• 4: Banger

8 61.54%
  • 3: Good

2 15.38%
  • 2: Boring

0 0%
  • 1: Wack

0 0%

Thread: A Tribe Called Quest - "Beats, Rhymes & Life" (1996)

Default A Tribe Called Quest - "Beats, Rhymes & Life" (1996)

01. "Phony Rappers"
    02. "Get A Hold"
    03. "Motivators"
    04. "Jam"
    05. "Crew"
    06. "The Pressure"
    07. "1nce Again" (Ft. Tammy Lucas)
    08. "Mind Power"
    09. "The Hop"
    10. "Keeping It Moving"
    11. "Baby Phife's Return"
    12. "Separate/Together"
    13. "What Really Goes On"
    14. "Word Play"
    15. "Stressed Out" (Ft. Faith Evans)

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

I'll give it a 3, I'm a massive ATCQ fan but this is my least fav of all their albums

Id give this shit a 4/5, maybe even a 4.5/5. Great album, maybe just lacking a tiny little something that made the previous two such classics, but it is up there with them. Tribe pretty much released 4 flawless albums.

The less said about "The Love Movement" the better though.

-

Durag, you tripping about The Love Movement. That's a tight album. Find My Way is the only wack song on there. Beats, Rhymes And Life is very good. I wish the songs weren't short though. Songs being too short is the same problem i had with The Love Movement but both albums are good.

damn i wrote a long-ass review for this but my internet browser fucked up and the shit got deleted. this is a real tight album though, i don't agree at all with all the hate this caught; to me this sounds like a very natural progression from "Midnight Mauraders". as Durag says, there's a little something missing that makes it an ultimate classic like the two previous joints but i'd still put this above The Quest's debut. the beats on here are mere perfection, they are a little moodier but the ill jazz and funk samples meshes perfectly with Tribe's more somber lyrics - people complain that shit wasn't as possible and fun as the previous LP's but this is the place the group was in while recording the album so of course this gonna reflect that and that's how it should be!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Durag, you tripping about The Love Movement. That's a tight album. Find My Way is the only wack song on there. Beats, Rhymes And Life is very good. I wish the songs weren't short though. Songs being too short is the same problem i had with The Love Movement but both albums are good.
    i agree, "The Love Movement" isn't as good as the 4 other Tribe albums but still a very solid joint. i didn't like it too much first times i heard it but it really grew on me, don't know how you're gonna say "Find A Way" is a wack track tho since that's one of the best on the entire LP.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

i love this Lp allot more than previous tribe albums maybe because this album felt like it spoked 2 me at the time of when it came out in '96 but still a great lp none the less and i have it on both cd and vinyl

-

Beats Rhymes And Life album cover is nice and i like album pictures too. Only album covers of their's i don't like is the first album and the last album.

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

not their best...but they never made a wack album in my eyes. a banger for sure.

-

What are you talking about it's not that good? It's better than their first album and the last album.

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    damn i wrote a long-ass review for this but my internet browser fucked up and the shit got deleted.
    I hate when that happens. I never have the energy to re-write it.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted

-

I love Tribe's 1nce Again song and video. Phife made me laugh when he said my rhymes are harder than last night's erection hahahahahahahaha. If you front, I put my foot up in your freaking chest LOL. You have mc's dropping bombs that's incredible. Some other brothers, their style is just despicable LOL. Try to deny me of my props and i'll be seeing you LOL. Most of you suckers wanna be down for the tag along LOL. The freaking fame. Someone tell them that this shit ain't games LOL.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

-

Props to Tribe for having my woman Faith Evans sing on Stressed Out song which they did a video for. I wanna be Faith's man so bad LOL.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.