Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Prodigy through time...

PRODIGAL SUN

Default Prodigy through time...

how is it you sound smarter and use better words as a 20 year old and sound almost as dumb as shit when you hit your mid to late 30's? in prodigy's case...is it from the drug use or did he purposely try make himself sound more stupid cause it might appeal to more people?
    "Me and every other sane hip hop fan and critic knows that pac has no classics."
    - TAURO DA GRIM LATIN

^
    yes,true retard.

Not giving a fuck

'

The brain slows down unless your an ill dust head like ghost or rza.

Banned

i wish niggas understood the extent of prodigys sickle cell disease...

theyd have a whole lot more respect for dunn!!!!!!!!!

prodigy been getting hospitalized for weeks at a time drugged up since a lil boy, mix that with problems with drugs an alcohol as an adult, itll slow anyone down!!!!!!!! this nigga will be sitting down, and go blind in one eye for a second... think about that... its a draining illness, prodigy isnt using that deadpan delivery for effect!!!!!!!!!!!!

p still puts street science in his music, return of the mac and hnic 2 feature heavy slick talk with splash of math!!!!!!! i appreciate his longevity, go listen to "you can never feel my pain"... thats your answer!!!!!!!!!!

'

i got hnic pt 1 on right now, they don't make it like this anymore!

ALC and him are gonna come through with something that makes brains, crack veins and v8's explode in 10-11. I just know it.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by angry! View Post
    i wish niggas understood the extent of prodigys sickle cell disease...

theyd have a whole lot more respect for dunn!!!!!!!!!

prodigy been getting hospitalized for weeks at a time drugged up since a lil boy, mix that with problems with drugs an alcohol as an adult, itll slow anyone down!!!!!!!! this nigga will be sitting down, and go blind in one eye for a second... think about that... its a draining illness, prodigy isnt using that deadpan delivery for effect!!!!!!!!!!!!

p still puts street science in his music, return of the mac and hnic 2 feature heavy slick talk with splash of math!!!!!!! i appreciate his longevity, go listen to "you can never feel my pain"... thats your answer!!!!!!!!!!
    get the fuck out of here. seriously can you stop sucking every rappers dick to the fullest extent, its disgusting, for someone whos supposed to be angry you love every fucking rapper no matter what. prodigy doesnt sound wack nowadays because of fucking sickle cell he sounds wack because he doesnt give a fuck anymore

prodigy can still sound dope if he wants... sickle cell, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get your hand off the shift key faggot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHQlGYnlnOg

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

threadstarter is asking how a rapper went from being great in his prime, to not as good in his later years... that's fuckin retarded thats damn near every rapper under the sun nigga

Poet Of The Streets

Prodigy still the shit in my books. sure he aint as good as his prime (he still nice imo) but yo still makes ridic ill music. Not to mention he all but put ALC and SR on the map.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monkdude View Post
    get the fuck out of here. seriously can you stop sucking every rappers dick to the fullest extent, its disgusting, for someone whos supposed to be angry you love every fucking rapper no matter what. prodigy doesnt sound wack nowadays because of fucking sickle cell he sounds wack because he doesnt give a fuck anymore

prodigy can still sound dope if he wants... sickle cell, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your a fucking retard you obviously have no idea about sickle cell in your life

Its a deadly disease you moron, it will kill you eventually, not only that P does alot of drugs which also fuck up his immune system which makes the shit even worse. and on top of all that he's probably depressed because so many close people in his life have died pretty awful deaths, and his pops was a murdered heroin addic

your the one who needs to get the fuck out, you only come on this forum to hate on anything, just think about that

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Monkdude View Post

look at this dick scab releasing his bottled up feelings... save it for your shrink homo!!!!!!!

sickle cell has greatly effected prodigys quality of life, why is it so hard to believe its effected his music?!?!!?!?!! check a recent interview with p, he can barely stay awake, nigga been livin in pain his entire life, learn something about sickle cell... youre lucky to see 35, prodigy is in his 30's..

and contrary to popular belief, prodigy has NEVER been wack!!!!!!!!!! prodigy at his all time worst is still an elite street emcee, infamy is his worst performance ever, and he still has quotable verses!!!!!!!!! p at his worst is still dope!!!!!!!!

prodigy doesnt have the ability to physically spit at the same velocity he once did, the tempo is down, even still, he learned to work around it and he mastered the slow flow!!!!!!!!!

