A review of Chi King - Big Heist

After listening to this mixtape a few times there are some real stand out joints. This mixtape is more like a street album. There all fresh beats that have been used. There are some features like Fredro who dropped a dope verse and a host of producers who lace Chi with superb beats. What I like about Chi is that he knows the type of beats that people want to hear.

Chi has stepped up his flow and his lyrical content is on point on Big Heist. I thought he had skills before but there is an improvement to his flow which I noticed on this mixtape. Moving to LA has only enhanced his music abilities and shown his wide range of skills on the mic. It would have been better to have more Wu affiliates on the mixtape but im sure they will be on future projects that will come out soon.

My favourite tracks are Quick Keys, The Guards, Non Stop, Clorkwork and Madhouse. These tracks represent what Chi is all about. Hard grimey beats with vivid gutter lyrics to go with them. Fredro Star does his thing but the other features could have been left off the mixtape. There are some bumpy laid back tracks like the reggae joint ‘Go By’ and ‘Boy Boy’ which has an ill Biggie sample and the beat bangs. The next joint that Chi releases should have his Wu brethren on it and stick to them grimey beats. This was a nice venture with Onyx but the lack of Wu brethren showed that Chi needs them as it only enhances his music and its what the fans expect and want. If Chi keeps dropping joints like The Guards and Quick Keys then fans are in for a treat for the future and its breakthrough artists like Chi who keep the Wu flag flying high for the generations to come.

Tronz