Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOP and Mobb Deep signed to G-unit it happened

DJ /Tastemaker/Asskicker J-Ronin's Avatar

Default MOP and Mobb Deep signed to G-unit it happened

I was at Headcourterz (formerly known as D&D) which is now owned by DJ Premier. MOP was getting filmed by BET. Fox thier manager was telling me that they are signed to G-unit as is Mob Deep. They all had these crazy diamond encrusted watches that had a spinner on the top. I managed to get my mixtape off to people at BET, MOP, DJ Premier, some people at INterscope and somebody at Damon Dash Music Group.

Just letting y'all know the deal before the websites tell y'all. It happened. MOP has several Dre Beats already.

Gotta get back to work

peace fam
    ALL ELEMENTS vol. 12 hosted by M.O.P. out now!! - vol.11 hosted by Jadakiss in stores now
    www.twitter.com/jronin
    www.twitter.com/savkillz

Default Re: MOP and Mobb Deep signed to G-unit it happened

This is sickening, truly sickening.

The same people who made Ante Up and many other grimey shit, are gonna be on the label who made 'Wanna Get To Know Ya'?

This is a lame attempt by G-Unit to win back some credibility in NY, since they good as got the whole of NY on their back. Let's hope this 'Bullet X' by Nas is really something special.

Now known as Defcee Definitive X's Avatar

MOP over a hard-hitting Dre beat? SHIIIIIIIIIIITTTT...and J-Ronin, I'd like to talk to ya in a minute...

"Got heat for everybody/watch the microphone burn..."
    =Akrobatik

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blast

The same people who made Ante Up and many other grimey shit, are gonna be on the label who made 'Wanna Get To Know Ya'?

This is a lame attempt by G-Unit to win back some credibility in NY, since they good as got the whole of NY on their back. Let's hope this 'Bullet X' by Nas is really something special.
    shut up

MOP and MOBB DEEP are going to get some serious push now.......they were as good as done in the rap industry.......I am stoked!

Whatever you think of 50 CENT, you have to give him props for signing some hip hop legends.

Like it or not SHADY/AFTERMATH/G Unit are a force now

"Dawnin' On A New Day..." AK Spray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tical2000
    shut up

MOP and MOBB DEEP are going to get some serious push now.......they were as good as done in the rap industry.......I am stoked!

Whatever you think of 50 CENT, you have to give him props for signing some hip hop legends.

Like it or not SHADY/AFTERMATH/G Unit are a force now
    ^^^Yo, that's one way to look at it... The other way is this.. Their lyrics will decrease in quality GREATLY. I've already heard it in their song with 50... Shit's weak... They (Aftermath peeps) have a looow standard set for them... They gonna have people tellin them that lines like "Escalades with 20's, i'm into gettin money." are the illest shit since Rakim... And they gon' continue to make shit like that, and so on, and so on... It's sad, so Ima just enjoy all the older M.O.P. that i have...

And to anybody that thinks that the reason their lyrics suck now is cuz they fell off, that's not the reason.. They had a song that was released like 6 months ago on sum Kayslay tape called "Instigator".. you listen to that, anad u can hear how grimey that they still is....

ONE

If you don't agree with my opinion, don't tell me to shut up. That's just ignorant.

As AK Spray said above me, their lyrics will decrease considerably.

M.O.P were over Premier beats anyway, if the dre beats you talk so highly of are anything like the standard of his beats on Encore, then I sure as hell can do without them.

As for Mobb Deep, it won't be Infamous type music we will be getting, it will be more 'gangsta mtv' shit, so it will be like Amerikas Nightmare, but worse. Prodigy fell off a long time ago anyway.

If you don't agree with my opinion, don't tell me to shut up. That's just ignorant.

As AK Spray said above me, their lyrics will decrease considerably.

M.O.P were over Premier beats anyway, if the dre beats you talk so highly of are anything like the standard of his beats on Encore, then I sure as hell can do without them.

