Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who said a freestyle spit off a blackberry couldnt be hot!!

Quote Originally Posted by THE FRANCHISE™ View Post
    Your getting worse and worse as a poster these days.

Goddam looks like im gonna have to post again in this pathetic thread

Your missing the point. Its not because its a blackberry, it doesnt matter what he's reading it off. Imagine if a mf fro mthe 90's came into a radio station with a notepad and started spitting his freestyles off a notepad off the radio???

WhAT IT SHOWS is that these fggots arent natural MC's. A real MC could walk in a kick a quick 16 with his eyes closed. Thats what they say is just full of corny punchlines and clever wordplay, non of it is them speaking from the heart, cus they dont have heart.

Look at that Rae and Ghost vid I posted. Theyre just kickin it. Just saying how they feel. They havent got to come up with witty lines or any of this ullshit. Its just natural because its just THEM BEING THEM. Theres no acting.

Joel is acting.

Hes playing the role of a rapper. Like I always have said.
    Gimme a break. Show me one Wu-Tang freestyle from the group where it's not a bunch of lines from their songs littered together. Show me one original off the cuff freestyle. Go ahead, I'll wait.

it's kind of lame, but at least it's honest...we can see they are reading from a blackberry, as opposed to the people who say they are 'freestyling' even though it's a verse from their album, and one of their cronies can finish each bar for them.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    NO YOUR'E MISSING THE POINT. WHAT"S WRONG IF A MC WANTS YOU TO HEAR SOMETHING HE JUST COOKED UP ON HIS WAY TO THE STATION? Raekwon and Ghost are kicking it with rhymes they had stored in the brain for a long ass time. And stop coming up with dumb shit "Imagine if a mf fro mthe 90's came into a radio station with a notepad and started spitting his freestyles off a notepad off the radio???" niggaz in the 90's already had most of their shit either prewritten or they came off the head which is unheard of nowadays. I really don't like replying to you, you go off topic every fucking time. Your lost...you really are I'm sure Joell & Drake could've EASILY spit some shit that was on their mixtape...

We obviously have very different ideas about what you respect in a rapper.

Me personally I happen to respect a natural rapper who can just go in and kick somethin off the top. Even if its prewritten (of course it normally is), at least he still able to just kick it without thinking. As soon as you start reading from something - your trying to hard. Simple as that.

FOR EXAMPLE

believe it or NOT this first free bizzy did was completely off the top. He freestyled it. This is not a pre written. Obviously he had some of those lines in his head already. But he winged it.

^THATS how a motherucker tears shit down in a free. Look at that man, hes fucking posseseed. imagine a nigga like that brining some shit in to read from!!!!! LMAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    Gimme a break. Show me one Wu-Tang freestyle from the group where it's not a bunch of lines from their songs littered together. Show me one original off the cuff freestyle. Go ahead, I'll wait.
    all he's going to do is foam at the mouth and talk shit for several paragraphs without backing up his point. debating him= . everytime. but it's fun to tease a cockeyed brain-damaged dog sometimes.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

We obviously have very different ideas about what you respect in a rapper.

Me personally I happen to respect a natural rapper who can just go in and kick somethin off the top. Even if its prewritten (of course it normally is), at least he still able to just kick it without thinking. As soon as you start reading from something - your trying to hard. Simple as that.

FOR EXAMPLE

believe it or NOT this first free bizzy did was completely off the top. He freestyled it. This is not a pre written. Obviously he had some of those lines in his head already. But he winged it.