niggas will jock an artist like evidence of dilated peoples (dope artist) and shit on modern prodigy, when prodigys slow flow and mic presence is far superior!!!!!!!!!!!

return of the mac, hnic 2, product of the 80's, wack niggas dont drop 3 back to back bangers!!!!!!!!!!!

far from wack... niggas love to say prodigy fell off, ignoring the fact he still makes dope music, george foreman in his late title run wasnt the same foreman that fought ali, but he was still knockin niggas the fuck out!!!!!!!!

back to your crawlspace monk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

Prodigy through time...
    how is it you sound smarter and use better words as a 20 year old and sound almost as dumb as shit when you hit your mid to late 30's? in prodigy's case...is it from the drug use or did he purposely try make himself sound more stupid cause it might appeal to more people?
    I won't speculate on his personal life or health since I don't know him in real life to tell what he goes through day to day, it's a fair way to guess about the highs & lows of his craft though, from a fan's perspective.

I think P's lyrics have changed according to the times, I don't have a problem with him:

1991-1994 more people showed pride in expressing intellect, so did the Mobb during their debut (also known as Poetical Prophets)

1995 - 2000 the street intellect was still there, but people started to drift into more simple party lyrics during the late 90s, at least in the mainstream. Mobb did a good job staying relevant with songs like Quiet Storm and Burn

2000 to about 2005 was a weird phase, hardcore rappers were now becoming singers while trying to represent the realness of the streets at the same time. People got carried away with a simple formula of party-radio records which left serious MCs in a hard place. This is when Mobb went indie on Landspeed.

2006 - Present: With the rise of the internet and free music, there was no more choice but for groups to put their best work out, instead of follow formulas & trends for the money. At this point I've been feeling like I'm hearing Prodigy & Havoc start putting out their best work again.

Is Prodigy's lyrics today more simple than the early 90s? maybe, but I feel like their art has grown and transformed well with the times. I think Havoc on his album The Kush was the most change in lyrics I ever heard btwn the 2 of them.

In the cycles of living real life I can't expect anyone person to remain the same forever, all I can hope for is they do their best each time.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

DAMN I forgot all about this video..real shame this song never made the album. This is classic joint, classic beat, classic video. P's just on his opium den flow..

Damn that track is straight fire

actually since jay eithered his ass homeboy aint been the same and i love prodigy to death... but he basically when from manchild to childman.... as far as his vocabulary and sentence structure... i still respect his music... but prodigy can be 1000000000 x's a better artist than what he is today!
    http://images.meez.com/user07/3/9/3/0/8/3/9/3930839_bodyshot_175x233.gif

PRODIGAL SUN

look at this dick scab releasing his bottled up feelings... save it for your shrink homo!!!!!!!

sickle cell has greatly effected prodigys quality of life, why is it so hard to believe its effected his music?!?!!?!?!! check a recent interview with p, he can barely stay awake, nigga been livin in pain his entire life, learn something about sickle cell... youre lucky to see 35, prodigy is in his 30's..

and contrary to popular belief, prodigy has NEVER been wack!!!!!!!!!! prodigy at his all time worst is still an elite street emcee, infamy is his worst performance ever, and he still has quotable verses!!!!!!!!! p at his worst is still dope!!!!!!!!

prodigy doesnt have the ability to physically spit at the same velocity he once did, the tempo is down, even still, he learned to work around it and he mastered the slow flow!!!!!!!!!

niggas will jock an artist like evidence of dilated peoples (dope artist) and shit on modern prodigy, when prodigys slow flow and mic presence is far superior!!!!!!!!!!!

return of the mac, hnic 2, product of the 80's, wack niggas dont drop 3 back to back bangers!!!!!!!!!!!

far from wack... niggas love to say prodigy fell off, ignoring the fact he still makes dope music, george foreman in his late title run wasnt the same foreman that fought ali, but he was still knockin niggas the fuck out!!!!!!!!

back to your crawlspace monk!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    first off, 35 is an exaggeration. second, there is nothing wrong with slowing your flow down, the thread starter asked why prodigy sounds like such a dumb mother fucker now. i still like prodigy but sitting here saying that sickle cell is the reason that he cant make complex rhymes anymore is a wack excuse. p-noid is right jay ruined his career.

second, ghostlaced, i dont have to speak to you. we joined in the same month and you got 17,500 more posts than me LOL. please dont tell me why i come to this board or whatever, clown