Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Could Kanye West and Asher Roth save the Wu?

Seen & Heard Everywhere DiGitalChamberz's Avatar

i'll let sum one else do the honors...
    keep 120 ray gun powder inside the canister

Not even wu can save the wu....

Asher and kayne!!! Haaaaaaaaa get the fuck out here.
    http://images.meez.com/user07/3/9/3/0/8/3/9/3930839_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

L.O.L. hard at Wu resurgence starting with Cappadonna's Slang Prostitution; he fell way the hell off; a three year old with a Fisher Price keyboard could have produced a better l.p. than his last three ones.

oh well next time hell think twice before makin false claims that Rza owes him money...
    ungrateful smh lol i did like "Walk wit Me" tho shit stay on repeat...

When exactly did this 'resurgence' begin? I'm a bit confused here, because as I recall Grandmasters was a well received record in 2005 that sold far more you would expect from an insanely indie label. Or maybe it was 2006 when we got Fishscale, More Fish & 4:21 in the same year? Or maybe 2007-08 with BDR, 8 Diagrams, Pro Tools and Digi Snacks, which weren't perfect but still more good than bad albums? Or as early as 2004 with NSD? Or 2009 where most critics loved the shit out of OB4CL2 and Dopium?

There's a horrifying little secret that the Wu-Tang fans on this website either don't know or don't want to admit. Kanye & Asher Roth's fans - Hipsters and indie kids - love the shit out of Wu-Tang for the most part. I was at the Raekwon show in Sydney a little while ago and half the crowd looked like they came straight out of a Joanna Newsom/Animal Collective gig. They're never going to get the kind of exposure they used to get but that doesn't change the fact that, as far as the current climate of music, they're damn popular.
    Music labeler.
    last.fm

Veteran Member

Dont forget RZA's track may end up not making it on Kanyes album either. RZA was meant to be on Cormegas "Born & Raised" but didnt make it, lets not forget some of his cut tracks from CLII (State Of Grace, Rockstars, etc)

fuk kanye, ill stop listening to the Wu if that nigga ever got in the mix

man im done wit this thread...

Veteran Member

"fuk kanye, ill stop listening to the Wu if that nigga ever got in the mix"

Ghostface Killah feat Kanye West & Ne-Yo "Back Like That" Remix [prod by Xtreme] is featured not 1 but THREE GFK albums...Both Fish albums & WOP

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

I do not mind Kanye West being involved with Wu Tang projects as long as he stays on the boards and out of the vocal booth. He can throw out hard street records when he is ready.

ummm no he cant... hes not hard or street... ok ok now im really done! lol

Veteran Member

Common's "Tha Game" is one Kanye's most street records...wtf u talkin about?

The Wu doesn't need saving. They made their legacy in the 90's. Whatever else we've gotten since then is something extra - the icing on the cake.

And Dr. Zayus is right - Wu-Tang appeals to a broad audience. The concerts I've been to....you see gangsters and hipsters, side by side. Whites, blacks and asians, side by side. This site is mostly the knuckledragging weirdo Internet Thug homophobes...but Wu-Tang appeals to all types of people. Even when they're making stereotypical street songs, they do it in a creative, unique way where you can appreciate their artistry even if you aren't from their way of life.

So...very few people will "discover" Wu-Tang because RZA co-produced a Kanye West song, or Asher Roth rapped over Liquid Swords on a mixtape. But the good news, people will discover the Wu with every new generation of listeners, because their 90's catalog is so strong.

And for the record, I think Kanye's dope and Asher is wack.

Kanye west is a drama queen and asher roth is fucking lame, explain how they could uplift wu tangs commercial status...

Wu tang just needs to form like voltron and drop another classic joint as a group and some dope solo projects then I can die a happy wu tang fan..

An act of God

Quote Originally Posted by Shallah Diamonds View Post
    Think about it...

Asher and Kanye are catered towards the more casual hip-hop fans and the younger crowd.

Kanye has fallen out of favor with most people, Asher is rumored to be gay and his ten seconds of fame are over.
    I don't see either as helping the Wu.

Wu-Tang Collab with some hard rhymers would be better.

Besides, there's no way in hell Asher could hang with the Wu on a track.... He'd get blown the fuck out of the water.