• 1: Wack

6 4.96%
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Meth/Ghost/Rae - "Wu-Massacre"

Default Meth/Ghost/Rae - "Wu-Massacre"

01. "Criminology Pt. 2.5"
    02. "Meth Vs. Chef II"
    03. "Ya Moms (Skit)"
    04. "Smooth Sailing (RMX)" (Ft. Solomon Childs & StreetLife)
    05. "Our Dreams"
    06. "Gunshowers" (Ft. Inspectah Deck & Sun God)
    07. "Dangerous"
    08. "Pimpin' Chip"
    09. "How To Pay Rent (Skit)"
    10. "Miranda"
    11. "Youngstown Heist" (Ft. Trife, Sheek Louch & Bully)
    12. "It's That Wu Shit"

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

FRESH FISH

smooth sailing is a remix to cappa for real tho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DukZXmx_8-E

this shit is fucking NUTS, my head is nodding like crazy throughout every song. even previous throwaways like "Our Dreams" and "Criminology II" sounds fucking DOPE in context and properly mixed and mastered. this, "Ob4cl2" and "Chamber Music" is real QUALITY Wu-Tang releases!!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Veteran Member

Disappointed in the shortening of Crim 2.5, cant wait to hear Made Men

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

I throw back the original criminalogy 2.5 back on there with rae's verse fuck that

Wu-Veteran

Default Wu massacre my first listen review

CRIMINOLOGY 2.5 (GHOST/MEF)

wtf? this should be called criminology 2.1!! what happened to rae's verse? and ghosts first verse?
    incredibly shortened...but still dope..and actually..it doesnt get as played out this way..since weve had the original rae/ghost version for a while now 6.5/10

METH VS CHEF (RAE/MEF)

wu banga!! heard this already too..better quality then the leak...wouldve loved ghost to be on this!! But still..rae and mef killed.. (i didnt like one mef line about that capn crunch cereal tho ..just MO)
    8.5/10

SMOOTH SAILING REMIX (GHOST/SOLOMON CHILDS/MEF/STREET LIFE)

heard this sample flipped a few times...but not as good as this!!
    everybody repped hard..solomon sounds good on the hook
    8.5/10

OUR DREAMS (GHOST/MEF/RAE)

first single..checked the video yesterday..dopeness..excep i think rza was real lazy with the loop..the transition from chorus-verse is choppy..but nonetheless ghost as usual destroys it..mef killed it!! nobody can flow like tical..and rae tops it off
    8/10

GUNSHOWERS (MEF/GHOST/SUN GOD/INSPECTAH DECK)
    suuuuuuuu!! this is vintage wu shit..high pitched soul beat.. mef flows on anything... holds the hook down too...ghost sounds hungry...the wally champ returns...sun god blends in nice...deck too..wish he'd go back to his sword style on forever tho..he has changed his alot
    9/10

DANGEROUS (RAE/GHOST/MEF)

catchy beat..grimy but the horns sound kinda cheap and synthesized...rae does his usual...ghost murders it!!! puts these snitches on blast..mef does his thing..wish hed switch his flows up sometimes tho...no real complaints here tho..good track
    7.5/10

PIMPIN CHIPP (GHOST)

nasty beat..nice horns..ghost on some story shit..solo track
    8/10

MIRANDA (RAE/GHOST/MEF)

chilled out beat by allah math..rae first..vivid story dealin with them hoes..ghost on the same tip..mef with mad charisma..seamless track..one of the better trax on the album
    9/10

YOUNGSTOWN HEIST (GHOST/TRIFE/SHEEK/BULLY)

gritty beat!! wish mef and rae were on this one...ghost's flow seems a bit choppy..trife held it down..and sheek and bully add nice flavour..basically describing a massacre
    8/10

ITS THAT WU SHIT (GHOST/MEF)

dont like the beat at all!!! hook is corny as fuck ewww..worst track on the album
    5/10

the copy i have doesnt have made men..so cant leave a review but overall ill give the album (on first listen) 8/10

still coppin march 30th..i suggest you do the same

They've butchered Criminology 2.5 almost beyond recognition. Don't know whose stupid fucking idea that was but the rest sounds good.
    Music labeler.
    last.fm

Album is fuckin banging man!
    Last edited by ShodaGWC; 03-25-2010 at 04:06 PM.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

it's that wu shit has the dopeness I loved that sample I've heard it b4 in a movie b4 shit is tight as fuck, ghostface crushed it

and the tj swan sample that was also used in rahzel's title track off his debut album "make the music 2000"

scram coulda did better with the sample but shit was fire to me I liked it, not everyone's beat still creativie none the less.
    Last edited by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS; 03-25-2010 at 05:38 PM.

it's that wu shit is one of the only really cool tracks on the album imo...the album's pretty good but it does sound rushed and some of the beats sound cheap to me, and it really is too short. wtf is going on with albums now...anyway, all three mcs are dope but they needed more songs together ...i mean youngstown heist is great but where's rae and meth? clearly that's just some track ghost had for a future solo album that he 'donated' to this project...but it is amazing how good they sound this deep into their careers
    3.5/5 for me right now, but i probably need to get drunk as well as weeded to really enjoy it lol...i'll buy it mainly for the artwork lol

edit: oh ya...meth needs to put out a solo album asap, he's super-ridiculous on basically every track he's on...
    Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 03-25-2010 at 08:42 PM.

Banned

Best MC: Ghostface

Best producer: Allah Mathematics

Best track: Youngstown Heist

make your own results. this album is great, might be better than Cuban Linx II simply because there's no fillers, even the skits are good. I know Rae could've made a bigger appearance, but he's got his solo album coming out later, so it's all good. Meth did a job with his high energy, even surpassing Rae. but Ghost owned the album. his solo track is awesome storytelling like only he can do.

the beats are great, overall, with Mathematics providing the most bangers. the lyrics are sharp as expected, even from the guests, though they could've been more consistent and...grittier. sometimes it felt like they forgot what they were rhyming about. and the title of the album is Wu-MASSACRE, so I expected some more harrowing stuff. but it's still hardcore. and as for the last track...yeah it sounds like something kanye west would produce, but it works. it's not as corny as people make it out to seem. and I wanna hear Made Men. will that be on the actual CD?

okay now, who voted this thing a masterpiece lol the fact that yall are satisfied with that criminology beat sickens me. Rza didnt go with just plain loop for a reason, it just doesnt flow right, it didnt in nine five, it didnt when myself and about a million other people tried to re-sample that track between then and now, but w/e

Veteran Member

4/5. Too short And that Wu Shit could of been better. Other than that,its a dope LP. Will cop next week
    Wu Tang Forever.

PRODIGAL SUN

wu massacre feels like a ghostface album. a really good ghost album.
    Unloyal Snakes get thrown in boilin Lakes Of Hot Oil