Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Wu Massacre First Thoughts...

I regret checkin those tracks that leaked... I already know 95% of the album ;/

For me it's bangin. short but dope,

20 years into his career and Ghost STILL hasn't aged one bit, dude is the Pinnochio of hip hop

The album is great, short but sweet

off first listen

/
    /
    4...such a great concept ruined by an absurdly wack hook, what the fuck was Scram thinking?

It's classic, even with all the bullshit, heads are gonna go nuts for this shit. Wu is back with a common, and they promised it, and we should have known. Just sit back and imagine the next round of classics that are promised....you ready?

Loyalty is Royalty
    Crystal Method
    The Cure
    The Rebellion
    GZA + RZA
    Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang
    Doomstarks

What??? Wu is back wit a common. Tell your backpacking friends.

PRODIGAL SUN

Indoor pools with steel doors flippin eggs over in my silk drawersssssssss

album hot

wish it was longer tho

still coppin it tho

u can tell ghost been touring like crazy he probly lost his voice cause on this albums his voice is more deep and raspy like

miranda>>>>>>
    [img]http://i30.tinypic.com/2lm6vwx.jpg[img/]

Golden Child Shaolin Bloody Sword's Avatar

"Our dreams" sounds better on the album ! This track is dope. Didn't like much at first ! this album is a 8.5/10 for me. If it was longer, the ratings would have been higher. Dope album, im copping it.

Banned

criminology 2.5 - more "criminology 1.5 directors cut" but whatever!!!!!!!! still works, heard the ghost verse a million times, love "badlands", and still think he ripped it... mef eats this jawn alive!!!!!! cadence flow delivery voice lyrics, it takes a lot of nerve to question his skill level!!!!!!!!!!!

mef vs chef 2 - INSANE math battle horns steel brass section cripple my spirit!!!!!! like franchise said, A PLUS MIXING for you wu nerds marking down records due to the "levels" like your corn ass is an engineer!!!!!!!!!! back n forth is vicious!!!!!!!!!!

skit - classic yo mama skit, vintage mef vs chef!!!!!!!!!

our dreams - yall heard it, but you a straight faggot if you hate on this record, for real!!!!!!!! we all got opinions, but you on some femme fatal shit if you question this record!!!!!! classic MJ sample, ghost first verse is perfect, mef verse is perfect, chef verse is spotless... rza got awkward drums and mixed his levels funny... YEAH, THAATS CLASSIC RZA!!!!!!!!!!

gunshowers - beat literally crushed my spirit!!!!!!!! expert hookwork from method man, one of the greatest hook writers in hip hop history!!!!!!!!! "beef we can get it on right here".. ghost blacks out with a half short twice strong napalm!!!!!!!!!!!! raw posse cut, wu banger, ALL DAT, if you dont snap your neck to this, i hope you snap your neck when youre out there figure skating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dangerous - funky chop, dribbeling drums, rae laxing spitting visual crack!!!!!!!!!!!! beat is raw... ghost hook is gangsta, his verse is some of his most disrespectful spittin in recent memory!!!!!!!!! starks sounding like he got freshly injected with the strength of 80 midgets!!!!!!!! mef cleanup is butters, mapped the beat like a rest stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pimpin chip -ONE OF THE ILLEST GHOSTFACE SONGS IVE EVER HEARD... right off the bat!!!!!!!!! this wakes up the soul, if you dont feel this track, you need to stop listening to hip hop, and switch your tampon brand, cuz you a bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! story is crack beat is crispy voiceovers are ill... instant classic!!!!!!! i can see why nobody else touched this one!!!!!!! DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!

miranda - OHHHHH yeeeaaah yall already know ima be doing cocaine on a cruise ship in a tux with this jawn playing!!!!!!!!!!!!! rae verse needed a big no homo, nigga needed a girl to do the voiceover HAHA he killed it though!!!!!! ghost sound burned out like his he just got done screaming on his bitch, makes his verse EVEN BETTER!!!!!!!! mef first 2 bars are incredible delivery wise, god body presence!!!!!!!!!!!!! O.D. on this crack!!!!!!!!!

youngstown heist - lemme break this down for you cats that used to sweat the weeks upcoming test coming up... this is classic crime rap, concept is more ambitious than your father ever was... unquestionably!!!!!!!! the OG's pulling a heist with they little mans... dope sound effects and crazy imagery... trife and ghost back n forth was ill!!!!!!!

its that wu - damn they took it back... skeletal breakbeat... older heads gonna love this... im tallking grey hair niggas at the barbershop!!!!!!!!!! ghost smashing so hard... he is a rap immortal, i like how they recorded his vocals on the album, they left the breathes in, sounds natural and his natural energy is untouchable!!!!!!!! mef litte cleanup up was cool, he was mopping the blood starks left!!!!!!!!!

incredible release, 30 minutes of absolute crack, EP album whatever its a SPINAL TAP!!!!! ghostface and mef bodied this bitch, if its a teaser of whats to come, consider yourself grateful!!!!!!!!!!!!! this little snack they throwing out shits on just about everythin ive heard this year off 1 listen!!!!!!!!!!!!! rae parts were dope, wish there was more, but the mef and starks more than capable of holdin it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRODIGAL SUN

The Dangerous beat goesss hard accompanied by raes sick flow!