^THATS how a motherucker tears shit down in a free. Look at that man, hes fucking posseseed. imagine a nigga like that brining some shit in to read from!!!!! LMAO!!!
    This shit is a prewritten! No point was proven here. I'm done with ya'll niggaz...I got other shit to do. Drake and Joell could've easily did the same thing in those videos, they just decided to let ya'll hear some new shit they cooked up. And I don't see what's the big deal, ya'll actin like they go to every radio station and read off their blackberry. LOL ya'll niggaz crack me up im out...
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Banned

NO YOUR'E MISSING THE POINT. WHAT"S WRONG IF A MC WANTS YOU TO HEAR SOMETHING HE JUST COOKED UP ON HIS WAY TO THE STATION? Raekwon and Ghost are kicking it with rhymes they had stored in the brain for a long ass time. And stop coming up with dumb shit "Imagine if a mf fro mthe 90's came into a radio station with a notepad and started spitting his freestyles off a notepad off the radio???" niggaz in the 90's already had most of their shit either prewritten or they came off the head which is unheard of nowadays. I really don't like replying to you, you go off topic every fucking time. Your lost...you really are I'm sure Joell & Drake could've EASILY spit some shit that was on their mixtape...
    this nigga is a bird...

he was in the drake thread telling niggas to leave drake alone, but couldnt post one example of drake killing a track!!!!!!!!

now hes in here defending niggas that read rhymes off their phone when its time to freestyle!!!!!!!!!

you think joell is the first person to write a verse specifically for radio!?!?!?!?!

real emcee niggas memorize their bars... if you gotta read it, save it for the studio!!!!!!!!

every emcee should have at least one 16 they can fall back on in their head!!!!!!!!

i never seen any emcee pull out his phone or a piece of paper and start reading rhymes when it was time to hit the booth during rap city or drop a freestyle for the wake up show!!!!!!!!!

^^^^ these rhymes were clearly written for this radio appearance... you think em would ever spit a verse off his phone!?!?!?! NAHHH. its off the head!!!!!!!!!!!

^^^ IMAGINE ANY OF THESE NIGGAS RHYMING WITH A NOTEBOOK IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!! ACCORDING TO HOLLOW, IT WOULD BE PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!

you got niggas defending this kinda bullshit, making excuses for niggas, cot damn shame!!!!!!! hollow... you a FRAUD my g!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh snap, Hollow Dartz is done wif y'all niggaz. Shit just got real...or stopped being real. I can't tell. Wait, what's going to happen now that y'all are done wif dem niggaz? Does that mean they can't even visit for Easter dinner? No ham Hollow? No West Virginia salt cured ham?

Banned

This shit is a prewritten! No point was proven here. I'm done with ya'll niggaz...I got other shit to do. Drake and Joell could've easily did the same thing in those videos, they just decided to let ya'll hear some new shit they cooked up. And I don't see what's the big deal, ya'll actin like they go to every radio station and read off their blackberry. LOL ya'll niggaz crack me up im out...
    this nigga loves him some drake!!!!!!!!!

^^^ this wack ass nigga is struggling to rhyme over INCARCERATED SCARFACES while reading lines right off his phone!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats like failing a open note test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he couldnt kill it... with his lyrics right in front of him!!!!!!!!!!

this nigga must record 2 bars at a time in the studio.. because he cant spit a continuous 16 to save his fuckin LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

and another thing

what about the flow/delivery? have they got that written down to?

for these guys its all about lyrics. all the other sides that go into making a rapper - they havent got

ive seen countless classic freestyles that were classic NOT for what they were saying but HOW they were saying it and the energy and rawness they bring.

you can save a free with your flow alone. in fact. in a free i'd say its 70% the most important thing how you kick, rather than what your saying.

I hate bringing up that word Swag again but it comes back down to that. If youve got enough swag you can pull off a frestyle saying ANY fucking thing. Its about the presence on the mic. Thats why no one listens to rappers like Ortiz because they have no natrual presence.

Take Eazy E for example. Not what you would call a great lyricist. But he had a fucking HUGE presence on and off the mic, just how he SAID shit made him the shit. Same as Snoop. Or Slick Rick, Imagine Rick going to a radio show with a notepad.

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

Any MCs on this forum? This thread brought some interesting points of judgement for the artform I haven't seen here yet. If you're just a hip hop listener that's cool to have an opinion on the topic of using a device, but I'd like to hear an MC respond as well to find out their views.

I can understand a fan wanting to see an MC without a reading device because the MC's natural performance ability is a large part of what defines hip hop.

I think the MC puts his heart into the rhymes once he imagines, invents and types them out regardless. As long as I don't hear any fakeness or flaws once he performs them, then it's cool with me.

