Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gunshowers is the best track on the massacre hands down.

i didn't think that would happen some day, but i agree!

Veteran Member

"i get money off the water like a.....?"

whats he say i cant really hear it

pimpin chipp is better. As is 70% of the rest of the album
    fuck yea..... And miranda is better than that.... I think miranda was like the only song on the album that was meant to be for the meth ghost and rae album... The rest of the album was like a compilation album.... Poorly constructed in my opinion.

im cool wit dig'em beats and what not..

but that beat i felt was annoying... i couldn't listen to it.

not taking away from their work ethic but cause those boys get it in... but gun showers was smh status all day. there weren't any change up straight loops.
    http://images.meez.com/user07/3/9/3/0/8/3/9/3930839_bodyshot_175x233.gif

I get money off the water like a pall bearer there?

Quote Originally Posted by P-Noid Brown View Post
    fuck yea..... And miranda is better than that.... I think miranda was like the only song on the album that was meant to be for the meth ghost and rae album... The rest of the album was like a compilation album.... Poorly constructed in my opinion.

im cool wit dig'em beats and what not..

but that beat i felt was annoying... i couldn't listen to it.

not taking away from their work ethic but cause those boys get it in... but gun showers was smh status all day. there weren't any change up straight loops.
    literally the whole song is sample change ups. Stop saying stupid shit cuz you're from Jersey.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    I get money off the water like a pall bearer there?
    is that it? thats what i thought but it really dont make sense unless i just dont it.

I don't get it either, I thought it might be Palmetto but that don't make sense either. You should make a thread in lyric interpretation. Actually might be worth it.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    I don't get it either, I thought it might be Palmetto but that don't make sense either. You should make a thread in lyric interpretation. Actually might be worth it.
    will do.

i found the lyrics from someplace and they said "pall bearer there". but they also wrote this....
    "go smoke that, The smoke in your face, bitch, I ain't never cared" and thats clear as day what he said soooo...

Veteran Member

"The rest of the album was like a compilation album."

But realistically speaking the only songs that really had a "compilation" problem was Criminology Part 2.5 because its an old CLII throwaway and Dangerous because it was originally a Shacronz track with Raekwon only on it at first. Everything else was intentionally recorded.

I don't even understand that criticism. It feels like a compilation album? How?

Veteran Member

To some extent some see it that way. As I said....

1. Crim 2.5 was an original CLII track that didnt make the final cut, spliced in a re-used Ghostface verse from Badlands & added Meth at the end. Very cut-n-paste job

2. Smooth Sailing isnt really a remix IMO, Ty Fyffe just slapped his name on the track and barely did anything to it except replace Cappachino with the 3 MC's & Solomon on the chorus. The beat is nearly identical to the original '4 Real Tho' by Cappadonna. So I've heard this track before

3. Dangerous is an old Mathematics joint he produced for Shacronz from C.C.F. featuring Raekwon. I guess Shacronz never utilized this track so Mathematics probably just lifted that track (considering it already had a Raekwon verse) and pasted on Meth & Tony.

4. Pimpin Chipp could possibly go on ANY Ghostface Killah solo album, not saying its a throwaway, but it these type of solo tracks should be used on his shit, not a trio album.

wu-massacre is the best ghostface album since supreme clientele.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

^^^since Fishscale...stop hatin'

how doesn't it feel like a compilation... it felt like it was done with no care... it was like.... record it. drop it. next song. like the beats shoulda been wayyyy harder.... it's not hate, but they could have done a lot better.. the shit aint wack, it aint garbage, but not better than what it should have been.
    http://images.meez.com/user07/3/9/3/0/8/3/9/3930839_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Word.. That was probably the first track i had on repeat when i copped the lp