Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats with all these "Divine Mathematics" people ignoring the laws of physics

Quote Originally Posted by Slim T View Post
    @ Regulas:

Let's put aside that all that right-left brained theory has not been proven and that, as for now, is still a fairytale, I'll just say something about mathematics.

For example, when complex numbers were invented, Gerolamo Cardano didn't have in mind no applicable use for them and just used them to find a theorietical solution for rooting negative numbers. Yet, those numbers have found a whole lot of applications, starting from quantum mechanics to signal analysis.

It works in other ways too in the science. If you don't realize that "western-type" science works in both ways, analytic and synthetic, you don't realize how it works.

While making a theory, scientists do invent terms to sut their equations. That's the analytical part. Then the synthetic part of science work starts: a long, boring, painstaking process of collecting data that will either prove the theory works - or crush it and replace it with a better theory. People don't know about the second part, because, as I said, it's boring (just imagine sitting in front of a computer for eight hours a day, gathering data from measuring stations and then putting all those measurements into an equation), but it's crucial, because only with such a synthesis we can prevent that all that analysis and theorizing gets out of way. Data, data, data, and then synthesis of all that data, to get a correct picture of what's going on in the world.

To conclude my rant, two things:

Medicine doesn't support alternative medicines because there is no sufficient data to - synthetically - prove it works;

F = m × a is not enough and no self-respecting scientist would say it's that simple.
    Slim T,

There are several areas where I differ with your opinion,

Just because something is new to you doesn't make it a fairytale, especially in this day and age, ie. google it. In fact this type of thinking really slows progress, if new ideas and possibilities are immediately riddiculed and discounted not much will change.

I am aware of synthesis in "western" science, the problem is that this synthesis is only applied to the particular equation or the topic at hand and again many things aren't considered; for instance how the big bang theory states that the universe came from a singular particle and exploded from there and created everything that exists today and this also explains why the universe is still expanding. The first law of physics states that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. So while the big bang theory 'explains' why the universe expands, there is a convenient avoidance of the origin of the original particle as well as the opposite reactive force to the initial "bang".

There is tons of data on alternative medicine's, the real reason for the reluctance is the difficulty to make money off of the treatments, similar to the real reason certain drugs are illegal, not because their harmful(cigarettes and booze kill more people than everything else combined) but because weed for instance doesn't leave the user with anything to treat(make money off of) than munchies and itis.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoarzHeadBoy View Post
    The constitution was written by a group of people with different ideas in conflict. Many were against slavery. Some were in favor. Most didn't think Black Males were actual Men the same way we know that a chimp or dolphin is smart but shouldn't get the rights and responsibilities of man.

The differences between East and West medicine is a debate between Science and Philosophy. I was watching the film Frankenstein in school and they say in it that acupuncture is designed to realign bio electrical flow. This is of course fiction, but its similar to actual thought that it effects the passage of signals through the nerves. (Although I would think those are the same thing since the nerves send the bio electricity around...)

We didn't know. We had faith in those ideas. Anyone who did the math would have told you it wasn't. We've know the earth curved for millenniums not centuries. No one thought the world was flat with any education in the middle ages. Thats some dark age myth that somehow we assume lasted in the renaissance even after people rediscovered/reproved that it was curved. All the ancient knew it was a sphere. It's really obvious there is a subtle curve. That's why there's a horizon... Everyone assumes the ancients were dumb, but they were just as smart as we are, just less educated. I'm sure even not knowing the earth curved if I really thought about it I'd figure it out.

It doesn't matter. You can't be cured of death, so all medicine is treating death. No one can cure it. Thus it doesn't matter if you make the cancer go away or not as long as you curb it and control it so it doesn't lead to pain, sickness, or death.
    All you are doing here is proving me right. You started this thread with a question, I provided an answer to it:"not all disagreements occour because someone is 'dumb' as you so eloquently pointed out in your post, but because a person's view and understanding is based on how they process information."- with a good scientific theory to back it up.

Instead of synthesizing or looking at all of the information I presented, you analyzed the info and took a part of it to further your opinion without addressing the answer that you asked for-This is what politicians do, and it doesn't get them to far at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    both. if you have cancer, and they remove your cancer, which they do, then you've been cured of cancer.

being that we live in a free society they can't PREVENT your ass from getting cancer. they advise, tell you what can help, and the surgeon general has taken decisive visible steps towards prevention.

they treat cure and prevent, that's why you get vaccines as a kid and our society has 'sick days'.

I dont like the fact that some ppl bash things just cause its conventional. its a practice service and business homie. what's wrong with that? it works
    When people don't like something in others it is most often because those "others" are doing something that we dislike in ourselves but don't own up too.

You are the quinessential person on this forum who "bashes things because it's conventional".

I don't have issues because that's what the cool kids here do, I have issues with our society in general because I don't think this is the best we can do.

To say that nyquil, heart transfusions and the like work and are reasons medicine should remain the same is like saying the horse and buggy works, why would anyone want a horseless one? Or the conbustion engine works why change?

east/west medicine:

eastern medicine treats the cause of the ailment by analyzing the imbalance of energy.

western medicine treats the effect of the ailment by analyzing the result of an imbalance.

west does not like to accept that concepts like energy imbalances because it doesn't fit their reality. yet in the same breath they will tell you that matter is energy. e=mc2

they will also use techniques like light and sound therapy, accupressure and meditation...but...they use the light and sound at frequencies that we can't detect with our senses. they also use synthetic means to sedate or relieve pain.

sometimes these methods can be destructive.

east divides energy into hot/cold & dry/wet energy and into (fire earth water wood metal) or (fire water earth air) depending... there is a fluctuating balance between these forces. imbalance can physically manifest as certain ailments.

since all physical reality is made of vibrating energy, and since the body has a magnetic field that is created by flowing energy and since we generate electricity...

idk man, its like you stick your dick in the pussy. if it feels good, it feels good. you can do 100 million calculations and measurements on the pussy to find the source of the goodness, but chances are its either all of the things combined that make it good(holistic) or its something that can't be measured (metaphysical).

often the west is reactionary instead of preventative. but there is less money in preventative medicine.