I guess it depends on where they are at while spitting and if they care whether they're being videotaped. Maybe some people don't care if it's @ the radio station, but for the stage show in front of many live people most likely it's different.

I don't care if they're reading if rhyming on radio, but if it's the stage, video or live cypher then yeah, I might look at them funny.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fatboybrandon View Post
    Any MCs on this forum? This thread brought some interesting points of judgement for the artform I haven't seen here yet. If you're just a hip hop listener that's cool to have an opinion on the topic of using a device, but I'd like to hear an MC respond as well to find out their views.

I can understand a fan wanting to see an MC without a reading device because the MC's natural performance ability is a large part of what defines hip hop.

I think the MC puts his heart into the rhymes once he imagines, invents and types them out regardless. As long as I don't hear any fakeness or flaws once he performs them, then it's cool with me.

I guess it depends on where they are at while spitting and if they care whether they're being videotaped. Maybe some people don't care if it's @ the radio station, but for the stage show in front of many live people most likely it's different.

I don't care if they're reading if rhyming on radio, but if it's the stage, video or live cypher then yeah, I might look at them funny.
    brandon with another good post!!!!!!

i been rapping since i was a kid... and shit like this always irked me!!!!!!!

i was always taught to have at least 16 bars in my head that i can drop at anytime!!!!!

i was also taught to rap on the first beat the DJ spins, this aint pick and choose, make it work!!!!!!!!!!!

before i lay a verse, i memorize it, but ive seen cats able to spit seamlessly off the pad, in all actuality, joell coulda fooled me had i not seen video!!!!!!!!!!!

when you been rapping a while, if you spit a verse say 5 or 6 times, you should have majority of the rhyme and delivery memorized!!!!!!! i might not remember it a week from then, but if i write a quick 16, and read it in my head 5 or 6 times, itll be in my head long enough to get it out!!!!!!!!!

bar memorization... trigger words... i dont know that emcees practice this kinda shit like they used to!!!!!!!!!!!

you might not be able to spit your favorite verse starting from the middle, but if you get the first line you start spilling!!!!!!!!!!!

countless classic freestyles are previously recorded verses, but its the ability to make the verse and rhyme schemes match the beat youre spitting on that make you standout!!!! the best emcees wont tell you to switch the beat, theyll make the ADJUSTMENTS as an emcee!!!!!!!!! they can recycle bars while flipping the FLOW!!!!!!!!

that drake funk flex debacle is one of the saddest displays of live spitting ive ever seen!!!!!!! no exaggeration!!!!!!

back in the day, when we used to record on cheap equipment, wed force ourselves to memorize verses because we had one take to get it all!!!!!!!!!!!!

so many of these emcees today are punching in every 2 bars, their verses are copy paste jobs!!!!!! pro tools got niggas overstacking vocals!!!!!!!!! id like to see drake spit a full 16 in the studio, i bet its 2 lines... punch... 2 lines... punch.... thats corny too me!!!!!!!!!! too many emcees relying on punch ins these days!!!!!!!!! kool g rap used to spit 32 bars of flawless heat in one take!!!!!!! big l, eminem, twista, 2pac (he was GREAT at using punch ins for EFFECT), same thing!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by angry!; 03-13-2010 at 12:22 PM.

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

oh, ok now I understand better, it's an area of hip hop that people are scared of lazy-ness growing because of technology. I haven't heard someone reminisce & break down those basic elements of MCing in a good while, thanks for that angry!

After seeing your posts I can't imagine what a single album or verse from you might sound like, probably a cross between the outrageous humor of Big L, BIG or Apache and the aggressive, rip your head off attitude of Onyx.

Quote Originally Posted by angry! View Post

^^ wouldnt pop the same if he was reading it off his phone would it!?!?!?

first you say this than 15 minutes later you say that you wouldnt be able to tell it was written on the blackberry if there wasnt a video for it??? than what fucking difference does it make?????!!!!!

is it sexier if a guy is spitting with his hands free or something???

what if he wrote that coming up the stairs to do this interview???

what the fuck are you on guy???

