View Poll Results: How important are career and money to you?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • The most important thing in my life.

0 0%
  • Career is very important, because I am hugely interested in the work I do.

1 7.69%
  • Money is very important, because I need a lot of it to live the life I want to live.

1 7.69%
  • They are important for other reasons.

7 53.85%
  • Not very important.

3 23.08%
  • Of no concern to me.

1 7.69%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Career and Money

Quote Originally Posted by THE FRANCHISE™ View Post
    Jesus this Noel characters posts are so fucking bland I swear the man can write 1000 words and not make any particular point about anything. If your gonna write all that much put some goddam substance to it, that whole post could of been written in one sentence the rest of it as just some wish washy prozac induced nonsense that really didnt need typing out.

He's like a Dawson's Creek rejected character idea.

Life isnt about being happy, we are driven by our subconcious and free will is an illusion. We are just another organism programmed and directed by our DNA at a level you could not comprehend. "Human Conciousness" is an illusion to help us survive and re produce. "Money and careers" is such a trivial aspect of anything -This isnt KTL. Go to an emotional life support group or something.

Human brains though have evolved to a point where the survival of the speices is supported by a quest for knowledge that can be passed down and expanded upon. This is different from all other animals on the planet. This is the true debate not some faggish emotional support about your material life because you done have any money.

I could go on but I dont think there is anyone else here with a scientific background that are understanding what I am saying. Because to me when you talk about the "point of life" and your convosation centres around "money and careers" it just shows to me you are at a pretty far behind in the scheme of things. You need to read more. Idk. I'd reccomend starting at Richard Dawkins, as a easy lead in.
    It's funny how every single time I post a thread you flock to it to tell me how painful it is to read my posts. You must really enjoy punishing yourself.

What's even funnier is the fact that you've just indicated that you think you're mentally superior to everybody else here, and yet in the past you admitted to wearing a WWMMD (What Would Method Man Do?) band on your wrist. What could be more ridiculous than this? And I know I keep going back to the whole WWMMD thing every time you make a pitiful, unprovoked attack on me (ie. every time I post a thread on here), but that is because your admission to being influenced in your actions by your rapping heroes makes everything you say instantly dismissable and voids any chance of me ever taking you seriously. Actually the fact that you even look up to rappers combined with the picture I have seen of you erase any possibility of me ever taking you seriously.

If you don't like my threads then stay out of them. There was a decent discussion going on here and despite what you no doubt believe, you have contributed absolutely nothing to it with your post. You're just a foolish and impressionable kid who has read a few science books and taken every word of them as the indisputable truth and gained a false and unwarranted sense of superiority at the same time. You have merely turned a mature and sensible discussion sour, with your childish hostility and repeated pitiful attempts to bring people down from the safety of your keyboard.
    Last edited by noel411; 03-12-2010 at 06:41 PM.

I'll Fuck You Up TeknicelStylez's Avatar

Money like Air it Ain't Shit Till You Ain't Gettin Any

Big Pimpin Power Ranger Slappin Hoes Since 1986

i think i'm high

career and money are the foundation of my happiness. i get satisfaction knowing that i'm good at what i do. it boosts my confidence tremendously. it feels good to be acknowledged and respected for something positive.

money is essential. you need money to survive i never undstood why some people are like "i dont need money." growing up i have never ever heard anyone ever say that.

i wouldn't mind being very wealthy, but its not a goal of mine. if it doesn't happen then im still good. but without money i could not do the things i need to do to keep my happiness. having more money gives you more options and more control of your life. it feels good to have money.

Realness