is Business and The Awakening albums. PMD did a hard collabo with Das EFX called Ruff, Rugged And Raw remix on Business Is Business. I like the video. His I Saw It Cummin song on Shade Business is hard. I like the video. Ice Cube and former NBA player Jalen Rose are in I Saw It Cummin video playing a videogame which looks like NBA Jams or Double Dribble LOL. Das EFX are also in the video but they don't rap on the song. They're being shown rapping in the studio.