04. Lazer Gunne Funke
    05. In The Night / While You Slept
    06. Smoke (Ft. Blue)
    07. Blood Sport (Ft. Lil' Fame)
    08. CaDILLAc
    09. Expensive Whip
    10. Kaklow (Jump On It)
    11. Digi Dirt (Ft. Phat Kat)
    12. Dilla Bot Vs. The Hybrid (Ft. Danny Brown)
    13. Milk Money
    14. Spacecowboy Vs. Bobblehead
    15. Reality TV (Ft. Black Thought)
    16. On Stilts
    17. Fire Wood Drumsticks (Ft. DOOM)
    18. Glamour Sho75 (09)
    19. 10,000 Watts
    20. 9th Caller
    21. Make It Fast [Unadulterated Mix] (Ft. Diz Gibran)
    22. 24K Rap (Ft. Raekwon & Havoc)
    23. Big City
    24. Pay Day (Ft. Frank Nitty)
    25. See That Boy Fly (Ft. Que D & Illa J)
    26. Coming Back
    27. Mythsizer
    28. KJay And We Out

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

i saw this at the store the other day and didnt grab it, smh @ myself

yo claaa, i know you a BIG Dilla fan, how is this?

good album. i like the concept of how its like a radio show. i actually need to listen to it a lot more than I have. i think its his best posthumous album.

i let this one sink in for a while and despite being a huge Dilla fan i'm always a bit skeptical when it comes to posthumous work from any deceased artist. i don't like the fact that the artist who's work is being presented didn't have the last word as far as what's gonna be used, sequencing, guests, mixdown and everything. Ms. Yancey handles her late sons legacy well by calling in close friends (Karieem Riggins; The Shining) and musical idol as well as fan and friend, DJ Pete Rock, for this particular project who arranges the music in a radio-show/vintage mixtape fashion.

this album blew my expectations out the water; Dilla left so much dope unreleased material behind him (reading articles about him you realize he was a beat-making machine who breath music). most of the shit on here consists of the best beats from the Motown 2005 beat CD's, it's mostly more of the late soulful sounds Dilla messed around with on his last few projects ("Donuts", "The Shining", "Jay Loves Japan"). With over 30 beats stacked in an hour, every sound on here impress and with the super-tight mixing The Chocolate Boy Wonder showcases it never gets dull or boring - actually far from it.

between instrumentals Pete Rock throws in various skits, classic radio excerpts, friends and fans paying dues as well as a good mixture of guest MC's getting a donut to spit a hot 16 over. it's a good mix of local friends from the "D" and world-renown rappers that respected and was respected by Dilla when he was alive. The most victorious of these collaborations are without a doubt Lil' Fame's two parts neckbreaker "Blood Sport" - after the extensive usage of vocal samples of MOP in JD's music it's great to finally hear one of them mash out over a Dilla banger.

this doesn't sounds rushed at all and it's amazing to see an album like this materialize a good 3-4 years after the actual artists death; i would say this is the best and most complete posthomous J Dilla album we've gotten so far. I just hope we'll see a "Jay Stay Paid Volume II" as good as this soon enough.

4.5/5 (considering the circumstanses)

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Its on some other shit. Guest spots are where its at for me because alot of the beats ive had for years but some of them are brand spankin funkin new, or the really short ones off his beattapes like fourty seconds long that I always had on repeat were lengthened with vocals layed on top so yea im happy. Astro-Nomical might be too high, this is a really good tape but astro nomical is reserved for what dilla would have givin us had he been alive, so I give this an unadulterated rating.

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

I love this album. I wont consider it with his higher pieces of work, but its still great to me

It was the first piece of music I heard after like 6 months of being away, so it really hit me hard

'Coming Back' is so smooth man

^ word, 'Coming Back' and 'Mythsizer' was such a dope way to close the show with. that 'Mythsizer' is the original instrumental to Frank-N-Dank's "Ma Dukes" from the shelved "48 HRS" LP on MCA; the vocal mix to that version has never surfaced (though the remix on the bootleg is DOPE).

i NEED that shit! NOW!!

Banned

good review claa...

big ups to pete for getting this project done...

i heard niggas criticizing pete for the mixing of the album, claiming dilla drums wouldve knocked harder had he put on the final touches, if dilla was gonna let anyone touch his drums, its pete rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i too loved the skits... preem, pete, dilla woulda loved it!!!!!!!!

guest features were mashin, black thought goes ape shit, HAVOC delivers one of the rawest verses ive heard from him in years, lil fame got grizzly, and raekwon had he hottest verse of the album IMO... i cant get enough of that joint... flow, voice, cadence, slang, bars... flawless!!!!!!!!!!!!

i copped when it came out and still spin it regularly... dope compilation and a tasteful posthumous release!!!!!!!! throw it up there with big l's the big picture, project was handled with a great deal of care!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its taken me a while to get into this, i just need to listen to it more, coz ive dug all of Dilla's releases so far. I bought it with about 8 other albums at christmas so i probably havent given it the time it deserves.

i finally copped it and it was worth every cent...the instrumental "on stilts" alone was worth the money! daaamn dilla

Quote Originally Posted by 11th Chamber View Post
    'Coming Back' is so smooth man