Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is the fanatism for an US sport team as big as football (soccer)

So people actually attend Pirates games?

I don't know if that was attended for me, but I don't live anywhere close to Pittsburgh. lol

Shaolin Master

College Football is definitley as heavy in fanbase and rabid lunacy like Euro Futbol. There is immense tradition and love for college teams like euro futbol. I am a U of Michigan fan, and absolutely love football season for the commraderie, loyalty, and tradition of it. Soccer fans are nuts but it adds to the atmosphere of the game and I love watching euro futbol too. Professional sports fans are clearly not as nuts in the US though.

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    I don't know if that was attended for me, but I don't live anywhere close to Pittsburgh. lol
    I think the word you were looking for was intended. Anyway, it wasn't intended for anyone in particular.

Yeah, and I was referring to Rob's post. lol

Yankee fans would beat the fuckin shit outta any of you banana throwing Soccer faggots.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
    Yankee fans would beat the fuckin shit outta any of you banana throwing Soccer faggots.
    yeah ok, lol.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by derek41 View Post
    College Football is definitley as heavy in fanbase and rabid lunacy like Euro Futbol. There is immense tradition and love for college teams like euro futbol. I am a U of Michigan fan, and absolutely love football season for the commraderie, loyalty, and tradition of it. Soccer fans are nuts but it adds to the atmosphere of the game and I love watching euro futbol too. Professional sports fans are clearly not as nuts in the US though.
    hahaha...U of M....you guys still get excited for the season???

We own you.

well the only thing my soccer team is known for is having the worlds loudest stadium. 30,000 ppl kicking up 140 decibels. iv been to a match in istanbul and its something else. nobody bothers watching the game, they chant their hearts out. its a damn show to be honest, the fans protest, they swear like crazy. its very organised chanting though.

the concept of supporting is different in Europe. we believe that you go to a game to support the team, not to watch.

you can relate it to the socio-economic situation of the fans in europe. fans get louder as you go into poorer nations. they support their teams soo much because in reality they have nothing else to do.

Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
    yeah ok, lol.
    Better believe it. And I'll also say Raider fans, Laker fans, Browns fans, Red Sox fans [when theyre relevant] will do the same. I'm prolly missing a few teams. Stop acting like just because ya'll throw bananas on the field and make monkey noises like ya'll are crazy like that

Better believe it. And I'll also say Raider fans, Laker fans, Browns fans, Red Sox fans [when theyre relevant] will do the same. I'm prolly missing a few teams. Stop acting like just because ya'll throw bananas on the field and make monkey noises like ya'll are crazy like that
    lol get the fuck outta here!!

1st off, i dont think its cool or hip or tough to fight or die even like some here do for a club. family, girlfriend, close friends is a different story, but why would i have to fight for a couple of millionair players and managers who dont give a fuck about me. you need to wise up!

2nd, that banana throwing remark shows how little you know. no way in hell are american sports fans as crazy as the ones in europe or south america... NO WAY IN FUCKING HELL. everybody knows that. people die for their team. people commit suicide. people kill their entire family...

get the fuck outta here.

l no way in hell are american sports fans as crazy as the ones in europe or south america... NO WAY IN FUCKING HELL. everybody knows that. people die for their team. people commit suicide. people kill their entire family...
    and you're proud of this??

smh...
    Last edited by THE W; 04-15-2010 at 01:53 PM.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Quote Originally Posted by wadedigital36 View Post
    and you're proud of this??

smh...
    fag, did you read my post?

hah..i love the redsox comment..
    but i bet even every fan that had season tickets to the lions last season wud mos def beat the shit out of any euro soccer fan
    thats a fuckin pissd of fanbase..lol

Starvin' individuals kill Tommy's Avatar

2nd, that banana throwing remark shows how little you know. no way in hell are american sports fans as crazy as the ones in europe or south america... NO WAY IN FUCKING HELL. everybody knows that. people die for their team. people commit suicide. people kill their entire family...
    Agreed with that, some supporters in South America bring guns to games and look to gun down rival supporters, or other times they bring serious weapons like swords or chainsaws and look to do some serious damage.

The situation in England ain't as bad as what it used to be, which I'm glad about, but it can still get pretty violent depending on who's playing; for example, Millwall or Cardiff, not sure if you've heard of them. If you ever get the chance, pick up "The Football Factory", "I.D.", or "Rise of the Footsoldier" to see what it used to be like at football games, pretty hectic fucking stuff.

All in all, though, it is pathetic for people to be doing this. Grown men fighting each other in the name of a football team who could care less about them? Lmfao. I don't mind them actually doing it, it's just when they involve innocent people who only wanna watch the game without some moron who can't fight for shit throwing stuff and acting like an idiot.