Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in a afterlife?

Default Do you believe in a afterlife?

Do you believe in the spirits survival upon the death of the human body?

What is your view of the afterlife?

Is it scientificaly plausible?

How can you achieve this state of existence?

I personally believe that the concsiousness must be built up during life, must be upgraded and evolved in order to survive "death", i think people who disregard their potential of the concsiouness and focus on material worldy concepts will not survive death.

I personally believe our conciousness is a network interlinked to all sentient beings, i believe it is energy that will transmutate upon death of host, to find a new host, or in buddhist philosophy be one with the universe upon reaching Moshka.

You must see past the veil during your earthly existense, even a glimpse will prepare you enough for the metamorphosis i believe this glimpse into enlightenment can be attained through meditation, self control, selflessness and divine sacrements.

When i die i want a sky burial, a buddhist tradition where our body is placed on a high plinth to be eaten by the vultures, who then carry you away in different directions, your vessel lies inside them, bringing the sustience to their newborn.

*shifts back into normal conscious state
    Bank heist in Kathmandu, it was a slaughter
    The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water

No.

Only thing close might be a final dream that your body produces from leftover energy.

What makes you so sure?

Quote Originally Posted by SHALLAH JUSTICE View Post
    What makes you so sure?
    Nothing magical like that happens during life, why would it start after?

Are you telling me you havent felt people watching you even though your backs turned?

You have never felt someones energy when they enter the room?

Lol. Our brains generate electricity and our bodies release chemicals. It's not so far out of the possible to suggest our nervous systems and senses are sharp enough to pick up these energy transmissions within a relatively short distance. We can think what we want, but it's not that outside the realm of possibility. Dogs can follow scents better then we can, it's not unlikely that we can with our more developed brains pick up on other people's thoughts. It's like if someone had a wireless hub and two computers were using it for internet. They'd be aware that another computer is there. They're transmitting energy and such. So it's noticeable but not very. Very sensitive brains might be able to pick up a bit more then that. We can call them psychics, but they're just more sensitive to electro magnetism or whatever.

So if someone is focused on you and they're pretty close you might feel anxious because we evolved to pick up their brain transmissions so that we don't get ambushed by predators. It's just an age old thing. It's like how my dog seems like its looking at stuff that's not there, but I'm sure she's picking up stuff we don't because our senses are on different levels. She might hear something far away and cock her head and we'll think she's being dumb since she's randomly staring at a wall, but its not the wall she's focused on.
    HANKERING FOR SOME BEEF CURTAINS

Every notion anyone has of a soul, spirit, internal energy etc. has been generated by activity from within their brain.

The concept of an afterlife, some propose, serves an evolutionary purpose. Hence why religious societies have prospered.

People are more than willing to sacrifice themselves (literally or conceptually) for the greater good, if the promise of an afterlife is embedded in their minds.

Evolutionarily, these groups of people who had the ability to tolerate the shittiest of lives, were much more successful.

Unfortunately, that's kind of where it end.

Intuition, deja vu and other quirks of the brain are just that. Easily accounted for quirks.

The brain ceases to function, it decays, and with so do our grand visions of post life and spirituality.

A harsh reality i guess.

Yes our body decomposes, it rots, within 6 weeks it will be covered in millions of parasites and insects, within years it will be stripped bare with only the skeleton left, but who said that's THE END.

Very little is known about consciousness in the scientific world, it has been boggling the minds of scientists for a vast millenia i believe it is yet to be evolved to it's full potential, we only tap into about 5% brain power, Einstein used 6% and founded the principles that make up the universe.

It is more then electrical signals, it is verging on the parapsychological, we just haven't tapped into it yet.

Energy never dies.

I'm too lean to carry this on, but you catch my drift...

Ive never died and I never will, because I am light and love. Im a spiritual being haveing a human experiance right now. When this vessel breaks I'll probably get in another one because I dont truely know myself. Hopefully one day I will. As Shallah said to even catch a glimpse of reality can set one free but catching that glimpse is very very hard.
    Impermanence on this plane of reality/where criminality, brutality freely dwell/ Truth is a casualty in this hell/ Karma reins with divine causality, then its swell--StrangeLoveSurreal

From one human being to to another i wish you luck on your journey....

Veteran Member

Energy never "dies" but the components of your consciousness aren't pure disorganized energy, but a highly complex network of cells, signals, and chemicals that need your brain matter to exist. When your brain matter decays, that energy is converted into something else, but it's not an organized consciousness anymore. "You" cease to exist at that point. I think this is a pretty obvious concept to grasp.

Just think of people with brain damage or in vegetative states. Whatever has malfunctioned in their brain has completely changed their consciousness. Terry Shaivo was physically (though artificially) alive, but her conscious brain activity was dead. For all intents and purposes, "Terry Shaivo" ceased to exist. Phineas Gage was in an accident that caused an iron rod to launch into his head and destroy part of his frontal lobes. He survived, but he became a completely different person afterward.

So let me ask you. If you believe in the afterlife, which Phineas Gage survived death? The old Phineas Gage or the new one? Does only a fraction of a brain damaged person's energy go to the afterlife? (Since dying is the equivalent of 100% brain damage).

I believe in God and his promise of an eternal life for those who do good and eternal punishment for those who do evil..and for those who say it`s all b.s remember.....

JESUS LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

peace be with you !

From one human being to to another i wish you luck on your journey....
    Thats whats up.......same to you........Peace
    Impermanence on this plane of reality/where criminality, brutality freely dwell/ Truth is a casualty in this hell/ Karma reins with divine causality, then its swell--StrangeLoveSurreal

Yes our body decomposes, it rots, within 6 weeks it will be covered in millions of parasites and insects, within years it will be stripped bare with only the skeleton left, but who said that's THE END.

Very little is known about consciousness in the scientific world, it has been boggling the minds of scientists for a vast millenia i believe it is yet to be evolved to it's full potential, we only tap into about 5% brain power, Einstein used 6% and founded the principles that make up the universe.

It is more then electrical signals, it is verging on the parapsychological, we just haven't tapped into it yet.

Energy never dies.

I'm too lean to carry this on, but you catch my drift...

Yeah, i catch you drift, and no one can definitively say what happens after death.

I'm only basing my conclusion on reasoning, while other conclusions are based on either faith or intuition.

No one is wrong or right, because no on knows what is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Energy never "dies" but the components of your consciousness aren't pure disorganized energy, but a highly complex network of cells, signals, and chemicals that need your brain matter to exist. When your brain matter decays, that energy is converted into something else, but it's not an organized consciousness anymore. "You" cease to exist at that point. I think this is a pretty obvious concept to grasp.

Just think of people with brain damage or in vegetative states. Whatever has malfunctioned in their brain has completely changed their consciousness. Terry Shaivo was physically (though artificially) alive, but her conscious brain activity was dead. For all intents and purposes, "Terry Shaivo" ceased to exist. Phineas Gage was in an accident that caused an iron rod to launch into his head and destroy part of his frontal lobes. He survived, but he became a completely different person afterward.

So let me ask you. If you believe in the afterlife, which Phineas Gage survived death? The old Phineas Gage or the new one? Does only a fraction of a brain damaged person's energy go to the afterlife? (Since dying is the equivalent of 100% brain damage).
    Ah, Phineas Gage, probably one of the first things they made us study in PSYCH1101.

You make good points.