Cap your a joke son. Your as corny as the bullshit rappers you listen to.
    SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT...

- YOU ARE THE PASTY GUY THAT DESPERATELY WANTED EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD TO BELIEVE HE WAS BLACK...

- Your location apparently is THUGISM whahahahahah down syndrome muthafucka

-you're the guy that made the following threads...

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84096

^^ a thread where this stalker ass wigger shows pictures of ghost's house which looked on the internet for all night...

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86053

^^ "why are my hero's clipse making music with rick ross, dont tell me these guys arent really drug kingpins " whahahahaha

and theres lots more of these son.

and im corny?? hang yourself for the good of everybody please.

Hes playing the role of a rapper. Like I always have said.
    this is the biggest bullshit ever written in the hip hop shop.
    this makes absolutely no sense. so you're saying he's pretending to be a rapper cus he talks about his skills and rapping itself. THE GUY IS A RAPPER!! ITS HIS JOB!!! OH but you prefer when these guys talk about selling crack, being kingpins, being serial killers etc.... shit that only a wigger from england would believe... dumbass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i guess KRS-ONE, rakim, ,nas, BDK, kool g rap, big pun, big L and them all were pretending to be rappers.

failing ass wigger!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by angry! View Post
    brandon with another good post!!!!!!

i been rapping since i was a kid... and shit like this always irked me!!!!!!!

i was always taught to have at least 16 bars in my head that i can drop at anytime!!!!!

i was also taught to rap on the first beat the DJ spins, this aint pick and choose, make it work!!!!!!!!!!!

before i lay a verse, i memorize it, but ive seen cats able to spit seamlessly off the pad, in all actuality, joell coulda fooled me had i not seen video!!!!!!!!!!!

when you been rapping a while, if you spit a verse say 5 or 6 times, you should have majority of the rhyme and delivery memorized!!!!!!! i might not remember it a week from then, but if i write a quick 16, and read it in my head 5 or 6 times, itll be in my head long enough to get it out!!!!!!!!!

bar memorization... trigger words... i dont know that emcees practice this kinda shit like they used to!!!!!!!!!!!

you might not be able to spit your favorite verse starting from the middle, but if you get the first line you start spilling!!!!!!!!!!!

countless classic freestyles are previously recorded verses, but its the ability to make the verse and rhyme schemes match the beat youre spitting on that make you standout!!!! the best emcees wont tell you to switch the beat, theyll make the ADJUSTMENTS as an emcee!!!!!!!!! they can recycle bars while flipping the FLOW!!!!!!!!

that drake funk flex debacle is one of the saddest displays of live spitting ive ever seen!!!!!!! no exaggeration!!!!!!

back in the day, when we used to record on cheap equipment, wed force ourselves to memorize verses because we had one take to get it all!!!!!!!!!!!!

so many of these emcees today are punching in every 2 bars, their verses are copy paste jobs!!!!!! pro tools got niggas overstacking vocals!!!!!!!!! id like to see drake spit a full 16 in the studio, i bet its 2 lines... punch... 2 lines... punch.... thats corny too me!!!!!!!!!! too many emcees relying on punch ins these days!!!!!!!!! kool g rap used to spit 32 bars of flawless heat in one take!!!!!!! big l, eminem, twista, 2pac (he was GREAT at using punch ins for EFFECT), same thing!!!!!!!!!!
    LMAO at this guy giving mc'ing advice to anyone, these guys you are hating on have rapped all over the world. you still live with mommy and post angrily on wutangcorp.com whahahahahah if this doesnt strike you as funny you need a special bus to drive you to school.

ok guys that is all for now.

proceed with the L's...

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    Exactly.

These faggits act like any of these are actually freestyling.

If i posted a video of a guy who actually does freestyle, like Eyedea, they'd complain about him being white and corny.

Fucking fruits.

Me personally I happen to respect a natural rapper who can just go in and kick somethin off the top. Even if its prewritten (of course it normally is)
    haha

You fucking idiot.

Angry and lacey talking about integrity as if there not some sad fucking hip hop stans.