Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Wu Massacre First Thoughts...

My thoughts:

-It's short, that's for sure lol. But that's not a problem for me.

-Not a bad track. I'm not too crazy about Dangerous, as i'm not feeling those synths horns. And i may be one of the few who feel "That Wu Shit", dope old school beat and it brings some variety in the record, kinda refreshing. I feel Criminology 2.5 redux, it's better shorter. Gunshowers is crazy, Smooth Sailing too and Pimpin Chipp is classic Ghost.

-It kinda lacks some album structure. Everything comes and goes very fast, every track are fast paced, it's almost exhausting (so it's a good thing it's short!). So i don't know yet what the repeat value may be.

-Meth kills it, for sure. But i love how Ghost goes hard on Gunshowers, mad agressive.
    Raekwon is not very present, it feels more like a Meth& Ghost feat Rae album. I don't know if the fact it's a Def Jam release is the reason for that.

So on 1st listen, it ain't OB4CL2 but it's a nice Wu-banga for sure.

Banned

you know i had to get in on this!!!!!!!

got 5 plus blunts in my system, eyes heavier than your girlfriend and im focusing like a fuckin buddhist monk right now!!!!!!!!!!

im up to smooth sailing...BOUT TIME SOME REAL NIGGAS ROCKED THIS SAMPLE.... HERAD BROTHER ALI ON IT, THESE NIGGAS MASHED IT PROPERLY SITDOWN PROKY THE PIG!!!!!!!!!!!!

kinda bummed about crim 2.5 being shorter than crim 2... what gives!?!?!?!?

ill be back with a track by track breakdown for you wu nerds to live by!!!!!!!!!!!!

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

i love how Miranda comes in at just the right time for a change of rythem. Math killed that beat on a latin thing. the shortness is just gonna keep the fiends basted, people gonna be aching for a part2 after this shit..

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by angry! View Post
    eyes heavier than your girlfriend and im focusing like a fuckin buddhist monk right now!!!!!!!!!!
    lmao

im up to that wu shit..

ik rae hasnt been sayin much bout wu massacre on twitter 2.......seemed like he didnt have much 2 do with this........i heard ghost basically put this whole album 2gether........i still like it a lot tho.......
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by corky831 View Post
    ik rae hasnt been sayin much bout wu massacre on twitter 2.......seemed like he didnt have much 2 do with this........i heard ghost basically put this whole album 2gether........i still like it a lot tho.......
    word son seems like rae told them def jam niggas to eat a dick!!!

he feeling himself right now, and why not!?!?!? he mashing independently!!!!!!!

gunshowers hook is type ILL... new wu banger, vintage!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mauling Panda's Rampage Dominus Santorini's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigKing.nl View Post
    LOL @ fags always trying to choose between rappers.

Who gives a fuck.
    What the fuck did you say to me son? Man up nigga. Address me directly like a man mufucka. Hiding behind your screen. You live in New York nigga? Let's meet up TODAY. Shut the fuck up
    Last edited by Dominus Santorini; 03-25-2010 at 02:53 PM.

just finished listening to this Wu-BANGA, and i'm definitely satisfied. i love when i haven't been listening to Wu-Tang for a good while, banging all kinds of dope hip-hop, and then BAM an album like this drops and i probably won't be able to listen to anything but Wu for a good while again. the same when "Ob4cl2" dropped; "Manifesto" did nothing for me, i honestly haven't made it through the entire album yet LOL!

i really don't care that it's short, cus every beat on here pleased me and although i haven't taken in every word and every verse yet there wasn't anything that threw me off and alot of shit by mainly Ghost that caught my ears, so yeah... my only complaint is that they should have included track #13 if it was done and finished, as i said the length isn't necesarily a bad thing but if they already had another track set ready to go (with an additional guest apperances from a general nontheless) then why not throw it on?

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

it's short, sweet and fire no filler what so ever so far so dope it's a wu massacre

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    just finished listening to this Wu-BANGA, and i'm definitely satisfied. i love when i haven't been listening to Wu-Tang for a good while, banging all kinds of dope hip-hop, and then BAM an album like this drops and i probably won't be able to listen to anything but Wu for a good while again. the same when "Ob4cl2" dropped; "Manifesto" did nothing for me, i honestly haven't made it through the entire album yet LOL!

i really don't care that it's short, cus every beat on here pleased me and although i haven't taken in every word and every verse yet there wasn't anything that threw me off and alot of shit by mainly Ghost that caught my ears, so yeah... my only complaint is that they should have included track #13 if it was done and finished, as i said the length isn't necesarily a bad thing but if they already had another track set ready to go (with an additional guest apperances from a general nontheless) then why not throw it on?
    so far i think mef has been crushing it and yeah if made men was done why not addddddd it

Mauling Panda's Rampage Dominus Santorini's Avatar

Ya, it's brevity isn't a negative aspect of the album. It's to the point and there really isn't any filler on the album. Deck really shows up on almost everyone's record. Too bad it's not reciprocated.

Wu-Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by angry! View Post
    you know i had to get in on this!!!!!!!

got 5 plus blunts in my system, eyes heavier than your girlfriend and im focusing like a fuckin buddhist monk right now!!!!!!!!!!

im up to smooth sailing...BOUT TIME SOME REAL NIGGAS ROCKED THIS SAMPLE.... HERAD BROTHER ALI ON IT, THESE NIGGAS MASHED IT PROPERLY SITDOWN PROKY THE PIG!!!!!!!!!!!!

kinda bummed about crim 2.5 being shorter than crim 2... what gives!?!?!?!?

ill be back with a track by track breakdown for you wu nerds to live by!!!!!!!!!!!!

hilarious!!! read my review

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho...74#post1847074

Wu-Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus Santorini View Post
    What the fuck did you say to me son? Man up nigga. Address me directly like a man mufucka. Hiding behind your screen. You live in New York nigga? Let's meet up TODAY. Shut the fuck up

set em straight.. i hate these fuckin computer thug goofs nowadays..he wont show..but if he does..i guarantee he switches his tone lol

A better Title Than Yours RagapanD-ZALLAH's Avatar

Ok ive gave it a few listens and... its a Great album... definately quality over quantity, no filler. Those skits are funny lol nice inclusions.
    Every track ive heard so far i loved, Gunshowers is the best, that hook is freakin crazy.
    But that hook on It's that Wu shit i thought i was hearing shit. Awful. Sounds like fuckin akon. Other than that its still a good track.
    That Made Men track will probably come out some time in april (my prediction, dont flame). I gotta let this album sink in abit though, its to early to judge now.

Anyways think this is a solid album and i will be playing this shit on and on for a long time. That and OB4CL2 will be enough Wu until the next Wu group album.

Made Men will probably come out some time in april (my prediction, dont flame).
    Think! - Too much time on the 'net?

All In Together Now

Genius . Steels . Mcgirt
    Youtube - RagapanD - http://www.youtube.com/user/RagapanD

Yo, whoever said gunshowers was not their taste, wow how can you like Wu-Tang? That shit is the bangin'est crack in years. It def gives New Wu a run for the money.