• 2: Boring

11 9.09%
  • 1: Wack

6 4.96%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Meth/Ghost/Rae - "Wu-Massacre"

kamouflage

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Somebody Find 3 LEGIT reasons this album is wack.... I don't wanna hear shit about "Time", or none of that other non-important shit...Nobody has legit reason to why they say the album is wack
    THis is not an album just a compilation of leftovers
    You can't call 30 minutes of rap music an album
    15 Dollars/Euros for 30 minutes that's like 50 cent per minutes lol
    Boom Bap Mafiozos " C.R.A.C.K."

http://www.myspace.com/boombapmafiozos

kamouflage

By the way yeah time is important to most non wu stans

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konii blaze View Post
    THis is not an album just a compilation of leftovers
    You can't call 30 minutes of rap music an album
    15 Dollars/Euros for 30 minutes that's like 50 cent per minutes lol
    Just proved me right...
    Compilation of Leftovers????? Nahh
    Time complaints......
    Bullshit money excuse, mines costs 10.59 U.S. dollars
    You're Euro

LOL
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Veteran Member

1. Our Dreams Beat
    2. Not having Raekwon on more tracks
    3. Not including Made Men
    4. Omitting Raekwon & Ghostfaces original verse on Criminology Part 2.5

Wu-Massacre

1.Criminology 2.5 - 7/10 - the fact that I heard criminology 2 a while ago depreciates the value of this track beatwise but nonetheless Meth and Ghost drop great verses. The track suffers from the lack of a Rae verse too.

2.Meth vs Chef 2 - 8/10 - The beat is epic but I didnt find one line that really made me say "oh shit!"

3.Ya Moms Skit --/10 ... I love that loop, the "skit" loop from 36 chambers.

4. Smooth Sailing Remix -9/10- Wheres the original? Anyways Pete rocks beat here is incredible and everybody sounds great on it. I think Streetlife steals the show.

5. Our Dreams - 7/10 - It disappointed me when I first heard it but it has grown on me. The alicia keys version was better though.

6.Gunshowers - 5/10 - The beat is very repetetive and annoying after the first few minutes which kills the song for me. Its a song that should have been an interlude that was maybe 1 verse long.

7.Dangerous - 7/10 - The beat is average. The hook is grating. The verses are good but unspectacular.

8.Pimpin Chip -10/10- Perfect Ghostface solo track. Beat is powerful soulful and funky and moves the narrative along and lyrics wise its Ghost doing what he does best.

9.How To Pay Rent --/10

10. Miranda -9/10- Great track, no complaints.

11. Youngstown Heist -10/10- Another superior track. Love the way the story moves from rapper to rapper and the beat is great.

12. Wu Shit -4/10- What the fuck?

OVERALL: 7/10

What should have been a great album barely qualifies as an album in length and was obviously half-assed, phoned in, and rushed. On the good sides the tracks are for the most part pretty decent to bangers. But considering this is a major label album The mastering is seriously inconsistent on both the vocals and the beats. The record is a half hour and we STILL have a few throwaway tracks. The mixtape level of quality and effort is apparent. If a few more months was put into this album it could have been something great but instead its just passable. Its still Ghost, Rae, and Meth spitting as we would expect but shoddy production values and a painfully short length make this album a bit underwhelming.

Some of you will say "you should be grateful that they actually put this out and did something" but they might as well have saved these tracks for solo albums that they would have put more effort into or just put a few more months into it and made it awesome. They should do another wu-tang album or try this combination again but take their time with it because this could have potentially been amazing.
    Last edited by J-DON; 04-01-2010 at 12:10 AM.

Cool Another Wu-Banga

Meth , Ghost , Rae are on fire ! Real good WU album! it's a bit short tho.. but all the tracks are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    1. Our Dreams Beat
    2. Not having Raekwon on more tracks
    3. Not including Made Men
    4. Omitting Raekwon & Ghostfaces original verse on Criminology Part 2.5
    this is why an WHOLE album is wack? again you have proved me right. NON Legit excuses from ya'll...
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Banned

people are being too picky about this album. find me another 2010 hip-hop release with no fillers. the only album this year that might surpass this one is Vinnie Paz's solo debut

Overall it's a great little album. I've got got a small criticism and it's essentially the opposite of what other people are saying. They needed to release this as an EP. Don't get me wrong, I think most of the songs are great. There's actually no filler. But can you imagine an EP coming out of nowhere, just 6 fantastic songs? The rest of the songs would have made their way onto one album or another (from the sound of them probably Ghost's next one) but if they just kept the Allah Math beats, Wu Shit and Our Dreams it would have been the best placeholder of all time.

It's not a big thing though. Awesome album.
    Music labeler.
    last.fm

Veteran Member

"Wheres the original? Anyways Pete rocks beat here is incredible and everybody sounds great on it. I think Streetlife steals the show."

The original is a Cappadonna song called 4 Real Though, and Pete Rock didnt produce Smooth Sailing it was Ty Fyffe

An act of God

Too short, too patchy, Ghostface ruined gunshowers for me, trying to shout instead of rap, having bars that didn't flow, rolling over the beat like a dried up turd down a bumpy hill...

Wu shit bleh
    Fuck criminology 2.5
    Dangerous, I wasn't feeling....

The rest was dope or at least decent..
    It's a 5.5 outta 10 for me. Though the tracks I like were really good.

kamouflage

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    this is why an WHOLE album is wack? again you have proved me right. NON Legit excuses from ya'll...
    1. A lot of wack beats ( Our dreams, Gunshowers, I't's that wu shit, Criminology etc.. )
    2. The length of the "only" 10 tracks
    3. The lack of Raekwon
    4. E-mailed verses, no cohésion
    5. The last track is horrible, no posse cut to finish
    6. The " album" doesn't flow like a real album because it's not a real album
    7. Interludes are miserable
    8. It's not a "massacre" at all, tracks are mostly soft
    etc. etc.

lol I could really care less, I enjoy it and thats all that matters..

Miranda is some dope shit, i love that loop! best song on the LP
    Stay Off The F*&?%$' Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by Konii blaze View Post
    1. A lot of wack beats ( Our dreams, Gunshowers, I't's that wu shit, Criminology etc.. )
    Somebody shoot this motherfucker in the fucking head.