Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: All black people told to leave Walmart over the loud speaker?(HOMOTHUG)

Default All black people told to leave Walmart over the loud speaker?(HOMOTHUG)

Victoria Arter was stunned by the loudspeaker announcement.
    "Attention, Wal-Mart shoppers," she recalled hearing the calm male voice begin. "Will all the black people please leave the store. Thank you."

Her shock turned to anger, Arter said, when more than five awkward and frightening minutes elapsed before management at the Wal-Mart in Turnersville came on the public address system.

"We waited and waited. Some people just left their carts in disgust and said they couldn't believe it," said Arter, an African American woman who was shopping at the store on Route 42 when the announcement was made shortly before 7 p.m. Sunday.

Wal-Mart Stores Inc. is cooperating with the Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office and Washington Township police, which are investigating the event as a possible racial-intimidation crime. More than 10 African Americans have signed a complaint with police.

"We're just as appalled by this as anyone," said Ashley Hardie, a spokeswoman for the discount-store chain, "and anyone who did this was wrong."

Law enforcement is examining surveillance tapes inside the store. But the P.A. system can be accessed from 25 telephones in the building, and not all are within camera range, said Bernie Weisenfeld, spokesman for the prosecutor.

The 24-hour superstore has about 700 employees, many of them part-time, and some of the store's phones are accessible to the public, Weisenfeld said.

Last year, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission charged Sam's Club, which is owned by Wal-Mart, with violating federal law by allowing a work environment hostile to Latino employees. Since the 1990s, the EEOC has filed about 60 additional discrimination actions against Wal-Mart.

"This is despicable," Phil Warner, coordinator of the NAACP's chapters in South Jersey, said of the announcement. "It's 2010, and we're still facing those issues."

Warner said he hoped Wal-Mart would take quick action if the person responsible for the announcement can be identified.

"Whether it was a prank or whether it was serious, the level of insensitivity is apparent and is a reminder there's still a need for people to work toward decency and equality," said James E. Harris, president of the New Jersey NAACP Conference.

Shortly before police arrived at the Wal-Mart, an assistant manager broadcast an apology to customers still in the store.

Arter, an assistant bank manager from Sicklerville who said she has frequently shopped at the Wal-Mart, said she was still upset by Sunday's events and was boycotting the store.

After it happened, said Arter, 29, the whole store fell quiet. Then people got on their cell phones, she said. Soon, customers were asking the management for answers.

The incident could have ended much worse, she said.

"It could have led to violence," Arter said. "It could have triggered someone who was having a bad day. I don't want to be an innocent bystander to something because of someone's not-so-funny joke."

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/lo..._Wal-Mart.html

Dude your threads are fucking GOLD.
    Bank heist in Kathmandu, it was a slaughter
    The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water

Veteran Member

What the hell? That's why I shop at Target.

This is hilarious, I'm surprised a riot didn't break out. Anyone offended by this is way too sensitive.

LMAO @ QOP So Target is coloured friendly? haahahahahahahahahah, yea right. Security is watching you the second you enter until you leave, belee dat.

Keep firing, assholes! Mai Wang Tu Phat's Avatar

I knew a black guy once, shit didn't end well.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    This is hilarious, I'm surprised a riot didn't break out. Anyone offended by this is way too sensitive.

LMAO @ QOP So Target is coloured friendly? haahahahahahahahahah, yea right. Security is watching you the second you enter until you leave, belee dat.

That's in every store.

Wu Vatican

^gotta stop stealing stuff then!!
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by SHALLAH JUSTICE View Post
    Dude your threads are fucking GOLD.
    Said by the lame fat dude who is the most hated at the forum by far.

wow that was crazy, if i would have been at the walmart trust ma werd i would have started a riot, i would have walked outta there with atleast 2 ps3 n 2 360elites just for my pain and anguish....

now that i think of it, im going to my nearest walmart here, im gon find that psa fone where its outta a camaras range and im gon say that, start a riot of looters, and im tearing thru the jewelery display shit.....

watch me.

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!

{>____<}

I don't see what's so funny about this. And of course the whites who posted in this thread would think that it's funny. You people really don't have anything to say besides ignorant bullshit that your parents taught you so shut the fuck up.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Fingerblasting Champ Teh KillaBee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I don't see what's so funny about this. And of course the whites who posted in this thread would think that it's funny. You people really don't have anything to say besides ignorant bullshit that your parents taught you so shut the fuck up.

kill yourself

Are you fucking happy now?! I can't believe I have to post a picture of my shit in order to shut you faggots up! And this is me!

Keep firing, assholes! Mai Wang Tu Phat's Avatar

What do you mean "you people"?

the funny thing was that some black people actually left the store when instructed to.

target sells watermelon soda.

You don't think anything is funny. You're a stale breadstick in a bakery fresh world. An utter and complete buzzkill for all humanity to shun. Like the guy above said, kill yourself.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by WUnded Fox View Post
    the funny thing was that some black people actually left the store when instructed to.

target sells watermelon soda.

Ha. Do they for real?