Banned

I'll make a separate thread later on about critical responses, but so far one magazine has posted a review of the album, Entertainment Weekly. they gave it a "B+"

Quote Originally Posted by angry! View Post
    criminology 2.5 - more "criminology 1.5 directors cut" but whatever!!!!!!!! still works, heard the ghost verse a million times, love "badlands", and still think he ripped it... mef eats this jawn alive!!!!!! cadence flow delivery voice lyrics, it takes a lot of nerve to question his skill level!!!!!!!!!!!

mef vs chef 2 - INSANE math battle horns steel brass section cripple my spirit!!!!!! like franchise said, A PLUS MIXING for you wu nerds marking down records due to the "levels" like your corn ass is an engineer!!!!!!!!!! back n forth is vicious!!!!!!!!!!

skit - classic yo mama skit, vintage mef vs chef!!!!!!!!!

our dreams - yall heard it, but you a straight faggot if you hate on this record, for real!!!!!!!! we all got opinions, but you on some femme fatal shit if you question this record!!!!!! classic MJ sample, ghost first verse is perfect, mef verse is perfect, chef verse is spotless... rza got awkward drums and mixed his levels funny... YEAH, THAATS CLASSIC RZA!!!!!!!!!!

gunshowers - beat literally crushed my spirit!!!!!!!! expert hookwork from method man, one of the greatest hook writers in hip hop history!!!!!!!!! "beef we can get it on right here".. ghost blacks out with a half short twice strong napalm!!!!!!!!!!!! raw posse cut, wu banger, ALL DAT, if you dont snap your neck to this, i hope you snap your neck when youre out there figure skating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dangerous - funky chop, dribbeling drums, rae laxing spitting visual crack!!!!!!!!!!!! beat is raw... ghost hook is gangsta, his verse is some of his most disrespectful spittin in recent memory!!!!!!!!! starks sounding like he got freshly injected with the strength of 80 midgets!!!!!!!! mef cleanup is butters, mapped the beat like a rest stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pimpin chip -ONE OF THE ILLEST GHOSTFACE SONGS IVE EVER HEARD... right off the bat!!!!!!!!! this wakes up the soul, if you dont feel this track, you need to stop listening to hip hop, and switch your tampon brand, cuz you a bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! story is crack beat is crispy voiceovers are ill... instant classic!!!!!!! i can see why nobody else touched this one!!!!!!! DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!

miranda - OHHHHH yeeeaaah yall already know ima be doing cocaine on a cruise ship in a tux with this jawn playing!!!!!!!!!!!!! rae verse needed a big no homo, nigga needed a girl to do the voiceover HAHA he killed it though!!!!!! ghost sound burned out like his he just got done screaming on his bitch, makes his verse EVEN BETTER!!!!!!!! mef first 2 bars are incredible delivery wise, god body presence!!!!!!!!!!!!! O.D. on this crack!!!!!!!!!

youngstown heist - lemme break this down for you cats that used to sweat the weeks upcoming test coming up... this is classic crime rap, concept is more ambitious than your father ever was... unquestionably!!!!!!!! the OG's pulling a heist with they little mans... dope sound effects and crazy imagery... trife and ghost back n forth was ill!!!!!!!

its that wu - damn they took it back... skeletal breakbeat... older heads gonna love this... im tallking grey hair niggas at the barbershop!!!!!!!!!! ghost smashing so hard... he is a rap immortal, i like how they recorded his vocals on the album, they left the breathes in, sounds natural and his natural energy is untouchable!!!!!!!! mef litte cleanup up was cool, he was mopping the blood starks left!!!!!!!!!

incredible release, 30 minutes of absolute crack, EP album whatever its a SPINAL TAP!!!!! ghostface and mef bodied this bitch, if its a teaser of whats to come, consider yourself grateful!!!!!!!!!!!!! this little snack they throwing out shits on just about everythin ive heard this year off 1 listen!!!!!!!!!!!!! rae parts were dope, wish there was more, but the mef and starks more than capable of holdin it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yo, even though I hate your bleeding guts, that shit had me fallin on my ass.

pimpin chip was my favorite snippet off amazon and I still wasn't ready for that shit

ghostface is a beast right now

i just read an interview where Method Man was speaking on the album, saying Def Jam didn't give them a proper budget and had them rushing out the project. and the shit bangs this fucking HARD, imagine how dope it would've been given the proper time and money!! can't wait to get my hands on that "Made Men" joint, if there will be like a UK release i'ma wait til i can cop that

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Banned

brock if theres one thing we got in common, its a divine appreciation for all things wu!!!!!!!!!!!

you need a newman in your life!!!!!!!!!

aiyo...

GHOSTFACE VERSE ON MIRANDA IS FUCKIN CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!

he sounds like he just blew his voice out barking on a bitch he wanted to hit!!!!!!!!!! losing my voice saved a lot of these hoes faces over the years!!!!!!!!!!!!!

id like to fuck a lot of yall nerds mommmas to that record!!!!!!!!!!

im spinning back the final track, its fuckin gully!!!!!!!! i feel like poppin n lockin in roller skates and lighting up a reagan era crack rock with a pick in my wig listening to this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sleepyheaded Nonsense Dr Sleepwalker's Avatar

spinning a swishy and gunna listen to this shit, my thoughts to come...

PRODIGAL SUN

The last track gotta be the most live..hands down.....