Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Transhumanism - Do you believe in it?

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A Dean Of Virus View Post
    wow nice straw man there bud. Save your "love conquers all" bullshit...please.
    troll

Quote Originally Posted by WARPATH View Post
    So....

Selfishness,

Apathy,

and

Arrogance

Are the keys to eternal life.

Not trying to launch a personal attack, I'm just saying......this is what you are telling me.
    Where did you get those words from?

What's arrogant about whating a better quality of life for human beings.

What's selfish about wanting people to be truely happy.

If you knew you had 200 years on your clock imagine how sweet every day would be, imagine, just imagine.
    Bank heist in Kathmandu, it was a slaughter
    The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water

Quote Originally Posted by SHALLAH JUSTICE View Post
    Where did you get those words from?

What's arrogant about whating a better quality of life for human beings.

What's selfish about wanting people to be truely happy.

If you knew you had 200 years on your clock imagine how sweet every day would be, imagine, just imagine.
    Selfishness- To prolong your life longer without regard for the relationships you forge in life.

Apathy- The indifference to those relationships in return for eternal life.

Arrogance- The idea that you will obtain eternal life because your life style of meditation (in trying to see through an illusion) is superior to those who do not think like you.

Even with the ability to prolong your life, you would never, NEVER know if you still had 200 years left.

Look, this is where I'm coming from. I've had my brush with death on more than one occasion. I've been shot at, in several bad car accidents. I lost my brother a year ago in car accident. A girl-friend in high school to a car accident. My child hood friend shot by the police, another by a gang member, and another in a car accident.

Anything can happen. Each day is not promised.

Of course it's not, it's the security which makes people happy, the stability of knowing they got a certain amount of guaranteed years on this planet.

Obviously shit happens, but if it doesn't it would be nice to know your natural age limit.

An act of God

Love is a misfiring of neurons to some....
    What makes love any more real than a sugar high you get from eating chocolate?
    What makes it any more meaningful then some corn ball hallmark greeting card which was written to prey on that very emotion in order to gain cash?

I don't know if I believe in love as anything more than a misfiring of neurons, but I know we are all dependent on it. If you don't have it for a long time you cease being you...

I know that from personal experience.

^Disagree, I'm living proof that it is possible to enjoy life without loving people. BTW WARPATH...nice rep. "GTFO FAGGOT" really brings the message home. Where's that love you were talking about just a minute ago?

An act of God

^Disagree, I'm living proof that it is possible to enjoy life without loving people. BTW WARPATH...nice rep. "GTFO FAGGOT" really brings the message home. Where's that love you were talking about just a minute ago?
    I enjoy life, but that's not even what I implied.
    You aren't the same person when people get cut off. The relationships you carry are what make you YOU.
    When you drop those, your outlook, attitude and personna are permanently altered.

that is to say, without love, YOU as you are with family and friend ceases to be.
    You die.... in a manner of speaking.

Going back to Shallah Justices remarks, if you're dead, do you really think you're going to care about whether or not you become worm food?
    Enlightenment, if you think being enlightened only happens during life, what's the point in building yourself up to that state, knowing you're going to die anyway?

Just so you can look down on others?

I think immortality is a noble quest, but to simply seek spiritual fullfillment?
    I have a question, what if there is no basis to spirituality? What if there is nothing greater than what's already in front of you? What if the only enlightenment to be found in life is by understanding and adapting to it's finite nature and all this interconnected conscious you feel is nothing more than what love seems?
    A false misfiring of nerves?

Wouldn't that make anyone who seeks it a complete ass for wasting his time with it?

Some people accomplished greatness by putting their lives in constant peril and even when they failed they were and still are remembered as heros. What worth is there in living a long but mediocore life?
    Last edited by Rollo; 04-06-2010 at 03:42 AM.

I'm talking about first of all the people in my immediate cipher, then community, then nation....

after that I could give a fuck. Who the fuck are you?

Do you need me in your quality world? Show some fucking respect then. No? Then fuck off, I don't have no time or love for hoes.
    Last edited by Slippy The Pimp; 04-06-2010 at 04:07 PM.

...looks like you missed the sarcasm. Still, "GTFO FAGGOT" is lame, you could've come up with something better.

You aren't the same person when people get cut off. The relationships you carry are what make you YOU.
    When you drop those, your outlook, attitude and personna are permanently altered.

that is to say, without love, YOU as you are with family and friend ceases to be.
    You die.... in a manner of speaking.
    It's only a negative to go without love if it's a positive to live with it. You can't lose what you never felt in the first place. That's just for me though...for pretty much everyone else in the world though, what you said is dead on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Going back to Shallah Justices remarks, if you're dead, do you really think you're going to care about whether or not you become worm food?
    Enlightenment, if you think being enlightened only happens during life, what's the point in building yourself up to that state, knowing you're going to die anyway?
    Enlightenment is the realization of how the world is enginnered, what the fuel is and how to avoid the scrapyard, i believe that if your concsiousness is built up to such a high degree, it will survive death and become a sentient entity, thats my point of view anyway.

up