As for Mobb Deep, it won't be Infamous type music we will be getting, it will be more 'gangsta mtv' shit, so it will be like Amerikas Nightmare, but worse. Prodigy fell off a long time ago anyway.
    Ya dude, PRODIGY has always been one of my favorite mc's in the game..........but ever since JAY-Z released "takeover", PRODIGY has rapped like a man who has lost his nutsack........like INFAMOUS, HELL ON EARTH, MURDA MUZIK, HNIC.....PRODIGY raps like a man possesed..........listen to INFAMY and AMERIKAZ NIGHTMARE and he sounds like half the man he used to be....

maybe being signed to G-UNIT, will light a fire under his ass, and he will bring some more heat........

.....I am going to wait to make any judgements on there albums untill I hear them......like who cares if 50 CENT is on a couple songs on there albums, as long as 80% is on the grimy shit........like ALCEMIST is EMINEM's new DJ, so you know ALCHEMIST will still produce alot of the tracks.

It's not the standard of Prodigy's rapping I am worried about Tical, although I see your point, any Mobb is better than no Mobb right?

It's just any Shady/Aftermath potential that they do have, they seem to ruin with wack guest appearances just to get shine. Take for example the crazy beat by Scott Storch given to Busta Rhymes for his first single, what happens? To sell records they put Eminem on rapping about poo poo and manure.

m.o.p. good for them, maybe they'll get done right with 50 and get their needed exposure since they got fux0red on their last endeavor

mobb deep is played out already imo ... signing with g-unit will either rejuvenate their career or this is jumping the shark and they gone
    i dunno

IT CAN BE A GIFT AND A CURSE SO LETS JUST HOPE THAT THEY WONT BECOME INFECTED WITH THE G UNIT SUPER STUPID NONESENSE WEAK COLABOS.

AND DOES ANYONE KNOW IF PRODIGY NEW LP H.N.I.C Prt 2. IS GONNA BE UNDER G UNIT RECORDS?

Yow i dont know bout yall but any mobb track is betta then no mobb track they both still tight ..i find lately on mixtapes n shit its the beat..(ie-We got this prod by alch) and many more (the system) with that wack chorus..amerikaz nightmare was hot..but it wasnt hell on earth..they gotta go back n find beats like hellonearth n apostles warning n shit..to go anywhere, mobb over dre..be good but nothen like there old shit..just think of Live Foul..the same old type dre beats...who knows mabey they surprise us all..i hope...as for mop..i think its good for them..premier beats were gettin old..n there not as powerful as dres, well some of them.... anyway ..mop would be dope over necro beats i think heh

Quote Originally Posted by TrueDciple
    AND DOES ANYONE KNOW IF PRODIGY NEW LP H.N.I.C Prt 2. IS GONNA BE UNDER G UNIT RECORDS?
    Probably not, they signed the group Mobb Deep. Prodigy, as a solo artist, is probably signed to Infamous Records or ALC Records. I don't know for sure, we'll see...

Peace.

DJ /Tastemaker/Asskicker J-Ronin's Avatar

New MOP joints will be on ALL ELEMENTS vol.2 by myself and 4th Disciple. Should be out before next weekend
    - J
    ALL ELEMENTS vol. 12 hosted by M.O.P. out now!! - vol.11 hosted by Jadakiss in stores now
    www.twitter.com/jronin
    www.twitter.com/savkillz

HAHA shut up, do you really think mop are gonna go soft?

In the ways of the world today
    It's so easy for us to stray away
    Trying to keep our mind from all the drugs and crime
    Material things keep us blind

Fuckin' Left

i think this is sick, G-Unit are great rappers, minus Game cause well hes feelin himself a tad too much, but good to non the less.

MOP and Mob Deep are good, hopefully this is a chance to revolutionise the raw with the mainstream, ya know...more of a unite-ness between, so we can all make good music and not stero type everybody by what 'form' of rap everyone spits, i just hope they try to come out with something more positive with this deal and spit some real, not just how grimey they are/can be, its overdone, i hope mor epeopel also respect what they're doing also